PS4 - AOR GT3 S11 - PS4 Tier 3 - Texas Road - 05.12.18 @8pm UK | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S11 - PS4 Tier 3 - Texas Road - 05.12.18 @8pm UK

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016

ROUND 9 - Texas Road

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday December 5th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Race: 47 laps (46 race laps + 1 AOR formation lap)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit Weather Center.

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 14 October 2018 - 01:00 (AM)
- Race start time: 14 October 2018 - 03:00 (AM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed No Shows:

Uninformed No Shows:
@chri_s95
@itsPT

BrakeCheck101

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans GTE tier 2 Winner
Apr 19, 2017
While it is my intention to race on Wednesday, there is a slight chance I may miss out. I'm away with work Mon - Wed next week and I'm not due back in Scotland until about 5.30-6.30pm. There's obviously a slight risk I could get caught out by my flight being delayed, but hopefully it all runs smoothly.

I'll try and jump on here beforehand to let you know if there are any delays.

• Informative
Reactions: PRG_FrankForest

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Had a quick go on tt and did a 1:15.7 , don’t really like this Track

biba99

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T2 GTE Champion
Mar 17, 2018
Mid 1:16
never did a race on this track before. Do not like it at all :)

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Mid 1:16
never did a race on this track before. Do not like it at all :)
Got down to low 16s with race fuel for a first session!! personally I think 16s will be about the race pace for are tier at Texas

Meester_Bond_WHG

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 20, 2018
Chicane in the middle is causing no end of trouble. Spins me out at least every 4 or 5 laps. Managed a high 16 this morning on full race fuel. Much work to do.

Jarryd Vermeulen

AOR PS4 Touring Car T1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
Chicane in the middle is causing no end of trouble. Spins me out at least every 4 or 5 laps. Managed a high 16 this morning on full race fuel. Much work to do.
Don't feel to bad about that pace im only in mid 15s after today with best lap of 15.5 :ROFLMAO:

biba99

Mar 17, 2018
Only in the chicane? I have those problems in T1 and in the right turn after the chicane :cry:

Meester_Bond_WHG

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 20, 2018
Only in the chicane? I have those problems in T1 and in the right turn after the chicane :cry:
The Lambo feels planted everywhere else, but so much as touching the curbs under acceleration through the chicane gives instant snap oversteer. Got a couple of ideas to sort it but if it doesn't work it's gonna be another frustrating night.

Meester_Bond_WHG

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 20, 2018
Just tried lowering rear wing from 3 and got exactly same problem you've got - spun out everywhere. Increased rear wing to 5 and it disappeared and can now push straight through the chicane no problem. Worth a try.

BrakeCheck101

Apr 19, 2017
To set your 1:15s and 1:16s, what tyres and fuel loads are you all using?

Meester_Bond_WHG

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 20, 2018
To set your 1:15s and 1:16s, what tyres and fuel loads are you all using?
Best I've managed is 1:16.5. Soft tyres and full race fuel. Softs are lasting 15-20 laps max. Gonna try hards in next session but suspect track temp will be way too low. No idea how people are managing 15's.

BrakeCheck101

Apr 19, 2017
Best I've managed is 1:16.5. Soft tyres and full race fuel. Softs are lasting 15-20 laps max. Gonna try hards in next session but suspect track temp will be way too low. No idea how people are managing 15's.
Phew! That makes me feel slightly better.

Best I’ve managed starting with 46 laps of fuel and hard tyres is a 1:17.840.

That was after about eight laps I think. Before that was solid 1:18s.

Edited to add: Anyone tried racing against AI? Trying to overtake around the outside on the oval section is spin-tastic!

Also, are there any special pit rules we need to be aware of? Doesn't seem to be any obvious sign of when you should turn off the oval to pit - just seems to be whenever you want. Should we flash our lights like we did at Sakitto to indicate we're coming in? Could be a bit dangerous for anyone right behind you, that's all.

Jarryd Vermeulen

AOR PS4 Touring Car T1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
Good pace bro. Gonna have another go tonight see if I can dial out the skittishness. Out of interest, what set up are you using?
Right now it's somewhere in the middle of loose and stable. But not that great. Another 6 to 9 tenths to be found in setup and getting use to the track.

Reactions: Chickano

biba99

Mar 17, 2018
Just tried lowering rear wing from 3 and got exactly same problem you've got - spun out everywhere. Increased rear wing to 5 and it disappeared and can now push straight through the chicane no problem. Worth a try.
Will give it a try, thanks

Reactions: Meester_Bond_WHG