PS4 - AOR GT3 S12 - PS4 Evaluation Race 1 23.01.19 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S12 - PS4 Evaluation Race 1 23.01.19

VSR_Neptune

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 9, 2018
This is not some kind of plea to get placed higher, because i race for enjoyment not numbers. Today’s race, bar lap 1 was really good imo. Qualifying was mighty close and a few tenths would have moved me a long way up. I also won’t point fingers for the incident, but i backed off and was willing to lose a few places to survive, unfortunately i got caught up the worst and ended up 10-15 seconds off of anyone, including those caught up in the incident. I fought back regardless and my pace seemed very solid, i caught up to the pack and started to cut through the pack. After everyone pitted i was in a position to finsih well into the mid pack, until i made an incredibly uncharacteristic and silly mistake, hitting the wall on entry to t11 and losing 15 odd seconds. To finish how i did astounded me. And i’ve had a few people say my pace was on par / near some of the top guys. Thanks for the opportunity to race because as i said bar lap 1 it was very enjoyable :)

Reactions: Michel--NL

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
This is not some kind of plea to get placed higher, because i race for enjoyment not numbers. Today’s race, bar lap 1 was really good imo. Qualifying was mighty close and a few tenths would have moved me a long way up. I also won’t point fingers for the incident, but i backed off and was willing to lose a few places to survive, unfortunately i got caught up the worst and ended up 10-15 seconds off of anyone, including those caught up in the incident. I fought back regardless and my pace seemed very solid, i caught up to the pack and started to cut through the pack. After everyone pitted i was in a position to finsih well into the mid pack, until i made an incredibly uncharacteristic and silly mistake, hitting the wall on entry to t11 and losing 15 odd seconds. To finish how i did astounded me. And i’ve had a few people say my pace was on par / near some of the top guys. Thanks for the opportunity to race because as i said bar lap 1 it was very enjoyable :)
I hope you had you'r seatbelt buckled on :LOL:

Jarryd Vermeulen

AOR PS4 Touring Car T1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
@Jarryd Vermeulen @Archil @VP_SirRacealot @Golzy @ESR_theschmid @ESR_InFect @EPRacing_Sandro @Slicker @VSR_Jake @vectro666 @kieranrp @Czert82 @FN-LEW187 @Gazza @Mildenman27 @Brufro

I just need to tell this and I'm not going to point fingers to any of you and I don't want that any of you are going to point fingers. That first lap was just the worst lap I have ever seen.
Most of you are all capable of driving in tier 1 and I think you are all wise enough to know that you can't win the race in the first two corners. If this is going to happen during the season then there will be problems not only with the stewards but how do you think the mood will be in the tier if you all crash each other off the track?

So please drive with your head and have respect for each other and each others car ;) And let us have an good competition with clean and fair racing.

There was nothing I could do about the start.. I was the unlucky victim and I feel I reacted how I should have and did the best I could to not hit the guy in front of me.. which I think I did not hit him from memory.

That start was a sad way to start the race and was so angry about turn 1..I span at turn 2. I cooled off and then drove a decent a race and overall besides lap 1 it was a decent race by all.

Last edited:

VSR_Neptune

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 9, 2018
I hope you had you'r seatbelt buckled on :LOL:
I was ten bloody foot in the air, i thought i’d scraped my way through but just so happened to be 4 into 1 and i was in the middle. Luckily i could continue, knocked my confidence a bit but oh well :ROFLMAO:

vectro666

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 23, 2017
The accident was massive, i was just lucky i had barely enough time to use the runoff or i would have hit the sideways Lambo. If damage was on this would have been a real catastrophe

Brufro

Rookie
Jan 16, 2014
Morning gentlemen and aliens. This race could've been so much better for everyone if it was not for turn one. There were two separate incidents. I avoided the first one but the second one was impossible to do anything. I think two or three cars unexpectedly came across the track and I had no where to go and smashed into a driver so hard that he went into orbit. Its just a shame because this lobby last night was incredibly competitive and it was almost impossible to make up the lost time. It would've been an interesting race if the driving on the first lap was incident free because everyone had great race pace!

Reactions: Mildenman27

Archil

PS4 S1 Ginetta GT5 T1 Champion
Apr 22, 2018
Morning gentlemen and aliens. This race could've been so much better for everyone if it was not for turn one. There were two separate incidents. I avoided the first one but the second one was impossible to do anything. I think two or three cars unexpectedly came across the track and I had no where to go and smashed into a driver so hard that he went into orbit. Its just a shame because this lobby last night was incredibly competitive and it was almost impossible to make up the lost time. It would've been an interesting race if the driving on the first lap was incident free because everyone had great race pace!
I have raced with you quite a bit and expected you to be right up there in the top, but just saw the incidents.

You and racelot went for difficult cars as well, that was risky. The game wont offer a fair competition like that

Brufro

Rookie
Jan 16, 2014
@Archil Yeah I enjoy picking a different car to others. You were really on the money last night, solid win and well done. I think that I needed a bit more practice and more down force on the Caddy to shave a few more tenths of my times but otherwise the Caddy wasn't too bad :)

Just want to say sorry to the guy driving the Aston on the first lap. I think I may have unintentionally bumped into you under braking but I did give you the place back. My car was heavy with fuel, the brakes were cold and I was still thinking about the Turn 1 disaster.

Reactions: Archil

Golzy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Nov 20, 2017
I tried to keep back as much as possible on T1 because of something like that. I tried moving right but as soon as there was slight contact I was gone. Then pushing too hard on a setup I hadn't practised with. Schoolboy error.

Last edited:

Archil

Apr 22, 2018
@Archil Yeah I enjoy picking a different car to others. You were really on the money last night, solid win and well done. I think that I needed a bit more practice and more down force on the Caddy to shave a few more tenths of my times but otherwise the Caddy wasn't too bad :)

Just want to say sorry to the guy driving the Aston on the first lap. I think I may have unintentionally bumped into you under braking but I did give you the place back. My car was heavy with fuel, the brakes were cold and I was still thinking about the Turn 1 disaster.
Cheers,

Yeah, I think Cadillac is fine in terms of flying lap speed, but hard to be consistent in it. My experience with underdog cars has been that McLaren and Ferrari can throw some surprises and Ginetta is also a great contender, the rest are a bit of a letdown

Jarryd Vermeulen

AOR PS4 Touring Car T1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
@VP_SirRacealot How did you qualify in low 38s with that thing?

@Jarryd Vermeulen good comeback
Well done on last night win and performance..I was happy with my comeback after turn 1 and p3 was a good result..got lucky when p2 had to pit again maybe for fuel. Unsure of what happened there for me to take P2.

I suspect we ain't team mates this year with another EPR driver joining the league??

Archil

Apr 22, 2018
Well done on last night win and performance..I was happy with my comeback after turn 1 and p3 was a good result..got lucky when p2 had to pit again maybe for fuel. Unsure of what happened there for me to take P2.

I suspect we ain't team mates this year with another EPR driver joining the league??
He spinned alot so, that is why you got him.

Yeah, I am going to be teammates with him, if we manage to agree on a car lol

Reactions: Jarryd Vermeulen

ESR_InFect

Junior Karter
Jan 9, 2019
Hey Guys,

thanks´s a lot for this great race last night:)
I didn´t exactly recognize what happend in first Corner. This accident was a great advantage to me.
From P11 to P6 only in T1 and P4 at the end of the first lap. Absolutely amazing:love:

Had a long intensive and clean fight with @VP_SirRacealot. That was great racing, thank´s for this(y)

See you in Brands Hatch