PS4 - AOR GT3 S12 - PS4 Tier 2 Round 9 - Snetterton - 03.04.19 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S12 - PS4 Tier 2 Round 9 - Snetterton - 03.04.19 @8pm UK time

GohstvanHunter

AOR PS4 GT3 S11 Tier 5 Champion
Dec 29, 2017

ROUND 9 - Snetterton 300

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday April 3rd 2019
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
Race: 33 laps (1 formation lap + 32 race laps)​
● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Center

● In-game time-of-day information:
Date: 06/10/2019​
Qualifying start time: 12:00 (PM)​
Race start time: 13:00 (PM)​
Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:
@Mr_Masnot70
@MrKaczalski

Last edited:

GohstvanHunter

AOR PS4 GT3 S11 Tier 5 Champion
Dec 29, 2017

Welcome to Snetterton!

For the first time in the AOR Project Cars 2 GT3 league we'll be visiting Snetterton, a technical track where car control is key. Especially the third sector can be challenging if the car isn't stable under braking. To make all of this even more difficult it will start raining half way through the race.

Race: Heavy Clouds > Rain
Qualifying: Heavy Clouds
Sync-to-race

bax

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 GTE Champion
Mar 24, 2016
Today I had some offline free practice.
After few laps I moved to pits to change my setup and after saving my changes I was not able to exit because of an AI car making his pit. AI car was not exactly in front of my box place... it was a little bit ahead (maybe the next box) but was blocking me. Pit lane seems to be really short
Can be?
If so, during the race you could have to wait for another car to finish his pit, before doing yours

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
practice race sign-ups live at:-

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Great in the dry . Useless in the wet. I cant find any grip whatsoever or any kinda balance. There is far too many Puddles and standing water for suitable racing on this track. Looking like an early retirement from race for me.:(:rolleyes: gutted!

JeroCalleja_SPA

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 12, 2018
I'm thinking of installing a pair of kayak and oars for when it passes over the puddles, the light rain is fine but the rain is a torture :cautious:

• Funny
Reactions: FOGGY #7

Golzy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Nov 20, 2017
Seen the weather change lads??? Bit gutted I like a wet track

Weather Update:

After some feedback we have decided to change the rain to light rain. We understand that this is a bit short notice, but we feel this will provide a better racing experience. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Race: Heavy Clouds > Light Rain

Sync-to-race

bax

Mar 24, 2016
bah.... what's the meaning in practicing 1 week, setup for lot of water, driving in a way to avoid puddles.... and then? 40-50% of what you did is pretty useless

I don't agree at all (at least at this stage, 36h before the race) but I'm not the one who will give up

JeroCalleja_SPA

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 12, 2018
I do not think it's good to make last minute changes, however I think this change is a benefit for race safety @bax, the puddles are a danger when you drive alone, imagine 2 or 3 cars fighting a position.

• Agree

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Seen the weather change lads??? Bit gutted I like a wet track

Weather Update:

After some feedback we have decided to change the rain to light rain. We understand that this is a bit short notice, but we feel this will provide a better racing experience. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Race: Heavy Clouds > Light Rain

Sync-to-race
first time I saw it but yeah looks like some discussion was going ahead overnight.
so 8 hrs practice and set up work for optimum wet set up needs to be changed lol, great.

Reactions: Golzy

Big-Kid-Daddy

Jan 14, 2014
I do not think it's good to make last minute changes, however I think this change is a benefit for race safety @bax, the puddles are a danger when you drive alone, imagine 2 or 3 cars fighting a position.
one car alone is not going to clear the water though, a full grid will help.
IMO it wasnt that bad until the last 10 minutes or so.

Golzy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Nov 20, 2017
first time I saw it but yeah looks like some discussion was going ahead overnight.
so 8 hrs practice and set up work for optimum wet set up needs to be changed lol, great.
Yeh ridiculous. And there will be 16 cars clearing the water not 1-6 you're right. Absolute scenes. 2 weeks in a row now

bax

Mar 24, 2016
I do not think it's good to make last minute changes, however.....
This is the point.
Maybe they did for a good reason and maybe they did the right thing... we will see... but last minute changes have to be avoided absolutely IMHO

Reactions: Golzy

JeroCalleja_SPA

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 12, 2018
16 cars also do not clean the puddles in rainy conditions, perhaps in light rain conditions they do it. Anyway I like the accumulation of water on the track but the Live Track 3.0 system does not faithfully reflect the drainage of the asphalt, I guess that is why puddles are created so big.

Big-Kid-Daddy

Jan 14, 2014
it seemed fine during practice regardless of puddles.
we have coped before.
just seems a bit of a rush decision, one or two complained in PC side and the rest jumped on the bandwagon and made a snap decision on all our behalfs.