PS4 - AOR GT3 S12 -PS4 TIER 2 - ROUND 3 - LONG BEACH - 20.02.19 @ 8PM UK TIME | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S12 -PS4 TIER 2 - ROUND 3 - LONG BEACH - 20.02.19 @ 8PM UK TIME

C-FOGARTY

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
This is how the race track is raced in real life . Its just gonna be suicide extending into turn 1.
All races ive been involved in here. Something has happened (common sense) or rule changes have been made. But apparently it dont matter this time.. WOW ! :love::LOL::ROFLMAO::D:p:):love::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: The Races will be Farcical :eek: So if we can track extend in the pit lane here :ROFLMAO: we can do it at every other track then .
Race START 5:45 (y):)

Last edited:

C-FOGARTY

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
There are penalties issued in this race (y) for drifting into the Pit Exit Lane... ;)

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2018
I know long beach is unique but what we do at long beach doesn't have to apply everywhere else. The standard rule is that the pit exit line only applies to thse leaving the pits, not those on a lap. This is how it is at every other tack, so i wouldn't consider it a track extension in general.

It's pretty similar at brands tbh, the pit exit there is hairy as well and requires awareness from those on a lap and leaving the pits. Monza is dodgy because most overtakes into t1 require crossing the pit exit line to get down the inside, and that's just the tracks from so far this season.

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2018
sorry t the T2 people for hijaking the thread here byw

VSR_Jake

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 9, 2018
So we cannot go into the pit lane for optimal line into t1 ?

C-FOGARTY

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Still No word on Track limits or the game failing to give pens at Turn 1 Pit extension? at this Death trap of a Race Track. I need to practice the track , but which way Guys?
The Tyres arent very good either. .
This race is shaping up to be one of the biggest cock-ups in AOR history. There will be record retirements and suspect Discos aplenty. Im even thinking of pulling out/boycotting this race, that has had so little thought Care & attention for us racers. Whichever muppet put this track on the calendar and leaving like this. Needs Shooting IMO.

ILRT_NICK-NITRO

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Still No word on Track limits or the game failing to give pens at Turn 1 Pit extension? at this Death trap of a Race Track. I need to practice the track , but which way Guys?
The Tyres arent very good either. .
This race is shaping up to be one of the biggest cock-ups in AOR history. There will be record retirements and suspect Discos aplenty. Im even thinking of pulling out/boycotting this race, that has had so little thought Care & attention for us racers. Whichever muppet put this track on the calendar and leaving like this. Needs Shooting IMO.
You already know my thoughts on it mate ;) but I got out voted :censored::cry: check the t3 thread for driver briefing

joshualuke1993

S14 AOR PS4 F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
IMO I love the track but the conditions will make it very difficult to drive but that's racing you don't get the ideal conditions. Regarding the pit exit I just would like one decision or the other (A simple cross the pit lane Yes or No) if Yes people need to keep an eye on the relative for people coming out of the pits as they have no where else to go and for the pit entry everyone just needs to be mindful and when pitting in try to keep a tight line. IMO

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
It's all in the driver briefing and please read it carefully :)

C-FOGARTY

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Opening up the corner for Turn 1 .Is such a bad Idea. Im Thinking this race is not a good idea at all . What happens if there is a blocked track at Turn 1 or further round the track . ? Which is more than a possibility now.
Some of the guidlines will only work on PC - Text chat in races and so on . What worries me more, is that Not everyone will see this 'Drivers Briefing' Just to add a little more chaos to race proceedings. Why this wasnt discussed in planning - ? Is down to ignorance I suppose.

Last edited:

robnoxious9000

F1 Multiple Champion
Mar 10, 2014
Opening up the corner for Turn 1 .Is such a bad Idea. Im Thinking this race is not a good idea at all . What happens if there is a blocked track at Turn 1 or further round the track . ? Which is more than a possibility now.
Some of the guidlines will only work on PC - Text chat in races and so on . What worries me more, is that Not everyone will see this 'Drivers Briefing' Just to add a little more chaos to race proceedings. Why this wasnt discussed in planning - ? Is down to ignorance I suppose.
Stop whinging about the pit lane, the drivers briefing is clear and you can see for miles on the mini map if anyone is there.
Worry about keeping it out of the walls and not parking on the racing line and blocking someones flying lap in qually.....:rolleyes:

C-FOGARTY

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Stop whinging about the pit lane, the drivers briefing is clear and you can see for miles on the mini map if anyone is there.
Worry about keeping it out of the walls and not parking on the racing line and blocking someones flying lap in qually.....:rolleyes:
How very rude! :ROFLMAO:

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
May 9, 2018
practice session tonight around 7:00 - thumbs up for invite :)

robnoxious9000

F1 Multiple Champion
Mar 10, 2014
That's nothing, you should have heard me after this....

I realise that that's probably what happened after you lost connection, at the time though, i wanted to kill you...:cautious:

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 14, 2014
It's all in the driver briefing and please read it carefully :)
After practice last night , the race and pit lane racing line should not be an issue during the race passing the pits, entering if you have someone up backside you will definitely need to flash lights if someone tries it exiting the corner on the inside.
it is tricky with quali though with constant traffic leaving the pits so it will affect lap time if you get someone coming out pits as you are passing finish line .

Archil

PS4 S1 Ginetta GT5 T1 Champion
Apr 22, 2018
In yesterday's practice, I think you were the only person whom I had problem with at the pit exit, you just did not watch what was going on behind you. There is nothing wrong with crossing the line for the optimal T1 entry if both parties, when having an encounter at the pit exit, pay attention to what is the other one doing

iSuperScrub

4 Time AOR Project Cars 1 Champion
Mar 29, 2014
Right I’m blagged. Reading through these posts, can you go all the way to the right at turn 1 or not?

C-FOGARTY

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
In yesterday's practice, I think you were the only person whom I had problem with at the pit exit, you just did not watch what was going on behind you. There is nothing wrong with crossing the line for the optimal T1 entry if both parties, when having an encounter at the pit exit, pay attention to what is the other one doing
Having loads of internet issues . So pulled out of this race anyhow. I experienced loads of lagg last night. And countless discos . So crack on with it with it m8. (y)

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 14, 2014

Archil

PS4 S1 Ginetta GT5 T1 Champion
Apr 22, 2018
Having loads of internet issues . So pulled out of this race anyhow. I experienced loads of lagg last night. And countless discos . So crack on with it with it m8. (y)
Oh no worries about the Monday practice session pit exit incidents, I just find the pit line crossing rule advocacy groundless