PS4 - AOR GT3 S11 - PS4 Tier 3 - Sakitto GP - 14.11.18 @8pm UK | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S11 - PS4 Tier 3 - Sakitto GP - 14.11.18 @8pm UK

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Well, just done about 40 laps with 8 different setups, can't seem to go much quicker.

Lowering wing gets about 3mph more at the end of the straight (hit 170mph just before T1) but I can't get the same pace as with higher downforce.

Quali trim I may get in the high 1:41's, I got a 1:42.1 today so would hope to improve a little by Wednesday!
170!! Wow I’m lucky if I hit 160 lol

chri_s95

Formula Karter
Aug 1, 2018
I did some free trial. For now the best qualifying time was 1.42.9. While my race pace is around 1.44 / 43 with 30l of fuel. I have the Huracan but I seem to struggle a lot, especially in the first sector. For now I do not think I have the chance to fight for the win, but there is still time: so we'll see Wednesday. I would like to focus only on the drive but every default setup pisses me off and I have to keep changing it. I hate doing the set-up, I hate Suzuka / Sakitto.
I hate everything and everyone! (Joking)

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
I did some free trial. For now the best qualifying time was 1.42.9. While my race pace is around 1.44 / 43 with 30l of fuel. I have the Huracan but I seem to struggle a lot, especially in the first sector. For now I do not think I have the chance to fight for the win, but there is still time: so we'll see Wednesday. I would like to focus only on the drive but every default setup pisses me off and I have to keep changing it. I hate doing the set-up, I hate Suzuka / Sakitto.
I hate everything and everyone! (Joking)
I'm just lacking speed in the Renault, amg and lambo are 3/4 tenths quicker In sector 3

Reactions: chri_s95

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
@FSR_FrankForest could we please have some clarification regarding pit entry at this track?
the cones appear to indicate that we should take the chicane on entry but the track map shows a direct entry - the game allows us to go straight in. will we be penalised for taking the direct route and shoving a couple of cones out of the way??

Reactions: PhoenixNightrain

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016
@FSR_FrankForest could we please have some clarification regarding pit entry at this track?
the cones appear to indicate that we should take the chicane on entry but the track map shows a direct entry - the game allows us to go straight in. will we be penalised for taking the direct route and shoving a couple of cones out of the way??
On it

Reactions: Slicker

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016
Will be in the drivers breifing to be posted

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
Will be in the drivers breifing to be posted
is there any chance that the drivers briefing could be posted earlier than tuesday evening, then - last weeks was posted only just before the practice race, so too late to practice pit entry.
also if it is decided to use the chicane, how would that be enforced?

edit: also could i point out that if we have to take the chicane we will be braking hard on the racing line in the last corner, whereas if we take the straight entry, braking is just past the last corner

• Agree

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016

ROUND 6 - Sakitto GP
Driver briefing

For this track we didn't find any potential corner cutting which could not get recognized by the in-game track limit detection. There for all parts of the track the in-game track limits apply.

Pit-Entry
-

Rule change

On-Track Regulations, we changed the rule to make it more readable for everyone. The rule itself has not changed.

2. On-Track Regulations
2.2 Pit stops

● Pit Window - You may not complete your mandatory stop during the formation lap unless you have damage. The pit window opens at the end of the first official race lap, the AOR formation lap is not an official race lap. You may not finish your race in pit lane.
Note: Any pit stop during the formation lap needs the OK from your coordinator.

General Behaviour, two new new rules will be added.

2. General Behaviour
3.3 Race etiquette

● The cool down lap is part of the race event and therefore the same rules are being applied. Crashing into each other is not allowed during the cool down lap or any other particular time during the race event.

● Penalties will be applied to drivers who knowingly take out brake marker boards and other signs that could be used as reference points.

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
practice session tonight around 7:00 - all welcome
will be putting a mandatory stop on to test pit entry :eek:

MattDarvs

PS4 GT3 S9 Semi-AM Champion
Feb 28, 2018
practice session tonight around 7:00 - all welcome
will be putting a mandatory stop on to test pit entry :eek:
Wish I could join mate but I'm out tonight. Looks like my first bit of practice around Sakitto will be tomorrow night.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Will be 7:30, 8 when I get on so will try and catch the end. Made a little progress with the Renault pace and can could manage quite a few 42s with race fuel with a best of 42.4, shame it’s so slow in s3!!

planettoon

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 31, 2018
Made a little progress with the Renault pace and can could manage quite a few 42s with race fuel with a best of 42.4, shame it’s so slow in s3!!
My race pace is similar to that. After the quick practice with @Slicker I needed to work on the setup as the oversteer was mental - and I had to bail out after 6 laps due to child care. Hopefully job done, as I was lapping in the late 41's - 42's with some tweaks offline. Will find out tomorrow when I test online!

IF I string a nice lap together I can get around 1:41.5 for quali, I've done 1:41.8 on 50L and fresh tyres, but can't see me getting that with 90L! I'm dreaming of a sub 1:41 like my potential was stating :ROFLMAO:

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
My race pace is similar to that. After the quick practice with @Slicker I needed to work on the setup as the oversteer was mental - and I had to bail out after 6 laps due to child care. Hopefully job done, as I was lapping in the late 41's - 42's with some tweaks offline. Will find out tomorrow when I test online!

IF I string a nice lap together I can get around 1:41.5 for quali, I've done 1:41.8 on 50L and fresh tyres, but can't see me getting that with 90L! I'm dreaming of a sub 1:41 like my potential was stating :ROFLMAO:
Killed my setup so gotta start again 2moro, my times are all over the place now and been chasing it with the setup, should have just left it but I can’t help myself sometimes :ROFLMAO:, small chance I might have to miss the race also so I might be wasting my time practicing :confused:

chri_s95

Formula Karter
Aug 1, 2018

Wow, what a pace...
My best quali time lap was 1'42.4xx and my potential was about 1.41.8xx (15l of fuel). I need a better setup and more and more timeee

Reactions: planettoon