PS4 - AOR GT3 S11 - PS4 Evaluation Race 3 - Thursday 27/09/2018 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S11 - PS4 Evaluation Race 3 - Thursday 27/09/2018

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Thanks for the advice guys. Haven't run pit stops in the past so assumed extra fuel would make a difference. 1L stops going forward :cool:.
No, don't use 1L fuel, it will cost you an extra 2-3 seconds.
Create an pitstop setup where you do nothing. So you enter the pits, stop at the pitcrew, wait ±3 seconds, exit pits. fastest way to do ;)

• Informative
Reactions: Tomji_

Meester_Bond_WHG

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 20, 2018
No, don't use 1L fuel, it will cost you an extra 2-3 seconds.
Create an pitstop setup where you do nothing. So you enter the pits, stop at the pitcrew, wait ±3 seconds, exit pits. fastest way to do ;)
Thanks Michel - although, doesn't that kind of make the pitstops pointless? Why not just cut them out altogether? Or am I missing something?

blackd0g

Pro Karter
Aug 10, 2018
I think the fastest pitstop time I can do is 5.6secs, if I choose to do nothing at all. Is that the fastest?

@Michel--NL Is there a result table for the Evaluation Race? To know if we've passed or not, or we'll just get to know on sunday at the driver placement?

Thank you.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
I think the fastest pitstop time I can do is 5.6secs, if I choose to do nothing at all. Is that the fastest?

@Michel--NL Is there a result table for the Evaluation Race? To know if we've passed or not, or we'll just get to know on sunday at the driver placement?

Thank you.
The evaluation races are not there to see if you pass the test. Or you must be so terrible at driving, driving backwards the complete race, that we don't let you in ;)
They are there to find out where we place you. You will know where we place you when we announce the driver placements.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Thanks Michel - although, doesn't that kind of make the pitstops pointless? Why not just cut them out altogether? Or am I missing something?
Pits stop where added as an strategic add-on for the players. And actually I had small hopes that accelerated tyre wear would add some tyre changes to it. But that doesn't seem to work.

Reactions: MISFITmusicINC

Archil

PS4 S1 Ginetta GT5 T1 Champion
Apr 22, 2018
Pits stop where added as an strategic add-on for the players. And actually I had small hopes that accelerated tyre wear would add some tyre changes to it. But that doesn't seem to work.
Imola was the most tyre friendly track the last season. So I assume on more demanding circuits such as sakitto or algarve it is gonna make a big difference. And when it rains tyre change will most definitely be necessary.

And am not even going to mention Dubai, I think we might need to change tires twice

• Agree
Reactions: NICK-NITRO

blackd0g

Pro Karter
Aug 10, 2018
The evaluation races are not there to see if you pass the test. Or you must be so terrible at driving, driving backwards the complete race, that we don't let you in ;)
They are there to find out where we place you. You will know where we place you when we announce the driver placements.
Haha I'm sorry, it's just me and my buddies are quite anxious. We've raced in a few other leagues but we feel those are nothing compared to AOR.

I found out that if you're running on softs, it may be worth it to change the front tyres, it adds very little to the pitstop time and usually improves the lap time quite a bit. The scenario was a bit different though, as I was racing on 45mins races with all assists on.

Edit: Plus you can always use the mandatory pitstop to maybe repair a shunt without losing a huge amount of time.

Reactions: Michel--NL

Archil

Apr 22, 2018
Haha I'm sorry, it's just me and my buddies are quite anxious. We've raced in a few other leagues but we feel those are nothing compared to AOR.

I found out that if you're running on softs, it may be worth it to change the front tyres, it adds very little to the pitstop time and usually improves the lap time quite a bit. The scenario was a bit different though, as I was racing on 45mins races with all assists on.
If the track temperature is above 25-30 C, you should not use softs. We had above 50 on Imola, so running softs was a bad move

• Agree
Reactions: Slicker

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
I meant minimal time taking into assumption there is no need to change tyres, refuel or repair damage. For instance, prior to the most recent game update, in season 10, the pitstop time was 2-3 seconds with the 2L refuel bug/exploit.

After the game update (currently), I noticed that when trying the aforementioned exploit, it took something like 6-7 seconds being held at the box. Has anyone else noticed this? And what can now be said to be the fastest strategy/exploit in order to spend least amount of time at the pits
didn't actually check my stopped time last night, but didn't feel it was any longer than in s10 - will try check my gameplay recording later

Archil

Apr 22, 2018
didn't actually check my stopped time last night, but didn't feel it was any longer than in s10 - will try check my gameplay recording later
If you add no fuel, fix no damage and don't change tires, minimal time is going to be 5.6. Adding 1L does not work anymore

EDIT: @Slicker @Fred Ogega

Basically if the mech damage is on, and you have 1-2 damage, put fix all damage on, and the stop will be 0.2 secs long. It happened to me 3 times. However I am not 100% certain that it will work now. However, if you add fuel, the pit time increases.

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
If you add no fuel, fix no damage and don't change tires, minimal time is going to be 5.6. Adding 1L does not work anymore

EDIT: @Slicker @Fred Ogega

Basically if the mech damage is on, and you have 1-2 damage, put fix all damage on, and the stop will be 0.2 secs long. It happened to me 3 times. However I am not 100% certain that it will work now. However, if you add fuel, the pit time increases.
I did the 1l trick for my Eval race and I was around the same as I always am. Did some practice and doing nothing was still longer for me.

Reactions: Slicker