PS4 - AOR GT3 S11 - PS4 Tier 3 - DUBAI GP - 07.11.18 @8pm UK | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S11 - PS4 Tier 3 - DUBAI GP - 07.11.18 @8pm UK

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016

ROUND 5 - Dubai GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday November 7th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Race: 30 laps (29 race laps + 1 AOR formation lap)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit Weather Center

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 18 November 2018 - 01:00 (AM)
- Race start time: 18 November 2018 - 02:00 (AM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed No Shows:

Uninformed No Show.
@RacingAtHome

Last edited:

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016

Welcome to Dubai,

Leave the umbrellas and rain tyres in Germany, because there is no chance of rain during the race in Dubai. However tire management will be a returning factor as the tires can really melt away on the extremely hot track surface if you aren't careful. Hopefully racing at night helps in that regard, with cooler temperatures.

If you have some money to spent, consider staying in the Burj Al Arab Jumeirah hotel, known as the only 7 star hotel in the world.

Overcast conditions for both qualifying and race.

*Also note the in-game date which is set to 18 November to achieve colder track temperatures.

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
no wellies required :cool:

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Won hear back in s7 and I do like the place, hopefully i get a drive as it does provide Some good racing, had a quick blast lastnight as it’s been a while since I’ve been at the track, tried the default stable and was doing 58s on 90ltr so need to do some setup work!

Reactions: Slicker

Jarryd Vermeulen

AOR PS4 Touring Car T1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
Did a hour practise yesterday and best lap was 57.2 on and average about a 57.3 to 57.6 for the first 7 laps and then from 7 to 14 57.7 to 58 and from 14 till lap 30 low 58s worst lap 58.4... still abit worried about tyre drop off and track cooling is maybe the cause of the laps getting worse. But feel I have decent pace now time for some fine tuning on setup and practise will only make me quicker.

Goal is to be in 57s all race long at worst and do some laps in the 56s.

Quali aim will be mid 55s to high.

Reactions: planettoon

chri_s95

Formula Karter
Aug 1, 2018
Did a hour practise yesterday and best lap was 57.2 on and average about a 57.3 to 57.6 for the first 7 laps and then from 7 to 14 57.7 to 58 and from 14 till lap 30 low 58s worst lap 58.4... still abit worried about tyre drop off and track cooling is maybe the cause of the laps getting worse. But feel I have decent pace now time for some fine tuning on setup and practise will only make me quicker.

Goal is to be in 57s all race long at worst and do some laps in the 56s.

Quali aim will be mid 55s to high.
Wow, really fast. I did 1 hour practice too: I'm too slow. My best lap was 2.00 and my race pace was about 2.01/2.02. I need more practice.

Jarryd Vermeulen

AOR PS4 Touring Car T1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
Wow, really fast. I did 1 hour practice too: I'm too slow. My best lap was 2.00 and my race pace was about 2.01/2.02. I need more practice.
Pace will come the more you practice.. this track is about rhythm and planning for the next corner rather than the corner you doing. Very important to keep the flow going into these corners on this track.

Reactions: Killg0re NL

chri_s95

Formula Karter
Aug 1, 2018
Pace will come the more you practice.. this track is about rhythm and planning for the next corner rather than the corner you doing. Very important to keep the flow going into these corners on this track.
Did you practice on Time Trial mode?

chri_s95

Formula Karter
Aug 1, 2018
Best time lap: 1.57.8xx
Race pace (only 15 laps): 1.59.xxx
I'm struggling to get a clean lap. This circuit (above all the first sector) is so difficult.

chri_s95

Formula Karter
Aug 1, 2018
Hi guys, for Qualifying is it better to use hard or soft tyres? I never tried soft tyres but I personally think they are the best choise for the race.