PS4 - AOR GT3 S11 - PS4 Tier 3 - Spa-Francorchamps - 28.11.18 @8pm UK | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S11 - PS4 Tier 3 - Spa-Francorchamps - 28.11.18 @8pm UK

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016

ROUND 8 - Spa-Francorchamps

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday November 28th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: No qualifying. Starting order is reversed championship standings.
- Race: 39 laps (38 race laps + 1 AOR formation lap)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit Weather Center.

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Race start time: 9 September 2018 - 14:00 (PM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed No Shows:
@RacingAtHome
@Stew G
@Jannutz

Uninformed No Shows:
@chri_s95

Last edited:

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016

Welcome to the legendary, Spa-Francorchamps!

Designed in 1920, this track has seen all forms of racing imaginable. A favourite for many, we are sure we'll see excellent battling out of Eau Rouge and down the Kemmel Straight especially. Plus, this race is of course the second 90 minute race of season - meaning the championship leaders will have to navigate the field.

No fear on the weather front as, with a 99.9% accuracy, we can predict a dry race; beginning heavy cloud before a transition to overcast.

Good luck everyone!

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
one of my all-time favourite tracks - quick test last night produced high 21s/low22s - starting last again, hoping for another great race, maybe a podium :unsure:

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
one of my all-time favourite tracks - quick test last night produced high 21s/low22s - starting last again, hoping for another great race, maybe a podium :unsure:
Same mate and it's a great track(y) you myself and @biba99 already have a lot of track time at spa from endurance so it should be a good race

planettoon

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 31, 2018
Hoping my Merc's power will help me get through the traffic! Looking forward to this race

MattDarvs

PS4 GT3 S9 Semi-AM Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Irrelevant of the result I'm really looking forward to this week. Shame there's no quali as chucking the car around here on the limit (aka my limit) is probably my favourite of all the tracks. I'm pretty sure the Ginetta will struggle compared to other cars but nevertheless this week will be a cracker!!!!

I'll be online practising tomorrow eve and saturday afternoon if anyone fancies it, i'll be pinging out as many invites as possible so if you're on my friends list which i think most are then you'll get an invite whether you're online or not. Apologies in advance if the invites become somewhat annoying but to stop them come join in!

Also, I've watched a couple of streams from a very wet Oulton Park and I won't mention names as you know who you are but some real high quality, patient driving was displayed (not by me) so congrats to all that managed to complete yesterdays race with 1 or even no spins, great work!

biba99

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T2 GTE Champion
Mar 17, 2018
Same mate and it's a great track(y) you myself and @biba99 already have a lot of track time at spa from endurance so it should be a good race
Yes, I hope my pace is better than in the most races in this season... Did a few laps on half tank, high 2:20 low 2:21, have to do some work... Never thought i would say that as an Audi fan boy, but I miss my Bimmer :)

PhoenixNightrain

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 8, 2018
Sad to inform you that I can't attend this race which would have meant a lot to me. I have my company's X-mas event on that evening and will get high not on speed but on booze and hopefully some good food. Ejoy guys and give my starting position to a reserve driver for this race, if the rules allow it.

Good luck all!

Reactions: Chickano

Meester_Bond_WHG

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 20, 2018
Two hours practice and I'm finally starting to get somewhere. Fastest lap yesterday was a mid 2.28 on default stable!!?? Seriously worrying when others are reporting 21's and 22's.

After 90 mins tonight playing with setup, best lap was a 22.4 on a full tank :). Hopefully more to come as the car's still a handful at Les Combes. There's a few things I haven't touched yet so fingers crossed I might actually be reasonably competitive. Never been very good at Spa though so a midfield finish will feel like a victory.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Two hours practice and I'm finally starting to get somewhere. Fastest lap yesterday was a mid 2.28 on default stable!!?? Seriously worrying when others are reporting 21's and 22's.

After 90 mins tonight playing with setup, best lap was a 22.4 on a full tank :). Hopefully more to come as the car's still a handful at Les Combes. There's a few things I haven't touched yet so fingers crossed I might actually be reasonably competitive. Never been very good at Spa though so a midfield finish will feel like a victory.
Well I had my first outing in the 488 since s9 foolishly I had deleted every setup I had ever made for the car when I had to make some room a while ago so started with a blank canvas, took my awhile to get the car feeling how I like it and it didn’t feel as planted as I can remember but that’s probably because I haven’t driven it for so long!! Time wise i got it down to the 20s/ 21s on a full tank atm but the times are a little erratic atm and I’ve got some rear stability issues that I can’t seem to get rid of, tried the Renault and Audi and didn’t have any issues so can’t figure out what the issue is.

Meester_Bond_WHG

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 20, 2018
Well I had my first outing in the 488 since s9 foolishly I had deleted every setup I had ever made for the car when I had to make some room a while ago so started with a blank canvas, took my awhile to get the car feeling how I like it and it didn’t feel as planted as I can remember but that’s probably because I haven’t driven it for so long!! Time wise i got it down to the 20s/ 21s on a full tank atm but the times are a little erratic atm and I’ve got some rear stability issues that I can’t seem to get rid of, tried the Renault and Audi and didn’t have any issues so can’t figure out what the issue is.
Amazing speed given the circumstances. Looks as if it's gonna be very close at the front.

By the way, are we allowed to use the Ferrari again now? Would've gone with that at the beginning of the seasson if it hadn't been banned. Love the 488 :love:.

Meester_Bond_WHG

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 20, 2018
Doh! Just read the main thread. That explains it then ;).

planettoon

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 31, 2018
Had my first run today with default setup - mid 22 was as good as it got for me. Is anyone else struggling with the hard tyres?

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Had my first run today with default setup - mid 22 was as good as it got for me. Is anyone else struggling with the hard tyres?
The conditions are similar to the endurance race I did hear a few weeks ago, struggled to keep heat in the hards, decided to change to soft and they had limited grip after 10 laps! We use Normal tyre wear and this is what I had left after 1 hour on the softs
A4B80E44-4204-4709-A6F4-EC64E3C8A19F.jpeg

Reactions: BrakeCheck101

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
Similar experience from me, spent a couple hours trying to find a set up that stuck at the rear. Better now doing 2.22s and 2.21s on a full tank. Decisions to make with the tyres also

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Similar experience from me, spent a couple hours trying to find a set up that stuck at the rear. Better now doing 2.22s and 2.21s on a full tank. Decisions to make with the tyres also
Don’t know if you driven with no life left in a tyre on pc2 but it’s not a very nice experience will probably just use the hards and slide the car ken block style to keep the heat in them :cool::ROFLMAO: