PS4 - AOR GT3 S11 - PS4 TIER 3 - Round 10 LAGUNDA SECA - 12.12.18 @8PM UK | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S11 - PS4 TIER 3 - Round 10 LAGUNDA SECA - 12.12.18 @8PM UK

planettoon

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 31, 2018
went ok - still struggling to choose between softs and hards. i went on hards, which will go the distance, but the softs were quicker, i think
Fair play if you get the hards turned on. I had a quick go on them and was spinning left right and centre! Softs for me, 1:24's - 1:25's will be my pace with a stable setup (I hope). They may go to the end of the race - will have to see how it goes on the night!

Reactions: PhoenixNightrain

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
Fair play if you get the hards turned on. I had a quick go on them and was spinning left right and centre! Softs for me, 1:24's - 1:25's will be my pace with a stable setup (I hope). They may go to the end of the race - will have to see how it goes on the night!
when i tried the softs in practice, the front left was at about 60% after 4 flying laps - fair play to you if you get them to last the race :)

Reactions: planettoon

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
I'll be going softs I think. The wear was ok for me. Don't think i'll be able to do practice race tonight as champions league on and a mate dropped a hint about using my place to watch it yesterday.

Meester_Bond_WHG

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 20, 2018
Managed a practice session late last night. Definately softs for me. Wear was pretty good even with full fuel load but will need to change tyres half way. They won't last a full race. 23's and 24's for the most part. 22.9 fastest lap.

planettoon

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 31, 2018
22.9! I hope that wasn't with race fuel :D

I've squeezed a mid 22 out in quali trim but miles off that with a full tank.

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
I'll be going softs I think. The wear was ok for me. Don't think i'll be able to do practice race tonight as champions league on and a mate dropped a hint about using my place to watch it yesterday.
i'll probably try the softs again tonight - might need some quite major setup changes to keep them alive, though :(

Meester_Bond_WHG

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 20, 2018
22.9! I hope that wasn't with race fuel :D

I've squeezed a mid 22 out in quali trim but miles off that with a full tank.
22.9 was a few laps after my pitstop so had fresh soft tyres and just under half race fuel. Ran into a back-marker soon after causing 6 front damage so dropped to 24's from then on.

Struggling in qualy as ever. Just can't seem to get the tyres switched on in time :mad:.

Reactions: planettoon

biba99

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T2 GTE Champion
Mar 17, 2018
i'll probably try the softs again tonight - might need some quite major setup changes to keep them alive, though :(
I think the tire wear during a practice session is usually higher than in a race session. It's more than a feeling (btw a huge song), but I can not prove it :)

Reactions: PhoenixNightrain

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
I think the tire wear during a practice session is usually higher than in a race session. It's more than a feeling (btw a huge song), but I can not prove it :)
agreed, but even so, i'm a bit concerned what they will be like at the end of the stint

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Did a practice and half race distance race with some of the guys lastnight and the softs for me didn’t have much wear so shouldn’t have to change

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
i ran the whole distance on one set of softs last night - not deliberate (thx pitcrew :/ ) but a good test. i think the 15 secs lost in pits will be more than covered by improved pace after - i'm changing tyres

Reactions: MattDarvs

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
wi
i ran the whole distance on one set of softs last night - not deliberate (thx pitcrew :/ ) but a good test. i think the 15 secs lost in pits will be more than covered by improved pace after - i'm changing tyres
will see later what happens, I haven’t done a full race distance so I’m the dark after half distance and I’ve ditched the caddy so only really had lastnight to sort my setup out, pace wise the tyres on my car was still good for 23,s after 20+ laps will just have to make the call on the fly during the race and see what others do depending on their pace compared to mine but your probably right plus low fuel will be 22s on new rubber (y)

Reactions: Slicker

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016
DON'T FORGET GUYS....THE RACE IS NOT WON ON THE 1ST CORNER. Keep it clean for a couple of laps then see whats what. (y)
Great Track but tight and hard to over take. :eek:

Been a pleasure to race with you guys, hope to see some of you in S12. :love:

That is all. :)