PS4 - AOR GT3 S12 - PS4 Tier 4 - Round 3 - Long Beach - 20.02.19 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S12 - PS4 Tier 4 - Round 3 - Long Beach - 20.02.19 @8pm UK time

MrEmAych

AOR PS4 GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018

ROUND 3 - Long Beach

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday February 20th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
  • Qualifying: 10 minutes
  • Race: 46 laps (1 formation lap + 45 race laps)
● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Center

● In-game time-of-day information:
  • In-game date 07/04/2019
  • Qualifying time: 07 April 2019 01:00 (AM)
  • Race start time: 07 April 2019 02:00 (AM)
Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:

MrEmAych

AOR PS4 GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018

Welcome to Long Beach!

Traditionally the grand prix at Long Beach is held in April and this year our GT3 league is one of the supports series. A street circuit will always come with some extra challenges, even though the track is quite wide at most parts in comparison with some other street tracks. Overtaking will be a challenge, but if you manage to avoid any kind of damage, you will get a good result. The race will take place under the artificial lights as we're driving in the middle of the night. Weather will be heavy clouds for both qualifying and race.

We return to real-time progression for this race.

And remember the wise words from a certain F1 driver:
You have to be alert on a street circuit!

Reactions: MATARANG

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
practice race sign-ups now livw:-

JeanKhury

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 28, 2019

How unlucky can one get? Still got time to improve, keeping those softs on the right temperature is really hard, the track eats away those tires and its too cold for the hards in my opinion

Czert82

Pro Karter
Jan 13, 2019
Awesome track guys, but also really prone to big incidents in first turn and on the roundabout. Please I want to survive first lap w/o any incident :)

MATARANG

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2019
I’ve seen a lot of hot lappers seriously taking liberties with track limits on T1 entry - it’s fine for TT if the game allows it but on race day it’s just crossing the entire pit lane, which has it’s obvious risks of contact - I’ve done laps doing that and laps staying off the pit lane and honestly saw no difference in lap time, just hope people are sensible with this :oops:

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
I’ve seen a lot of hot lappers seriously taking liberties with track limits on T1 entry - it’s fine for TT if the game allows it but on race day it’s just crossing the entire pit lane, which has it’s obvious risks of contact - I’ve done laps doing that and laps staying off the pit lane and honestly saw no difference in lap time, just hope people are sensible with this :oops:
There is usually information about track limits that the game doesn't punish. I have a feeling turn one might be mentioned at this track with it possibly leading to carnage.

Good use of the minimap helps to see who's in pits and coming out pits but probably safer to just keep pit exit clear. I'll be happy to just make it round the formation lap in one piece lol

MATARANG

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2019
I’m avoiding it, doesn’t affect lap time if you brake on point so I’m not risking it, like you say I wanna survive lol

RRacer

AOR PS4 Endurance S4 T2 Champion
Jun 30, 2017
Please I want a clean race after all that happened to me in Monza :rolleyes:
Looks like very difficult after all I read in this thread :censored:

I never raced in this track. I only saw some races in the real indycar champ. The track is so cool! I hope to start the practice this weekend.

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
I've done all the testing I can until Monday. Can do decent times but the conditions are making temps and tyres interesting and defying logic such as cold tyres working better than fully up to temp ones lol

Happy with the setup I've got just need to get to the bottom of the tyres but I think a few race sims with ai or online will shed some light on that one.

Also don't do what I've done multiple times and crash into the pit entry and totally block the entrance as a result lol with worn tyres that entry can be deceiving

Czert82

Pro Karter
Jan 13, 2019
There is usually information about track limits that the game doesn't punish. I have a feeling turn one might be mentioned at this track with it possibly leading to carnage.

Good use of the minimap helps to see who's in pits and coming out pits but probably safer to just keep pit exit clear. I'll be happy to just make it round the formation lap in one piece lol
I would highly recommend crew chief for all of the racers here. Really, it is an awesome application. I always use it and since then I have almost zero problems with crashinh to anyone who is beside me or somewhere around my car.

JeanKhury

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 28, 2019
I would highly recommend crew chief for all of the racers here. Really, it is an awesome application. I always use it and since then I have almost zero problems with crashinh to anyone who is beside me or somewhere around my car.
You mean the spotter?

MATARANG

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2019
I just have radio comms on full info and use the proximity arrows and virtual mirrors. I had two side by side battles at Monza with no issues and even a moment at T1 when I out braked myself next to @jornzoet and had to squirm a bit on the curb, we did tap gently as I let him by on exit but only just so zero damage - I knew where he was the whole time. It’s really not hard with the proximity arrows on in particular, but I think everyone should use at least the virtual mirror, especially those who like a narrower FOV.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
You mean the spotter?
You can download a crew chief app on your phone or tablet, the pc2 spotter is ok but the crew chief gives you some very good infomation, plus the spotter is loads better and adjustable, it has some very cool features

Barker95

AOR PS4 GT3 Semi-Pro S7 Champion
May 26, 2015
You can download a crew chief app on your phone or tablet, the pc2 spotter is ok but the crew chief gives you some very good infomation, plus the spotter is loads better and adjustable, it has some very cool features
Can you get it on both android and apple devices?

JeanKhury

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 28, 2019
I find there is time in it, and not just that, it makes it more comfortable in my opinion for consistent driving.

MATARANG

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2019
I find there is time in it, and not just that, it makes it more comfortable in my opinion for consistent driving.
I agree it’s an easier way to take the turn, but I’m betting that it’ll cause trouble when the track is busy, hope not but we’ll see I suppose.