PC - AOR GT3 S12 - PC Tier 2 - Brands Hatch GP - 06.02.19 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S12 - PC Tier 2 - Brands Hatch GP - 06.02.19 @8pm UK time

David Novitzky

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jun 9, 2018
Really bummed out about yesterdays connection fiasco, especially when we had to redo the Quali while sitting P1. Anyway everything went according to the race plan cant say much more. Lets see what Monza brings us.

• Winner
Reactions: /CSR/ speedy.go

AndrexUK

3 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
May 6, 2015
Lot of effort for nothing....
Lag spike put a Lambo on top of me, and destroyed my car.
1.5min repair, and would have came out behind P12 1 lap down...

Can count the number of DNF's I've had since season 1 on 1 hand..
Would have to say I'm now rather close to dropping pCars to be honest.

Last edited:

StormENT

PC GT3 S9 AM Champion
Nov 1, 2017
i was doing relatively ok around 6th place but by the stops the car stall 2 times (with auto clutch on) it was like a 15 sec and than 3-4 laps before the end of the race steam just disconnect me. probably one of my last races in project bug.
@p4thos sorry for the incident but car just spun there not much i can do i was on unusual line because of the incident
and wtf you talking about people are overaggressive when you try to overtake 2 people on the second corner by braking late and taking inside line.
That's 2 races in a row where you've seemingly not realized there is a car next to you in the first couple of corners, Have you tried using a third party spotter like crew chief? I find it invaluable for the starts.

• Informative
Reactions: DoR and p4thos

DoR

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 11, 2018
Wasn't especially liking/ disliking this track and weather combo before the race, but during it felt horrible.

I'd normally give a better account of myself but through illness killing practice opportunities, PC and force feedback issues right before the race (it sounds pathetic but ive had nearly everything go against me in the last couple days) I couldn't get anywhere near my best.

I pretty much dropped like a lead balloon due to lapping about 1 to 2 seconds a lap slower than my practice sessions.

I ended up retiring when I could no longer keep the car on the black stuff and took too much damage to bring it home safe.

To add to it all me and my team mate colliding on turn 1 ruining his race from the off.. :cry: Sorry @Pitti

Well done to everyone that made it to end and to the podium guys. You deserve it!

Reactions: David Novitzky

AndrexUK

May 6, 2015
I hit the brakes exactly on the breaking point and took the actually racing line.
The only issue with this is, that for the first lap or so, ppl are having to brake early so they don't run into the back of the car ahead, who is braking early, so as not to run into the car in front of them, who is braking ear........ repeat for about 25+ cars.

On the first laps, you can't really just use the normal braking point, or you will go into the car ahead.
Even more so if they are going side by side, and going slower than normal to give each other room.

It catches a lot of ppl out, and cause many cases of rear end contacts.
And no one wants aero damage on lap 1... :(

VoodooChild

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
ok, my 2 cents

there are lots of new drivers and all of them are clearly fast enough to deserve to be in Tier 2, but i think they are missing a bit of AOR experience, so please guys carefully follow these advices:

1) Don't show up on race day with little to no practice.
There are AOR practice lobbies or race simulation going on literally for the whole week, you can join them even for a short while and realize what challenges the track conditions will offer to you in the race. Also you'll be able to test your pc performances in the actual race conditions, and be aware if you'll need to lower some details to avoid framedrops.

2) Ask for info on the forum and/or discord. This community is very open and helpful, and you can collect loads of valuable information from people who have the opportunity to practice more than you can.

3) Keep an eye open on Community Events forum, where - usually between sunday and tuesday - you can sign up to social/test races with drivers from all tiers. Offline or even online testing won't prepare you to the race as much as a full simulation, where you'll get a grasp of dirty air troubles and track's grip changes.

4) Always, ALWAYS check that UDP is set to OFF in 3rd party menu

5) I mean it, ALWAYS check it. UDP MUST BE TURNED OFF ON RACEDAY

6) Always hope for the best, but critically expect the worst in first few laps. Your mind will need to be on survival - not attack mode - while the field is still thick. Always look 2-3 cars ahead and be ready to hit the brakes. If my 42 years old reaction times can manage to brake in time in a situation like the smolda/speedy crash, i'm sure younger people can manage too, correct @boofon ?

Last edited:

p4thos

F1 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2018
@AndrexUK

You're right, but we also need to consider the trafic behind. You break too early, you can also cause a incident.

Watch my video. I break perfectly in time, considering my speed, the distance to the cars ahead and the distance to the cars behind.

AndrexUK

May 6, 2015
Sorry, that wasn't meant to come across as accusing you of braking too late, as I think the gap ahead allowed you to brake in the normal braking zone.
It's just that you will be catching up on the cars ahead, and they see a car steaming in towards them. When you then go on the inside line, it makes it look like a dive bomb (again in reality, I don't really think that is the case here).
But as Voodoo say's the first couple of laps should really be a case of not loosing position, but not fully aiming to be gaining positions unless there is a very easy pass to make.
There is lots going on in those laps, and also, different people brake at different places ( for example, I tend to be very early on the brakes compared to almost everyone else).
So it takes a bit of time to settle down and figure out what's going on around you.

It is a case of survival to start with, then look for places where you may be able to pass later on.

People get upset when being taken out in the first couple of laps (and rightly so IMO) there are cases that are unavoidable (someone looses control right ahead of you / etc), but when ppl get hit by someone from behind, it's normally a case of the following car not taking into account what's going on ahead.
And 99 out of 100, it will be the fault of the following driver.

Again, sorry if it came over as any kind of attack on your driving, that is certainly not what was intended! It was more of a 'general advice to all drivers' not purely aimed at you!

Smolda

AOR PC Endurance League S4 GTE Champion
Oct 23, 2017
This was the worst race I've ever had. I wasn't feeling too well to start with, then the lobby restarting, it certainly wasn't the best start to a season. I was surprisingly slow in qualy, even for my standards. After the race started I gained some positions, but then I spun in turn 1 and [CSR] speedy.go just couldn't avoid me, We both ended up with damage, really sorry for that again :-( After repairs I was 15 seconds in front of the leader, but I was making mistakes, loosing the car on brakes. I spun so many times I didn't even count. Still determined to finish the race, I went wide with 5 laps to go, hitting the wall and getting another damage. That was just too much and I retired.
It seems my luck run out with the end of endurace league ... :) But I'm certainly looking forward to the next race!
P.S. - just seen @VoodooChild 's video, I didn't know you, @boofon and @Pitti also crashed because of me, really sorry guys :-(((

Seamas111

AOR PC GT3 S10 T5 Champion
Jun 9, 2018
Sorry to see/hear about all the connection issues etc. From my perspective re-running qually turned out great and managed p4

Got a good start and was into p3 after the first turn where I stayed having a great battle with @dopey401 and then a bit later @Captain Slow. Awesome driving nose to tail with you guys :cool:(y)

Such a hard track to pass at so we stayed in line until Dopey spun after his left rear touched the grass on entry to one of the right handers- unlucky mate.

Pushed on and pitted late coming out just in front of Captain. Didn't matter in the end as I had a few penalty seconds, but very happy to settle for 3rd place :)

Congrats on the win @David Novitzky. Definitely the class of the field.

Mattster

GP2 Test Driver
Nov 18, 2016
@AndrexUK

You're right, but we also need to consider the trafic behind. You break too early, you can also cause a incident.

Watch my video. I break perfectly in time, considering my speed, the distance to the cars ahead and the distance to the cars behind.

You dont get the point is a incident infront is not a normal start other 2 cars are trying to avoid it and drive the corner wide open but you take risk (drive very close to the spurned car) and try to use the situation which in frist lap normaly dont ends well , cold tires ,incidents you have to be extra carefull and give others room and presume that something can happen
i think thats is what @AndrexUK also want to say.
Bcs risking on first lap make other drivers also take risk bcs they see can lose position is like a domino effect.
If you have the speed you have so many options to overtake or undercut with pit stop and is not worth risk in the first laps

On this situation i was a bit on the grass taking unusual line trying to avoid the incident and the car almost spun.
I installed crew chief but In this situation he cant help alot bcs is to many cars around you + spuned car on grass and in my case dont say anything.

Papand

F1 Test Driver
Jul 17, 2015
Was great to be back. Practiced a ton to just qualify 21st and had to find my jaw on the floor after. Damn you are fast!

On the warmup i was told to put on lights. Could not remember what button i had it on so ended up pressing the menu button. Car went straight in turn 4. Thanks for the guys behind to not laugh there. You can laugh of me having driving line instead. @AndrexUK does that anyway. After the little getaway we had a very nice start in the back. I think people took it super easy and made plenty of room. With some accidents and incidents in the middle pack i was suddenly up to 10th and keeping up well with the guys in front. I think one was @StormENT who ended up finishing 6th (?), so that surely gave me some high hopes of the way this season will develop. Instead of finising 7th i decided to spin and then having trouble getting the car turned around. After the pitstops i was about 18th and was sure only top 16 would get points, so i was driving like a maniac in the end to catch up places. With some disconnects in front i ended 14th. I was actually super happy with that and mighty 7 points.

I improved my laptimes with more than 3 secs over the last 1½ week. So i still believe in this comeback project. It will be harder and harder to gain time now as we are into the smaller margins but i think its going better than expected.

Congrats to the guys in front and thanks for the race everyone.

dopey401

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 30, 2018
So I will give you my personal view of the race :D

Both qualifyings were horrible for several reasons. Luckily I managed to set exactly one decent laptime in 20 minutes and that was only with a few seconds left on the board,

Starting from 2nd i tried to defend my position as long as i could. Tried to save tires but that did not work out. I had sudden drops of my grip level that i simply don´t understand... Sadly i touched the grass in sector 2 and had a halfspin mid race. @David Novitzky was miles ahead and @Seamas111 and @Captain Slow had better pace, so i finished in 4th position.

Overall a nice wednesday with really close and fast racing.

StormENT

PC GT3 S9 AM Champion
Nov 1, 2017
First race of the season and it looks like I'm going to struggle with Qualifying as I could only muster 20th place. My race pace seemed to be much faster and during the first few laps I could tell I was being really held up. With Brands Hatch being such a difficult track to overtake, and my Ferrari losing time to the cars in front down every straight, even in the slipstream, it seemed very unlikely I was going to make up any places.
So 13 minutes in I decided to take an early pitstop to find some clear air and spent the rest of the race settled into a rhythm. The only other car I saw was @ShaggyDan who emerged from the pits a couple of seconds in front of me but I couldn't close the gap to him. Luckily for me he'd picked up some penalties so I jumped past him at the finish.
Overall I was disappointed with starting in 20th but very happy to finish in 6th!!!!

/CSR/ speedy.go

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 17, 2019
First race of the season and it looks like I'm going to struggle with Qualifying as I could only muster 20th place. My race pace seemed to be much faster and during the first few laps I could tell I was being really held up. With Brands Hatch being such a difficult track to overtake, and my Ferrari losing time to the cars in front down every straight, even in the slipstream, it seemed very unlikely I was going to make up any places.
So 13 minutes in I decided to take an early pitstop to find some clear air and spent the rest of the race settled into a rhythm. The only other car I saw was @ShaggyDan who emerged from the pits a couple of seconds in front of me but I couldn't close the gap to him. Luckily for me he'd picked up some penalties so I jumped past him at the finish.
Overall I was disappointed with starting in 20th but very happy to finish in 6th!!!!

lookin"@this my TRUE RACER:cool::p in me wants to ditch 2*1070SLI and go for 1080 or RTX2070 Occulus Rift-but just not enough chaching:eek:,not by a long shot:cautious:.

Reactions: StormENT

Pitti

Pro Karter
Mar 20, 2018
@VoodooChild sorry for the hit from the back in that gang bang situation, must say there was not a chance for me to avoid it in that situation. Everything happens too fast for my old brain:oops:

Reactions: VoodooChild