PS4 - AOR GT3 S11 - PS4 Tier 3 - Texas Road - 05.12.18 @8pm UK | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S11 - PS4 Tier 3 - Texas Road - 05.12.18 @8pm UK

NICK-NITRO

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Using a pad is not that big deal :)
Not used 1 for 10 years on a racing game mate :( if I’ve killed it I would have to not race and probably pull
Out of the endurance league :cry:

de-thomas

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jan 20, 2017
Q: P5
Did a 1.15.701 on my first run but left a few tenths here and there, so saw potential for a front row. Unfortunately finish my second run because of a few cars pointing the wrong way in the chicane :p Saw some headlights but hoped they were off the track, but no so t-boned whoever it was :ROFLMAO:

Race: P3
What a race from my perspective at least. Was pretty confident on beforehand but most of that was gone after I spun on lap 5/6 or so. Spun into the infield after the chicane and almost rejoined one corner later :ROFLMAO:. Only fair solution I saw is let the whole field through so rejoined in P11 I think it was. After another mistake I was down to 13th and close to throwing my PS4 out the window :p
Kept the head down though and just started putting in consistent laps. Not as fast as in practice but was taking a bit less risk I think.
Pitted after 21 laps for a seconds set of softs and kept doing decent times and eventually climed my way back to the podium :)

Happy and relieved a little bit after a string of bad results, hopefully can carry this to next season :p

de-thomas

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jan 20, 2017
That’s was a complete nightmare! My wheel had a spaz on my First flyer on the oval, guy behind would have had a good view of my car just shooting across the track for no reason!! My ffb was all strange after that for quail and struggled to get a good lap down and was 5tenths of what I had been doing.
Unplugged my wheel before the race to see if it would sort the issue but it was still playing up in the race, loads of clipping and it seemed to have a dead zone when turning right :( Couldn’t push into the turns and had to fight it on the straights (n) bit of a waste of a night for testing as I don’t get anything out of it :( my only highlight of the night was the massive save I did going into t1!! @de-thomas think you had the best view :ROFLMAO: my arms where In knots after that.
Big congrats to @Slicker (y)(y) well deserved champ!! And well done to he other guys on the podium and everyone else who raced 2night
Oh yeah actually touched you when I went down the inside :oops: **** myself a little but got away without damage haha

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2018
q 10
R dunno.

That was an absolutely great race for most of it. Was having a fantastic battle with @Slicker for the vast majority of the race, with @Matthew010383 joining in for a while. Racing was really hard and fair throughout no quarter given and elbows out at times. Last half of the race we were fighting for 3rd but a backmarker dropped it in front of us and once again i had nowhere to go and hit him, then got hit from behind. Car was thrashed so had to pit for repairs straight away and came out 10th i think. Nick nitro retired his Ferrari and someone else pitted so think i ended up 8th. Shame as was fantastic racing all evening. Didn't make a jot of difference in the championship at least, but podium would have been nice and to get one over on the teammate.

On the plus side I think my pedals are fixed now (touch wood).

Congratulations to Slicker on the championship, great consistency all season so well deserved. Hopefully we're in the same tier next time out so the fight can recommence.

Well done to @Jannutz on the win and the other guys on the podium. Thanks @FSR_FrankForest for hosting. On to the next

Last edited:

Jannutz

Formula Karter
Sep 8, 2018
Q: Been giving that ol' Merc the spurs

R: Happy to get the second W to my name. Was a big advantage to lead the pack onto the first flying lap. Especially with the cooled off tyres. Luckily my softs heated up quite quickly again. Managed to keep a steady pace and build a lead. Pitted in about lap 25 for fresh rubber. Saw myself in 4th place and then saw @biba99 getting lost in the infield but he managed to come back just infront of me. Then had a sketchy moment when - I believe it was @MattDarvs ? spun in the last corner before coming back onto the oval. Managed to squieeze by infront of him. Thanks for waiting before you turned your car around!

Looked at the ranks and saw my teammate secure 2nd place with a steady, consistent drive. Valuable points won. Now we are on second place in team-championship, mate! Black Falcon Mercs were flying today.

Also congrats on your comeback @de-thomas

Good job all re blue flags. Professional approach!

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2018
Good job all re blue flags. Professional approach!
Certainly wasn't my experience, and I'm not just talking about getting caught in someone elses incident. Some people were good, that's true for sure and fair play to them, others not so. One guy was in a pack of cars for a number of laps early on with people tripping over him causing all sorts of issues. Oulton Park another most recent case in point where someone decided to race the people fighting over 1st and 2nd for the last 5 laps of the race. In the rain! No one likes being a lap down but that's how it goes sometimes for all of us , unfortunately

planettoon

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 31, 2018
Quali:
1544086817793.png

Considering I didn't get any practice until yesterday evening, I was hoping I could steel Jannutz's setup - which he kindly gave me. That was my fastest lap of the night, I was 0.5 up in sector 1 on another flying lap but the tyres didn't hold out for the entire lap and I ended up slower!

Race:
P2! First podium of the season although I've been knocking on the door in a few races.

Lap 1, @Stew G spun which gave me P2. I had to keep @NICK-NITRO behind for a few laps with some defensive driving, then @MattDarvs took 2nd place briefly before spinning at T1 and then I had a fairly straight forward race. The gap to 3rd never really dropped below 5 seconds and I ran to lap 23 on softs. I had the first experience of FFB vibrations with the tyre deg, and I had to ease right off with the last few laps as tyre deg seemed worse than the first stint!

Horrible track, don't fancy racing that anytime soon again :D

Slicker

AOR PS4 GT3 S10 T5 Champion
May 9, 2018
my stream from last night:-

great race with @Chickano until incident with back-marker. very pleased with result and title - thanks for some great racing this season.

just a note - have to agree with chick about some back-markers - at one point i was trying to flash a back-marker to get out of the way, accidentally pressing the pit-limiter instead of the lights (doh!!) wondered why i was slowing down and the lights weren't flashing - cost me two places - my fault, but shouldn't have had to be flashing if he got out of the way as there was clearly a battle going on. laguna is another tight track - hope we can do better there.

Slicker

May 9, 2018
Quali:
View attachment 66910

Considering I didn't get any practice until yesterday evening, I was hoping I could steel Jannutz's setup - which he kindly gave me. That was my fastest lap of the night, I was 0.5 up in sector 1 on another flying lap but the tyres didn't hold out for the entire lap and I ended up slower!

Race:
P2! First podium of the season although I've been knocking on the door in a few races.

Lap 1, @Stew G spun which gave me P2. I had to keep @NICK-NITRO behind for a few laps with some defensive driving, then @MattDarvs took 2nd place briefly before spinning at T1 and then I had a fairly straight forward race. The gap to 3rd never really dropped below 5 seconds and I ran to lap 23 on softs. I had the first experience of FFB vibrations with the tyre deg, and I had to ease right off with the last few laps as tyre deg seemed worse than the first stint!

Horrible track, don't fancy racing that anytime soon again :D

not a great track to drive - but always gives good racing

BrakeCheck101

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans GTE tier 2 Winner
Apr 19, 2017
Hope these backmarker problems weren’t caused by me. I hadn’t been lapped before up until this race, but I think I got out of the way when appropriate. Please let me know if not.

Slicker

May 9, 2018
Hope these backmarker problems weren’t caused by me. I hadn’t been lapped before up until this race, but I think I got out of the way when appropriate. Please let me know if not.
no, mate - you were fine :)

Meester_Bond_WHG

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jul 20, 2018
Q. 12th

Got a banker lap in but screwed up my next two laps spinning at the chicane having cooked my rear tyres. Sorry @de-thomas, that was me you crashed into. Did my best to get out the way but to no avail. All in all, very disappointing.

R. 5th

Started well. 12th to 7th by lap 6. Got by @robsterf1 into 6th as we approached the final left hairpin then headed down the oval towards the start finish. Thought I was clear so took the inside line only to find Robster in my blind-spot. Ended up sliding sideways and losing 3 places. Thought the other car had escaped so continued on (discovered after watching the replay that Rob pulled into the pits immediately). Sincere apologies bud, had a quick check with a flick of the 'look-left' button before I pulled over but didn't see anything :sick:.

Dropped back to ninth then cooked my rears again catching and trying to pass 8th place. Spun two laps in row at the chicane and ended up pitting around lap 18.

Stopped in the wrong pit box (again) before finding my actual pit box and donning new softs. Pretty much tearing my hair out at this point but tried to get my head down and keep clean. Strung together a decent run of 20 laps steadily hunting down @Slicker and @de-thomas. With two laps to go was ready to overtake Slicker but had zero tread left and was bottoming out everywhere. Got into Slicker's slipstream and the front end slid out sending me sideways on the oval section. Game over and had to settle for fifth. Not bad thougg, given the early nightmares. Oh and got my first ever fastest lap. Not all bad then.

de-thomas

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jan 20, 2017
Q. 12th

Got a banker lap in but screwed up my next two laps spinning at the chicane having cooked my rear tyres. Sorry @de-thomas, that was me you crashed into. Did my best to get out the way but to no avail. All in all, very disappointing.

R. 5th

Started well. 12th to 7th by lap 6. Got by @robsterf1 into 6th as we approached the final left hairpin then headed down the oval towards the start finish. Thought I was clear so took the inside line only to find Robster in my blind-spot. Ended up sliding sideways and losing 3 places. Thought the other car had escaped so continued on (discovered after watching the replay that Rob pulled into the pits immediately). Sincere apologies bud, had a quick check with a flick of the 'look-left' button before I pulled over but didn't see anything :sick:.

Dropped back to ninth then cooked my rears again catching and trying to pass 8th place. Spun two laps in row at the chicane and ended up pitting around lap 18.

Stopped in the wrong pit box (again) before finding my actual pit box and donning new softs. Pretty much tearing my hair out at this point but tried to get my head down and keep clean. Strung together a decent run of 20 laps steadily hunting down @Slicker and @de-thomas. With two laps to go was ready to overtake Slicker but had zero tread left and was bottoming out everywhere. Got into Slicker's slipstream and the front end slid out sending me sideways on the oval section. Game over and had to settle for fifth. Not bad thougg, given the early nightmares. Oh and got my first ever fastest lap. Not all bad then.
No worries of course I assume you weren't chilling there for fun :p I thought just floor it and see if I get through as I couldn't see wether you were on the track or not.

Jannutz

Formula Karter
Sep 8, 2018
Q. 12th

R. 5th

1.Dude, u could find your pit easily by turning on the highlight-pit option.

2. try driving with the position-markers on. Like this u know when you have a car next to you. Spotter also helps. You‘ll find it in the options.

3. congrats to your fastest lap

Meester_Bond_WHG

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jul 20, 2018
1.Dude, u could find your pit easily by turning on the highlight-pit option.

2. try driving with the position-markers on. Like this u know when you have a car next to you. Spotter also helps. You‘ll find it in the options.

3. congrats to your fastest lap
Good tip re the pitstops - wasn't aware of it. As for the proximity markers, I've got that switched in but just didn't notice. Thinking I was well clear I just had a quick look left and only realised when I started sliding. Apologies again and a lesson well learnt :(.