PS4 - AOR - GT3 S11 - PS4 TIER 3 - ROUND 3 NURBURGRING COMBINED - 24/10/18 @ 8PM | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR - GT3 S11 - PS4 TIER 3 - ROUND 3 NURBURGRING COMBINED - 24/10/18 @ 8PM

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
Dear AOR staff, after the experience of 11 laps of green hell, can we do this again - like mandatory race every season ️ loved it!
Finishing P5 wasn't expected. I had Major crash at the end of lap 1 (hit the kerb at high speed) which forced me into pits for damage rapair. Then had to pit again at the end of lap 7 I think which worked out right for me as I was up to 7th, thought I was gonna be caught on the last lap by meester but was lucky and I got 5th,well happy & great experience with some great racers
totally agree - love the green hell - more please :love:

Reactions: robsterf1

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016
Dear AOR staff, after the experience of 11 laps of green hell, can we do this again - like mandatory race every season ️ loved it!
Finishing P5 wasn't expected. I had Major crash at the end of lap 1 (hit the kerb at high speed) which forced me into pits for damage rapair. Then had to pit again at the end of lap 7 I think which worked out right for me as I was up to 7th, thought I was gonna be caught on the last lap by meester but was lucky and I got 5th,well happy & great experience with some great racers
Would love to do a team 24hr round here. Last one I done here was on Xbox/Forza many years ago.

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
well, starting last was never going to be easy on this track, but 1st lap was going well - bit of a snarl up in second sector, managed to slide past up to 8th, long straight passed a slow @BrakeCheck101 - 7th - then at the end of the lap couldn't avoid a spinning @robsterf1 so quick dive into the pits for repair, then set about making up some time. @Jarryd Vermeulen setting a good pace at the front, was just about hanging on to his pace, then @FSR_FrankForest took over and i was slowly catching (still about 45 secs back) leaders pitted and i was in 1st, but still had to pit for fuel, came out 4th then @Jannutz dc-ed leaving me with 3rd. best i could have expected really, so pretty happy overall. good recovery from @Chickano to keep the team points coming in.

good stuff :)
just watched first lap again - correction: "long straight passed a slow @AndyBWHG " sorry

BrakeCheck101

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans GTE tier 2 Winner
Apr 19, 2017
Here my (embarrassing) highlights:

Apologies again for my spin in front of everyone on lap 1 - particularly @AndyBWHG.

I made a stupid decision to change my setup just before the race and I paid the price for that.

However, it was good to battle @biba99 and @planettoon, so I've got a few clips of you guys.

Well done again to the top three. Great performance.

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016

Apologies again for my spin in front of everyone on lap 1 - particularly @AndyBWHG.

I made a stupid decision to change my setup just before the race and I paid the price for that.

However, it was good to battle @biba99 and @planettoon, so I've got a few clips of you guys.

You done brill. A long race, but you hung in there.

BrakeCheck101

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans GTE tier 2 Winner
Apr 19, 2017

So... an eagle-eyed viewer has told me that my traction control doesn’t appear to have been on in the race. If you look at the dial from 4.46 onwards (when I had to go back to using footage from my live stream) the TC sensor doesn’t appear to be flashing, which might explain why I was struggling so much with oversteer and general skittish behaviour from the car.

Did anyone else suffer this? Was wondering if it was a lobby glitch or if it was just me?

I didn’t adjust my TC at any time during the race as I never even thought to try and adjust it as I normally don’t touch it, so just wondering if it was my own issue.

Meester_Bond_WHG

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 20, 2018

Hey bud - no worries. Lot of pressure leading from the front so these things happen :).

Reverse grid and TC probs not gonna help either. Better luck next week. Gonna be interesting in the rain :eek:.

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
This is very late but started 13th, followed station for the most part on lap 1 think. I made up a spot maybe 2 before the melee went into the back of matt darvs and got 8 front damage but also made up a place or 2 as a result of the kerfuffle. Stayed out for lap 2 as well , made a move on someone after getting a good run towards flugplatz side by side and through. Good racing whoever that was. Pitted early and from there i didn't see much of anyone really bar the odd person. I made 2 errors in the ace and one cost me about a minute all in with pitstop and driving most of the lap with damage. Completed the race in 4th which was a decent result.

Congrats to @MattDarvs @FSR_FrankForest and @Slicker for the podium spots and all who finished to tame the green hell. Thanks to streamers and commentators too. I've a couple vids to do (3 now ) i'll try get at least 2 up before the bank hols are over . Thanks

Last edited:

PhoenixNightrain

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 8, 2018

Cool video, mate! Great dedication and good racing spirit to hang in there! You nailed it with my annoyance!