GIXXERosg

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016

AOR Project CARS GT3 Leagues - Season 12
PC TIER 5 Main Thread

This is the main thread for the PC GT3 S12 Tier 5 League - here you can chat about anything with your fellow league drivers!

General Information:
Race Day: Wednesday
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

League Coordinator: @SteveO916
Race Host: @SteveO916
Back-up Host: TBD
Grid Slots:

Brands Hatch - 30
Monza GP - 32
Long Beach - 32
Road America - 32
Red Bull Ring - 32
Nurburgring GP - 30
Zolder - 32
Daytona Road - 32
Snetterton - 26
COTA - 32

Drivers and Teams:

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveO916

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Dec 20, 2016
Welcome to Tier 5 AOR Project Cars 2 GT3 Season 12!

There's a few familiar names from past seasons and a lot of new ones. Reserves, you will be able to race on tracks that have a grid size larger than 26 or if people can't make it. (only Snetterton has 26 slots for this season)

Main Drivers
@DiRTMark @DJesse_GamingNL @Domi64S @EIPayton1331 @frico241 @Gosutoo @hoodie337 @hyozbahce @J Peaches @Jordy van Oosten @kidmaciek @Lanmanify @Legger ZF @Loteli @Mama Raccoon @morphee7 @NobleQuickx @ORBITGFXYT @packolla @paleez @PhantomHamster @Sko @SteveO916 @ticlac88 @Traxxou @Wijzijnhetmaar

Reserves
@T-MasterNL @RedTerrier

Last edited:
Reactions: MisterJasper

SteveO916

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Dec 20, 2016
ok, before I forget...here's some Tips for the Guys new to Project Cars (and a maybe reminder to the others)

Start
make sure you have watched and understood the video of the rolling start.
make sure you know the rules
ALWAYS load your setup before the race start, and check the correct pit strategy is selected. (you have 2 mins to ready up before the race starts)
do not go when the lights turn green.
the formation lap is single file at 80mph/130kph up to the formation point where the leader slows to 50mph/80kph.
be careful into the first corner as tyres/brakes may have cooled on the formation lap and braking distances may be increased, also as there is a whole bunch of cars together people may have to brake where you don't expect.

Ontrack
be aware of who is around you. (I recommend using CrewChief app and the in game proximity arrows)
be careful rejoining the track if you go off. (Use the relative times box and/or the track map to see if anyone is coming, as well as your mirrors/look back button)
make sure you read the rules about what to do when lapping other cars or being lapped. (moving over to let a faster car by does not mean putting your car onto the grass)

Setups
there is an ingame "engineer" that can help you with some of the basics.
the help texts that pop up by each setup option are very helpful.
The is also an external tool called SimRacingTool that a lot of people use. It may seem a little complex at first but there are lots of people that can help you with it.

Tyres
Ideal tyre pressures (for GT cars) should be around 1.8 bar (26 psi).
The temps should ideally be around 80 deg C. (if any of your tyres gets near 100 deg C then you are at risk of spinning)
If you spin and overheat your tyres, you are likely to spin again if you try to get back on track too quickly.
If you drive in Cockpit view, most cars have the Tyre Temp displayed on the dash (set a button to change thru the dash screens)
External Dash apps will also give Tyre Temp info (but that means you will need to have UDP on which could effect your FPS or cause Lag)

Fuel
Don't trust the in game fuel calculator. Run some laps and work out your fuel consumption and then multiply by number of laps for race (don't forget Formaton lap as you will be using fuel on that too)
Most cars display Average Fuel usage on the Dash.

Pitstops
make sure you have a pit limiter button.
make sure you know where the speed limit line is entering the pits. (you will need to be at or below the speed limit at this line)
also don't turn limiter off too early when exiting pits.
Limiter is not on automatically when you leave the garage, you have to turn it on everytime otherwise you could get grid penalties or DQ in Qualification sessions.
Pitstops take a minimum of 6 seconds (stationary time)
You do not have to do anything in your pitstop.
If you want to change tyres do not use "Recommended" in the pit strategy tyres options, and always specify which tyres you want (don't use "Automatic by weather" - in the dry this will always give you Hard Slicks regardless of the track temp.)
If you request the pitstop while you are on track the pitcrew will be waiting for you when you come in. (you can set a button/key/voice command for this)
If you just come in the pits without telling them you may have to wait for them to come out before your pitstop start.

Last edited:

Loteli

Pro Karter
Mar 27, 2017
Hello, I should be available for all the races until the end.
My partner is pregnant and we’re due to have a little girl on the 27th March! In and around this time I may have to skip one or two races depending on when she comes. I hope this isn’t an issue! Perhaps I’ll find the time as my partner is super supportive of my racing on pc2 so I might not miss any. But on the 27th I believe it clashes with a race, so if I’m still at the hospital then obviously I can’t make the race! I’ll let you know in due time though and I’ll remind you when the 27th is coming up and when she’s born.
Thanks!

Reactions: Lanmanify

SteveO916

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Dec 20, 2016
Hello, I should be available for all the races until the end.
My partner is pregnant and we’re due to have a little girl on the 27th March! In and around this time I may have to skip one or two races depending on when she comes. I hope this isn’t an issue! Perhaps I’ll find the time as my partner is super supportive of my racing on pc2 so I might not miss any. But on the 27th I believe it clashes with a race, so if I’m still at the hospital then obviously I can’t make the race! I’ll let you know in due time though and I’ll remind you when the 27th is coming up and when she’s born.
Thanks!
no problem, Real Life comes first...

morphee7

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 27, 2018
first of all @Loteli many congrats on the future family and second of all if no1 had an issue of me missing a race last season to watch a footy match then you have no worries :)

Reactions: Loteli

VICSALT

Formula Karter
Dec 15, 2014
Guys historical been a Iracing guy but would like to play something different, Can I potentially go onto a list for the league if possible.

Thanks

SteveO916

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Dec 20, 2016
Guys historical been a Iracing guy but would like to play something different, Can I potentially go onto a list for the league if possible.

Thanks
HI, sign ups for the GT3 league are closed at the mo. Should re open mid season(ish)

in the meantime you can join the "social" practice races over the w/e & mon/tues nights.