PS4 - AOR - GT3 S11 - PS4 Tier 3 - Round 1 Algarve - 10/10/18 @ 8pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR - GT3 S11 - PS4 Tier 3 - Round 1 Algarve - 10/10/18 @ 8pm

de-thomas

F1 1st Driver
Jan 20, 2017
Q: 12th
Was struggling a little to get quick around this track but did certainly expect more than the 44.something I did. Missed a last qualy lap by about a second.

R: 6th
First 10 laps were a bit messy from my side. Lost some time in battles and after that I had a spin or 2 (or 3). From there on a pretty consistent race and happy to get some decent points after the shocking qualy.

Overall glad the season has started again and had some good racing :)

Meester_Bond_WHG

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 20, 2018
Good clean racing last night lads. Well done to everyone.

Well to to my team mate, @Jarryd Vermeulen. Awesome drive bud. Solid start so fingers crossed for the rest of the season.

As for me, started 13th after a poor qualifying session but worked my way up to 6th with some consistent, solid laps. By lap 17 I was feeling confident I might catch 5th. Then disaster. The car in front spun on a tight corner leaving me nowhere to go. Ran into his side getting 8 damage on the front. Car was a dog after that so pitted for repairs. Came out and the damage was still there with 15 laps or so to go! Finished 10th in the end - a real disappointment. Thank god the next race is only a week away. Roll on Silverstone.

planettoon

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 31, 2018
I spent a good amount of time on this track Saturday trying to get a setup for the Merc to work. Opted for hard tyres but was finding the back end so twitchy, even with downforce almost maxed out. Need to find something with the race pace on this car otherwise it will be a long season.

Qualifying pace was really good, my fastest lap was only a few tenths off my quickest in practice so pleased with that, and only 0.3 seconds off pole in 6th place. I was impressed how close the times were, and the overall gap on fastest laps in the race wasn't as big a spread as last year so we should have some really close races going forward.

I knew my race pace was poor after speaking with Frank and RobsterF1 before the race, so it wasn't a surprise to get mobbed, but I was surprised how quick cars were in some corners compared to my motor! A few spins and a little damage which needed repairing put me right at the back. After the repairs my pace was OK as I stayed ahead of cars on the lead lap but it was too little to late.

Quali standings:
1539243845171.png

Race standings didn't save for some reason...maybe because I was a lap down lol!

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
two lessons for me from last night: 1) (which i already knew) push harder in qualy - did a 42.8 in final practice run before joining the lobby, only managed 43.5 in lobby
and 2) (which i also already knew) when your race engineer tells you you've done a great first sector - DON'T check your delta till you're round the next corner ;) (35:00 mins on my stream)

due to 2) i lost all confidence in middle sector - was actually on for a 43 that lap, but never got my rhythm back :(
1) meant i was embroiled in an unnecessary battle with @Matthew010383 (good battle, mate) for a good few laps - which was great fun, but cost me lots of time overall

overall, reasonably happy with 3rd - just could have/should have done better :)

good clean racing throughout - well played all :D

MattDarvs

PS4 GT3 S9 Semi-AM Champion
Feb 28, 2018
So here's my race review:

Qualified 4th 0.3s off my personal best quali time so pretty happy with that.

Race started well and maintained my 4th spot until Lap 3 when I had a little moment under braking into turn 8 and knocked up against Chickano into the corner (no damage to either car thanks God). After that little hiccup I fell to 5th place behind slicker and ItsPT but managed to gain 3 positions up to 2nd over the next 7 laps.

The next 10 laps I remained in 2nd but I could see slicker was gaining and he closed the gap from 8s to 4s and that's when my arsehole went and I decided to pit to avoid racing haha. Pitted at the end of lap 19 and again fell to 5th but had a gap with plenty of clean air enabling me to put in some semi consistent times. Tyre temps and wear were pretty good throughout and the pressures remained consistent.

Slicker pitted on lap 29/30 and I managed to get 2nd place back down the main straight and at that point had a 5 second gap with 5 laps remaining. Slicker closed the gap to 2 seconds on the last lap and I have to admit I was feeling the pressure!

All in all really enjoyed lasts nights race and from what I've seen so far this Tier is much closer in terms of ability than any other tier I've raced in so bodes very well for the next 9 races.

Bring on Silverstone!

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
So here's my race review:

Qualified 4th 0.3s off my personal best quali time so pretty happy with that.

Race started well and maintained my 4th spot until Lap 3 when I had a little moment under braking into turn 8 and knocked up against Chickano into the corner (no damage to either car thanks God). After that little hiccup I fell to 5th place behind slicker and ItsPT but managed to gain 3 positions up to 2nd over the next 7 laps.

The next 10 laps I remained in 2nd but I could see slicker was gaining and he closed the gap from 8s to 4s and that's when my arsehole went and I decided to pit to avoid racing haha. Pitted at the end of lap 19 and again fell to 5th but had a gap with plenty of clean air enabling me to put in some semi consistent times. Tyre temps and wear were pretty good throughout and the pressures remained consistent.

Slicker pitted on lap 29/30 and I managed to get 2nd place back down the main straight and at that point had a 5 second gap with 5 laps remaining. Slicker closed the gap to 2 seconds on the last lap and I have to admit I was feeling the pressure!

All in all really enjoyed lasts nights race and from what I've seen so far this Tier is much closer in terms of ability than any other tier I've raced in so bodes very well for the next 9 races.

Bring on Silverstone!
i was watching the gap coming down and didn't notice the laps slipping away - "i'm nearly there...couple more laps.......oh, sh*t, it's lap 35 @*~&$£"$%%^**("