PC - AOR GT3 S12 - PC Tier 1 - Round 6: Nürburgring GP - 13.03.19 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S12 - PC Tier 1 - Round 6: Nürburgring GP - 13.03.19 @8PM UK Time

dakuza

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Feb 8, 2018

ROUND 6 - Nürburgring GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday March 13th 2019
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
Qualifying: 10 minutes​
Race: 31 laps (1 formation lap + 30 race laps)​
● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Center

● In-game time-of-day information:
Date: 14/07/19​
Qualifying time: 13:00 (PM)​
Race start time: 14:00 (PM)​
Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:

Last edited:

Daniel Nesterowicz

AOR PC GT3 Pro S8 Champion
Nov 21, 2015
Not expecting anything from this track.... this, RB ring +Zolder.. really never liked them ;)
On the positive side, i think the server/ host @dakuza was really nice/ good last week, so i hope you will host again this week? :)

Murph

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 8, 2018
Strong possibility I'll be having to miss this one due to work commitments... All depends how long my company's training day lasts as we have a new range of products launching shortly and if get back home in time... @dakuza

dakuza

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Feb 8, 2018
Driver briefing was posted yesterday. We have a wet race so cut detection in game is not good enough. See rules from the briefing.

Round 6 - Nürburgring GP
Driver briefing
Due to the wet conditions, the in-game cut detection is not considered to be reliable enough to fairly enforce the track limits rules (below). Drivers are expected to adhere to the rules as written:

1.4 Corner cutting/track extending

Stay within the track boundaries with at least two tyres at all times. The track boundaries are defined by the white lines, not by the edge of the kerbs.
However, we acknowledge that the racing line at times extends across kerbs or astroturf. A driver briefing will be added to each round, informing of any deviations from the "white line rule."
Cutting corners, or extending the track, to gain an advantage is not allowed. Drivers found to be persistently breaking this rule will be penalised retrospectively.

If you overtake another driver with all four wheels off track, or as a consequence of cutting a corner, you must slow down and give the position back.

The odd misjudgement of a corner can happen, but if you accidentally gain an advantage by going outside the track limits, you are expected to back off to an extent that clearly negates any advantage gained. Failing to do this puts you at the risk of being penalised in game, however if it fails to penalise you, an enquiry can be opened for the stewards to review.

If a driver is reported to the stewards for a breach of this rule, it is up to the stewards' discretion as to whether they feel the driver has abused the track limits to an extent where a penalty is justified, and if so what type of penalty is appropriate to be handed out. This will depend on the severity and frequency of the cuts. The bottom line is, if you want to make sure you are not in danger of being awarded a stewards penalty, make sure you don't gain time from leaving the track limits throughout qualifying and the race.

If track limits are exceeded, you need to very clearly demonstrate that you have lost any time gained by lifting completely off throttle for the amount of time you were outside the white lines. This makes it easier to distinguish that an attempt was made to negate any advantage, in any replays or footage provided to the stewards after the race. The in-game system is pretty accurate, however if you are found to still be exceeding track limits regularly, even when coming off throttle to give up any advantage, or not lifting off throttle for long enough, you can still be penalised after the race.

dakuza

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Feb 8, 2018
Not expecting anything from this track.... this, RB ring +Zolder.. really never liked them ;)
On the positive side, i think the server/ host @dakuza was really nice/ good last week, so i hope you will host again this week? :)
Yeah I’m hosting again today. Heard no complaints last race so it’s a pretty safe option. I’m in VR but not streaming. My massive fan base of 3 followers has to live without live broadcast. :oops:

SLS seems to hate the track so I’m not expecting much here.

Murph

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 8, 2018
To follow up on my previous comment, can confirm i'm missing this one :( ... see you at Zolder folks!

TheRipper

AOR PC GT3 S10 T3 Champion
May 27, 2018
well .. im a single screen driver again because of fckn driver problems or something like that >.< .... so maybe im a danger for everyone cause i cannot drive and see properly with a single monitor anymore lol XD ... i'll try my best

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: dakuza

Adalexis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 3, 2018
Too bad, seems ffb of my T300 is dead. Really dead. Tried all but nothing. Died today in a pratice session. I'll try now to uninstall install driver but if u don't see me in the lobby, you know why. :cry:

• Scared
Reactions: dakuza

dakuza

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Feb 8, 2018
Race had to be aborted because of Steam issues. 3 server restarts and then a mass disconnect on lap 10.

Race will be run week after round 10, Wednesday 17.4.

Edit: Fixed the re-run date.

Last edited:

Jardier

3-time AOR PC GT3 T1 Champion
Premium Member
Feb 3, 2018
Race had to be aborted because of Steam issues. 3 server restarts and then a mass disconnect on lap 10.

Race will be run week after round 10, Wednesday 14.4.
Guys ITS OBVIOUS GAME problem with communication somewhere with steam or something... 5 Tiers on various platforms on every wednesday and every time this... I never ever get disconnected from any other STEAM game never. It never happens when we do practice races or anything.
Would be great if developers would at least take a look on what is the problem here because its really looking bad for AOR and for PCARS:(

Dirtryblood

AOR PC GT3 S12 T3 Champion
Jan 23, 2019
Maybe a server maintenance could solve this? From what I have seen last patch was in august of 2018 so that was last possible time they did it.

Mr. Van Ommen

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 4, 2018
@dakuza Just a suggestion: Can we not just shove the whole calendar by a week?

Basically some of us have to do SMS-R next thursday, and by doing this race (Nurnburg) on Wednesday we barely have to practice.
Then again, it would save a lot of people time if we do this race next week, as in a week or 5 we all have to practice this to a decent extend again.

Also it might be a good test for running out of sync with the other tiers in terms of disconnections etc..

@dalking38 @operator @Adalexis @Villalobos and whoever also has that commitment next thursday.

dalking38

AOR PC GT3 S12 T1 Champion
Mar 21, 2018
Well I think this becoming more of a joke know sumthink needs to be done I have just lost all motviation

Basically some of us have to do SMS-R next thursday, and by doing this race on Wednesday we barely have to practice.
Then again, it would save a lot of people time if we do this race next week, as in a week or 5 we all have to practice this to a decent extend again.

@dalking38 @operator @Adalexis @Villalobos and whoever also has that commitment next thursday.
Yea I totally agree with you.. plus I think if we race on a different track to other tiers it may take sum stress off the servers and may help with the lag/screen stutters in all tiers.... we need change sumthink because i know we will lose drivers me being one of them everyone knows how much practice we all put esp me lol to have a every race a laggy mess it's pointless so please try to sort a soulotion

Villalobos

Formula Karter
Oct 4, 2017

Basically some of us have to do SMS-R next thursday, and by doing this race (Nurnburg) on Wednesday we barely have to practice.

Also it might be a good test for running out of sync with the other tiers in terms of disconnections etc..

Me too totally agree!

JKay14

AOR PC GT3 S10 T4 Champion
Jun 5, 2018
I think it’s just something we’ve got to put up with. Last night was an extreme example. Does anyone have a deidicated server we could borrow next week? That would be a good test.

Reactions: Daniel Nesterowicz

dakuza

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Feb 8, 2018
Maybe a server maintenance could solve this? From what I have seen last patch was in august of 2018 so that was last possible time they did it.
Do you mean PC2 patch? How can we run maintenance on the server since we are running this as a peer2peer game? Sorry but I am confused.

dakuza

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Feb 8, 2018
Guys ITS OBVIOUS GAME problem with communication somewhere with steam or something... 5 Tiers on various platforms on every wednesday and every time this... I never ever get disconnected from any other STEAM game never. It never happens when we do practice races or anything.
Would be great if developers would at least take a look on what is the problem here because its really looking bad for AOR and for PCARS:(
From the news I saw that there were massive issues with Facebook services yesterday and suspicions about a DoS attack. If there indeed was a large scale DoS then that might explain the issues we had.

The game seems to be too directly linked with Steam to the extend that it suffers from every little Steam hiccup. Nothing we can do about this but yes, it is not making PCARS or AOR look good.

dalking38

Mar 21, 2018
Alright everyone how would you guys fill about starting the race at 9 pm uk time??? We stopped racing at 930pm uk time last night not even half way through the race... it may solve our problems which I'm all for. But if it don't we can return to 8pm the following race. I don't know about you guys but will try any thing at this point to help us!!

dakuza

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Feb 8, 2018
Alright everyone how would you guys fill about starting the race at 9 pm uk time??? We stopped racing at 930pm uk time last night not even half way through the race... it may solve our problems which I'm all for. But if it don't we can return to 8pm the following race. I don't know about you guys but will try any thing at this point to help us!!
I would not be able to race that late. Even 8pm is a bit late for me with the race ending near midnight my time.

dalking38

Mar 21, 2018
Would you not be able to make an exception for one race??? I know it's late but by us trying sumthink different we could find a solution to our lobby/steam dcs and lag