PS4 - AOR GT3 S12 - PS4 Evaluation Race 1 23.01.19 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S12 - PS4 Evaluation Race 1 23.01.19

Czert82

Pro Karter
Jan 13, 2019
Also thanks for the race guys but I made huge mistakes and also my setup was completely not prepared and did not realized I can set radiator opening way lower than it is on default. I had 75% and your cars were really fast in compare with my McLaren. I could not even keep the same speed on straights. I need to prepare car and myself better.
Anyway it is huge lesson for me. First time in AOR with aliens like you are and I am already stoked for season. Just need to prepare my car and strategy better.
Btw: that carnage in first lap was huge, one of the biggest what I have seen so far. So lucky I was not involved in that mess :)

Reactions: Michel--NL

ESR_theschmid

AOR PS4 GT3 S12 T1 Champion
Oct 31, 2017
I don't know what my car was doing.. but I was dissapointed about yesterday... My pace was not bad but after the lap 20 my car became undrivable! I had no chance to recover from the spins.. Hope to fix that problem for the next race.

But thank you for the race yesterday guys :D

Last edited:

Mildenman27

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Aug 6, 2018
@Archil Yeah I enjoy picking a different car to others. You were really on the money last night, solid win and well done. I think that I needed a bit more practice and more down force on the Caddy to shave a few more tenths of my times but otherwise the Caddy wasn't too bad :)

Just want to say sorry to the guy driving the Aston on the first lap. I think I may have unintentionally bumped into you under braking but I did give you the place back. My car was heavy with fuel, the brakes were cold and I was still thinking about the Turn 1 disaster.

Yeah thanks for that and I believe you hit me twice

Noxvi

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T3 Champion
Feb 1, 2018
The race yesterday was decent I had 2 spins in the fast left hander because the rear of the car was not balanced and it felt very unstable in that corner. I adjusted the brake balance and it helped a bit. And in the corner after that I got wrecked by a BMW car. But I have to say I really enjoyed it this is what I want tot see 14+ people lobbies for the season it feels right. I could do another race if this didn't evaluate my pace.

Noxvi

Feb 1, 2018
Also I wonder what do you guys have your radiator set at? mine was at 70% and was still getting damage is this just a Porsche thing? At the end of the race I had like 17 damage on the engine.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Also I wonder what do you guys have your radiator set at? mine was at 70% and was still getting damage is this just a Porsche thing? At the end of the race I had like 17 damage on the engine.
Engine damage is also caused by how you shift and I believe suspension damage, like hitting the curbs.

Noxvi

Feb 1, 2018
Engine damage is also caused by how you shift and I believe suspension damage, like hitting the curbs.
I've done some research and have found that a lot of other people were complaining specifically about the Porsche 911 GT3, seems so that revving the engine a lot is what causes the damage so I have to be a lot smoother with downshifts and earlier upshifts. I'll see if I can adapt otherwise I might go with another car. My engine runs around 100-104 C°

Archil

PS4 S1 Ginetta GT5 T1 Champion
Apr 22, 2018
I've done some research and have found that a lot of other people were complaining specifically about the Porsche 911 GT3, seems so that revving the engine a lot is what causes the damage so I have to be a lot smoother with downshifts and earlier upshifts. I'll see if I can adapt otherwise I might go with another car. My engine runs around 100-104 C°
I just would not recommend Porsche over a long distance race. Even SMS admitted that it is impossible to balance all the cars and they have given up.

Reactions: Noxvi

Noxvi

Feb 1, 2018
I just would not recommend Porsche over a long distance race. Even SMS admitted that it is impossible to balance all the cars and they have given up.
It seems like it, I did further testing and have come to the conclusion that it takes a lot of managing to be fast in the Posche but even with more management you have quite a bit damage to the engine, my driving style is quite aggressive which means revving the engine a lot and aggressive downshifts. I'll think about what car to go with but it seems like it's not gonna be the Porsche sadly because it's my favorite car.