Apr 28, 2017

ROUND 1 - Algarve
Event Information:

Date: Wednesday October 10th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Race: 35 laps (34 race laps + 1 AOR formation lap)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the weather centre

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 18 March 2018 - 11:00 (AM)
- Race start time: 18 March 2018 - 14:00 (PM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed No Shows:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lorentzen_94

GaryWasHere65

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Apr 28, 2017
I dont have the full weather post as yet but the weather will be.....

Light cloud -> Medium cloud

Reactions: Ron

GaryWasHere65

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Apr 28, 2017
Round 1 Algarve
Driver briefing

Potential corner cutting which could be not get recognized by the in-game track limit detection and may not be abused:
  • Turn 4
  • Turn 14
On all other parts of the track the in-game track limits apply.

Turn 4

This is ok:

This is not ok:

Turn 14

This is ok:

This is not ok:

Wesselll

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 30, 2017
Hello everyone,
I'm currently doing 43s in quali and 44s/45s in the race. Whats everyones elses pace looking like?

Reactions: GaryWasHere65

King Chip x

GP2 Reserve Driver
Apr 17, 2017
Sorry guys, mad late, I've only just got in and didn't realise the season started before I got the notification to chose my car..... Not racing today, there there for round 2 - good luck all

Ron

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 29, 2018
I had a decent quali,p5. But at start my ffb was gone. After reeset carfelt like i was driving on wets, spung like 8 times. And about 6 sec of my pace. Not a good start of season. Good racing from all of u.

Reactions: Wesselll

JocSei73

Formula Karter
Sep 2, 2017
The drivers and the race were fantastic, the first corner without a crash. Perfect!. It seams, I were the only driver who didn´t change tires but lost grip and a second the last ten rounds. Till my stop in round 17 or 18 I had a great fight with BRG Phill, but wasn´t able to overtake him, because on the straights he was a little bit faster… After his tires got weak, I decided to come in the box for an undercut. My tires were not so bad, and because of that I decided not to change… . This was the risk but right decision to win the race… The last rounds OTL Milo in his Audi was extreme fast and I was a little scared that he crashed into my car… I look forward to the next race with you guys...

Royall92

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 22, 2018
The drivers and the race were fantastic, the first corner without a crash. Perfect!. It seams, I were the only driver who didn´t change tires but lost grip and a second the last ten rounds. Till my stop in round 17 or 18 I had a great fight with BRG Phill, but wasn´t able to overtake him, because on the straights he was a little bit faster… After his tires got weak, I decided to come in the box for an undercut. My tires were not so bad, and because of that I decided not to change… . This was the risk but right decision to win the race… The last rounds OTL Milo in his Audi was extreme fast and I was a little scared that he crashed into my car… I look forward to the next race with you guys...
I missed that rolling start... I had Ron far behind me (who qualified in front) and was cautious of what was happening, as I didn't want to get DQ for starting in the wrong position, but found out he had issues at the start. So started the race 100m behind the group :rolleyes:

I didn't change my tyres, but that was a mistake with the pit strategy. The tyres held up better than I expected to be fair, towards the end I was managing the tyres well but could feel them going off. I had a good battle with Dutchman in the last couple of laps, which he overtook me, but due to the tyres, I couldn't fight back as hard as I wanted. It will be interesting to see what Silverstone is like with that being a much faster track and potentially harder on the tyres.

GaryWasHere65

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Apr 28, 2017
Good racing guys and well done to all who made it to the line, i got hit on the formation lap and got rear aero damage, was unsure of rear grip at start to let most of you thro and just tried to keep it on the track as car felt poor at rear. After pit got some performance back and was able to push on a little more. My aim was to be mid pack so happy with result on a difficult track for Nissan, silverstone will suit it a lot better....i hope.....

o Coxon o

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 17, 2016
Did anybody else's car feel completely different in the race compared to usual?

GaryWasHere65

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Apr 28, 2017
@o Coxon o some guys did appear to have issues, i had bad wheel shake thro out the race, i believe its still the old known issue with running with 12 cars that causes some racers to have issues.

King Chip x

GP2 Reserve Driver
Apr 17, 2017
So these new "pit" strategies, are they that major? From what in reading around, the stops are quicker if you fix aero and nothing else? Also the tyre wear has changed? So I couldn't run softs to the end of one race?

o Coxon o

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 17, 2016
@GaryWasHere65 yeah I've been getting bad wheel shake recently aswell I noticed it in the Indy cars but I thought that was due to tyre wear towards the end of the stint, but I had the same after 5 laps on hard tyres :unsure:

Reactions: Wesselll

GaryWasHere65

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Apr 28, 2017
@King Chip x yea read about that but how do you get slight aero damage on purpose, tyres depend on car setup as to how agressive you go with cambers etc. Run softs you will need to fit a new set, run hards and you could do full distance but possibly at a slightly reduced pace. The idea is to make it more interesting with different strats and seems to work.