PS4 - AOR GT3 S12 - PS4 Tier 4 - Round 3 - Long Beach - 20.02.19 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S12 - PS4 Tier 4 - Round 3 - Long Beach - 20.02.19 @8pm UK time

JeanKhury

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 28, 2019
I agree it’s an easier way to take the turn, but I’m betting that it’ll cause trouble when the track is busy, hope not but we’ll see I suppose.
For sure, dont know what the rules will be, but maybe it could be permitted for qualy or only two tires inside the pitline at most

MATARANG

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2019
For sure, dont know what the rules will be, but maybe it could be permitted for qualy or only two tires inside the pitline at most
I’m just going with two tyres on the line but not over it, and still getting easy mid 1:18’s with race fuel so the advantage is minimal anyway. Gonna be an interesting one, I’ve watched the last few races from various tiers and, erm - bit crashy :oops:

Last edited:

Killg0re NL

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 14, 2018
I am on 1.20 some ghosts wod be nice to see where you miss the time.

Archie619

F1 Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I am on 1.20 some ghosts wod be nice to see where you miss the time.
That's one thing I hate about pc2. The lack of ghosts. Even racing your own ghost you can pick up what makes you quicker or slower and if you could load a friends ghost you can see if they take different lines etc

At the moment my potential time is quicker but I don't know where I got the extra time, the ghost would have showed me.

MATARANG

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2019
That's one thing I hate about pc2. The lack of ghosts. Even racing your own ghost you can pick up what makes you quicker or slower and if you could load a friends ghost you can see if they take different lines etc

At the moment my potential time is quicker but I don't know where I got the extra time, the ghost would have showed me.
I find keeping one eye on my lap delta tells me enough to figure out where I can find time, just have to figure out how with no ghost but to be fair I get distracted by ghosts on tracks like this one.

Mhill

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018
Quick announcement I won't be available for the next race so @jwvdg is going to host and cod the race. Take it easy on him. Haha also please ensure you have added him as a friend before the race as it makes things much easier and smoother to setup.

If for some reason @jwvdg disconnects can everyone take a screen shot of all the qualification positions and race positions and send them to me so that I can update the table. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen but just as a precaution.

Have a great race guys! Gutted I'm missing it.

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
May 9, 2018
I find keeping one eye on my lap delta tells me enough to figure out where I can find time, just have to figure out how with no ghost but to be fair I get distracted by ghosts on tracks like this one.
i have moved my delta time lower down the screen (check my stream: )

i find it easier to watch there without taking my eyes off the track

RRacerF4N

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 30, 2017
I love this track kissing the walls (sometimes crashing :ROFLMAO:)

For the moment practising qualy (my weakness) Best lap: 1.17.6

I think the pole in this tier will be in 16 high :unsure:

MATARANG

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2019

I’ll be happy to qualify not right at the back even in this tricky track - best to be at front but there WILL be crashes, so I’ll just avoid those and hope for the best if quali doesn’t go well :p

JeanKhury

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 28, 2019

Agree, im also looking to get into the 16’s, my best yet is 17.4

Mhill

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018
@jwvdg if anyone else drops out don't forget we have @Jeke as well

RRacerF4N

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 30, 2017
I’ll be happy to qualify not right at the back even in this tricky track - best to be at front but there WILL be crashes, so I’ll just avoid those and hope for the best if quali doesn’t go well :p
To be at front reduce highly the risk to have crashes. I have the experience of Monza starting at the back

MATARANG

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2019
To be at front reduce highly the risk to have crashes. I have the experience of Monza starting at the back
Yeah same here mate, I started 12th at Monza - I SEEN SOME THINGS MAN! :LOL:

MATARANG

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2019
My best quali so far has been 1:17.724 - realistically in a ten min quali with no guarantee of enough clean laps with no traffic, I need to get that down drastically if I wanna be further up the grid - my issue is it takes me too long to loosen up to get my best in the quali session time, so I end up relying on my consistency to climb up during the race, it’s frustrating lol

Mhill

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018

Round 3 - Long Beach
Driver briefing

Track Limits

For this track we didn't find any potential corner cutting which could not get recognized by the in-game track limit detection. Therefore all parts of the track the in-game track limits apply.

Pit Entry
The pit entry at Long Beach is very close after the exit of the final turn (hairpin) and requires hard braking at a section of track where cars not entering the pits will be on full throttle. It is strongly advised to try to ensure that any drivers alongside or immediately behind you are aware that you intend to enter the pits on that lap. This can be by either:
  • Informing the driver via voice chat.
    • With a short message such as: "P5 pitting this lap" (try not to assume that others will recognise your car from only your voice/name)
  • Flashing your lights a few times in the final section of track.
    • If you do flash your lights to inform of an intended pit entry, then you must make an attempt to enter the pits. Flashing your lights in most other situations is forbidden by the rules.
  • Keeping to the inside/right during and while exiting the final hairpin.
    • As this is not the normal racing line, this should help avoid the situation where a car behind on full throttle does not have time to react.
Pit Exit
The pit exit at Long Beach leads the exiting car directly onto a section of track which is commonly used as the normal racing line for cars on approach to turn 1 (picture below), and can easily lead to incidents if drivers on track are not fully aware that a car is exiting.
View attachment 71419

During the race; cars exiting the pits have priority over the pitlane, and it is the responsibility of the driver passing the pits to ensure there is no contact, it is strongly advised for all drivers to run with the 'track map' section of the HUD visible, and to check for people exiting the pits using that, before committing to taking the racing line which crosses onto the pit exit.

However, it is also advised that drivers exiting the pits should try to help ensure that others are aware they are, by either:
  • Informing the driver via voice chat.
    • With a short message such as: "P10 exiting pits" (try not to assume that others will recognise your car from only your voice/name)
  • Flashing your lights a few times after you have exited your box but before the pit limiter line.
    • As it is a night race, this is usually quite visible, despite the pit wall blocking direct view.
During qualifying; cars on track, and on a flying lap, have priority over cars exiting the pits to begin an outlap. To reduce the likelihood of issues, people planning to exit the pits are strongly advised to either:
  • First use the 'Monitor' section from the pits, to view the full track map, to ensure that there should be a significant section of free track to pull out into.
  • Exit the pits very slowly (or stop your car before the section that crosses the racing line), and check for cars approaching using the 'relative' display on the HUD, before continuing.

General information
As this is a night race, drivers are reminded of the rules covering the requirement for having working/active headlights at all times:

RRacerF4N

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 30, 2017
My best quali so far has been 1:17.724 - realistically in a ten min quali with no guarantee of enough clean laps with no traffic, I need to get that down drastically if I wanna be further up the grid - my issue is it takes me too long to loosen up to get my best in the quali session time, so I end up relying on my consistency to climb up during the race, it’s frustrating lol
I understand you. I'm not quick in qualy. I'm stronger in race pace, but it's important to start at the front to have a consistent race pace.