PS4 - AOR GT3 S11 - PS4 Tier 3 - DUBAI GP - 07.11.18 @8pm UK | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S11 - PS4 Tier 3 - DUBAI GP - 07.11.18 @8pm UK

planettoon

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 31, 2018
Useful session, soft rear tyres overheat with my modified setup = lots of spinning. Hard tyres look to be the way forward for me now. Managed a new PB in Quali, in the high 1:57's, pipped by @NICK-NITRO

Reactions: NICK-NITRO

Meester_Bond_WHG

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 20, 2018
Slowly getting quicker as my setup improves. Managed a 1:58.9 for the first time tonight. Practice mode on full race fuel. Can only manage it on soft tyres though. On hards I'm three seconds slower! Touch and go whether a one-stop will work.

Reactions: Jarryd Vermeulen

Jarryd Vermeulen

AOR PS4 Touring Car T1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
Decided to do some laps and fine tune my setup. Did a 15 lap run and best lap of 36.8 and worst lap 57.9 so pretty happy with that.

Reactions: Meester_Bond_WHG

chri_s95

Formula Karter
Aug 1, 2018
Decided to do some laps and fine tune my setup. Did a 15 lap run and best lap of 36.8 and worst lap 57.9 so pretty happy with that.
How much fuel?
My race pace with hard and 80l+ of fuel is around 1.58. Qualy pace: my potential is 1.56.9xx, but my best was 1.57.1

BrakeCheck101

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans GTE tier 2 Winner
Apr 19, 2017
I've been watching this guy's video:

And I'm wondering, have I been doing this track wrong all along?

He appears to be turning while braking into quite a few corners, where as I do braking in a straight line and then turn.

For example, at turn one, he starts turning to the right at the 100 metre board as well as braking. Whereas I've been braking at 100 metres in the straight line and only turning to the right when I feel the appropriate amount of speed has been scrubbed off.

Is my driving style just generally wrong by always braking in a straight line? Like, is that actually slower in all cars? Or is braking and turning just more of a common feature of GT3 cars lap quicker?

Or do neither of those points apply and it's just Dubai as a track suits quite a lot of turning and braking?

For background, before I played Project Cars 2, I only really ever played the F1 franchise where braking and turning at the same time never really seemed to work as you'd just lock the tyres up. Obviously, GT3 cars have ABS, so I'm wondering if that's why it's apparently quicker to brake and turn at the same time?

Reactions: PhoenixNightrain

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017

He appears to be turning while braking into quite a few corners, where as I do braking in a straight line and then turn.

For example, at turn one, he starts turning to the right at the 100 metre board as well as braking. Whereas I've been braking at 100 metres in the straight line and only turning to the right when I feel the appropriate amount of speed has been scrubbed off.

Is my driving style just generally wrong by always braking in a straight line? Like, is that actually slower in all cars? Or is braking and turning just more of a common feature of GT3 cars lap quicker?

Or do neither of those points apply and it's just Dubai as a track suits quite a lot of turning and braking?

For background, before I played Project Cars 2, I only really ever played the F1 franchise where braking and turning at the same time never really seemed to work as you'd just lock the tyres up. Obviously, GT3 cars have ABS, so I'm wondering if that's why it's apparently quicker to brake and turn at the same time?
I mostly turn while braking and I trail brake depending on the type of corner I’m approaching, you can then tune the dampers to help/ aid you in getting the car to rotate.

• Informative
Reactions: BrakeCheck101

Jarryd Vermeulen

AOR PS4 Touring Car T1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017

For me I brake and once I have the correct speed to hit the apex I turn in and accelerate through the corner. I don't accelerate then lift off and back on the throttle... it is one smooth action and it works for me. In other series I have perfected it.. just still learning in GT3 the most affective way of doing it. In wet however I have perfected it for GT3 cars. Just in the dry is still a learning curve. But the great thing about this game is that there are so many different ways of driving and all of them are quick but each of them have their draw backs.

It's up to you to find out what works best for you.

PhoenixNightrain

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 8, 2018
Guys, I'd just be bloody happy to be able to finish a race after my DNS, 1st, DSC, DNF. It would feel very reliefing to accumulate some points as a nice side effect! ;)

BUUUUT This freakin' game gives me a hard time with DSC's lately. I don't know what's the matter. I tested internet connection in the PS4 menus and it usually shows around 100+ / 7 Mbit, so I think slow internet can't be the reason. I also never get disconnects in other games. Literally never!

The last two sessions, yesterday and today (and I don't recall how many other times before in the last few days), I got DSC'ed after about 30 - 70 Min into the session. This is getting so damn annoying that my only concern is staying in the race until the results are in.

DOES ANYBODY HAVE A GOOD TIPP FOR ME HOW TO GET A MORE STABILE CONNECTION TO THE GAME? OR ANY OTHER ADVICE ON HOW TO INCREASE POSSIBILITY OF STAYING CONNECTED?

Annoyed and despaired regards,

Cheers race-mates!

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Guys, I'd just be bloody happy to be able to finish a race after my DNS, 1st, DSC, DNF. It would feel very reliefing to accumulate some points as a nice side effect! ;)

BUUUUT This freakin' game gives me a hard time with DSC's lately. I don't know what's the matter. I tested internet connection in the PS4 menus and it usually shows around 100+ / 7 Mbit, so I think slow internet can't be the reason. I also never get disconnects in other games. Literally never!

The last two sessions, yesterday and today (and I don't recall how many other times before in the last few days), I got DSC'ed after about 30 - 70 Min into the session. This is getting so damn annoying that my only concern is staying in the race until the results are in.

DOES ANYBODY HAVE A GOOD TIPP FOR ME HOW TO GET A MORE STABILE CONNECTION TO THE GAME? OR ANY OTHER ADVICE ON HOW TO INCREASE POSSIBILITY OF STAYING CONNECTED?

Annoyed and despaired regards,

Cheers race-mates!
I always turn my router off for 10 mins before I turn my PS4 on race night, plug my Ethernet cable for the most stable connection, (when i Practice I just use the WiFi) and. Make sure I’m running minimal devises when I’m racing, this also mean me the wife stays off the internet ;), I host a lot of aor league races and I always make sure it’s at its best performance and what I do seems to work for me, also my primary and secondary dns! I use 8.8.8.8 for primary and 8.8.4.4 secondary, these are free to use and will improve your speed.

planettoon

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 31, 2018
I also use Google DNS like Nick. You could look at putting your PS4 in a DMZ but you lose your firewall functionality by doing that. Personally I've never had an issue in doing that, but not everyone likes using the DMZ (I wouldn't use it for a PC/Mac btw).

@Jannutz - other than that I'll cross my fingers for you dude!

Reactions: NICK-NITRO

biba99

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T2 GTE Champion
Mar 17, 2018
What's your configuration at home? ISP, Router, Switch?

PhoenixNightrain

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 8, 2018
What's your configuration at home? ISP, Router, Switch?
I have UPC and their latest connect box:
https://www.upc.ch/de/internet/infos-zu-internet/?CMP=snb_41134914643&ds_rl=1245743&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5pzz0dTA3gIVGOh3Ch2AlwjYEAAYASAAEgKXmvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I connect my PS4 with an ethernet cable. Current speed is 42 download and 8 Mbit upload.

I use 8.8.8.8 for primary and 8.8.4.4 secondary, these are free to use and will improve your speed.
Now I changed to the Google-DNS suggested above and get some better download speed: 137 download and 8 Mbit upload.

Trust using these DNS is legal. Will give it a shot in tomorrow's race. Thanks a lot!

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
https://www.upc.ch/de/internet/infos-zu-internet/?CMP=snb_41134914643&ds_rl=1245743&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5pzz0dTA3gIVGOh3Ch2AlwjYEAAYASAAEgKXmvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I connect my PS4 with an ethernet cable. Current speed is 42 download and 8 Mbit upload.

Now I changed to the Google-DNS suggested above and get some better download speed: 137 download and 8 Mbit upload.

Trust using these DNS is legal. Will give it a shot in tomorrow's race. Thanks a lot!
No problem mate (y) hope it all works out for you

Mr_JayDoubleU

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 28, 2018

@Jannutz , your connection box is the problem... Have the same one and also multiple dsc if i was not the hosting.. i have let my provider put the box in bridge mode and bought my own router... Last 1,5 month never had the disconnect issue

Hopefully you can finish tonights race mate!