PC - AOR GT3 S12 - PC Evaluation Race 1 23.01.19 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S12 - PC Evaluation Race 1 23.01.19

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 14, 2019
I've got the UDP freq at 1, and then the PC2 selected either way for CrewChief. Works fine, but obviously dont want it upsetting any screen freezes!

VoodooChild

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
my advice is to have it off in any race session.
if you need it for telemetry apps (like pc2tuner) that use UDP data, be sure to use them in offline or online practice sessions, but disable UDP before a race.
unless you got a powerful router/firewall, it can bog down your home network.

NynS

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 23, 2019
Enjoyed the race last night. First race on PC after moving from PS4. Even though I checked settings I had no spotter or proximity arrows. Apologies for a bit of contact @NynS. You caught me out on braking a couple of times...thanks for taking the time to arrange @Shooter80
Not a problem, your bump was the least of my worries. I just got sent a little bit forward is all. I noticed my line in that corner is slightly different than most, I'm done braking and then I start to turn in the hairpin, so I can throttle fairly quickly for a good exit. Maybe that's why I got T-boned twice :D. I enjoyed my battle with you, we more or less have the same speed.

Nah, my worst accident was Alexander passing me on the right in the run-up to the hairpin, then he steered left as if I was not there. Hence my "what the hell" midrace. Maybe he did think he was fully past me. That's why we have Crewchief... :).

Speaking of: sorry @KeNiTo for spinning out in lap 2 and taking you with me. My tyres were cold from the manual rolling start and I had less grip than I anticipated, I was drifting through that corner.

Reactions: boofon

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 14, 2019
my advice is to have it off in any race session.
if you need it for telemetry apps (like pc2tuner) that use UDP data, be sure to use them in offline or online practice sessions, but disable UDP before a race.
unless you got a powerful router/firewall, it can bog down your home network.
Don’t we need udp for crew chief?

Shooter80

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Don’t we need udp for crew chief?
You should be able to run Crew Chief locally on the PC just using 'Shared memory' (which has no performance penalties).

GromozekA

Pro Karter
Jan 8, 2019
Hi, @Shooter80, the link for discord has expired and I wasn't able to get in on time for the race on 24th. Can you post again, so I could try Monday? I'll try to get a day off.
Never mind. Thanks for the response over Steam chat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shooter80

Mearcat

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 9, 2018
Maybe that's why I got T-boned twice
If you were the blue SLS thing then sorry,
My T bone was nothing to do with your line, I had a lock on the brakes and the car wouldn't slow even though I had broke early being on the inside for an overtake.
Not pleasant when your suddenly faced with a big slab of car and there is nothing else you can do except go "Oh Sh..." and apologise after.

One of the best (but most difficult) lines through the hairpin is to turn later and sharper as it extends the amount of exit straight resulting in higher speeds if done correctly.

I thoroughly enjoyed the race with some awesome close racing, best I have ever had yet, but had to retire on Lap 15 due to a faulty link cable which almost fried the wheel rim. It's fixed and I'm ready to do another. If the season is going to be like the evals its going to be fun.
Looking forward to gaining some more insight from the experienced ones of how to set the GT3s up better.

• Winner
Reactions: NynS

NynS

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 23, 2019
If you were the blue SLS thing then sorry,
My T bone was nothing to do with your line, I had a lock on the brakes and the car wouldn't slow even though I had broke early being on the inside for an overtake.
Not pleasant when your suddenly faced with a big slab of car and there is nothing else you can do except go "Oh Sh..." and apologise after.

One of the best (but most difficult) lines through the hairpin is to turn later and sharper as it extends the amount of exit straight resulting in higher speeds if done correctly.

I thoroughly enjoyed the race with some awesome close racing, best I have ever had yet, but had to retire on Lap 15 due to a faulty link cable which almost fried the wheel rim. It's fixed and I'm ready to do another. If the season is going to be like the evals its going to be fun.
Looking forward to gaining some more insight from the experienced ones of how to set the GT3s up better.
Yep, I was the blue/grey AMG :D I didn't mind that hit (iirc I didn't lose more than 3 seconds and only two spots), especially considering you instantly apologised. Later in the race the same thing happened, it's just a crap corner when there are multiple battles around you. I nearly hit someone as well, a few hairs in between. No hard feelings at all :D I enjoyed my battles with you. It's fair racing.

Reactions: Mearcat