PS4 - AOR GT3 S12 - PS4 Tier 4 - Round 4 - Road America - 27.02.19 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S12 - PS4 Tier 4 - Round 4 - Road America - 27.02.19 @8pm UK time

MrEmAych

AOR PS4 GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018

ROUND 4 - Road America

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday February 27th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
  • Race: 42 laps laps (1 formation lap + 41 race laps)
● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Center

● In-game time-of-day information:
  • In-game date 05/05/19
  • Race start time: 05 May 2019 06:00 (AM)
Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Going by the pattern, that's formation lap crash, turn one lap one crash. So here it'll be lap two where I'm taken out lol

Done some early running and the kerbs are wicked. Didn't do serious laptimes, was just cruising around the track learning stuff. Should be a good race hopefully. It can't get much worse for me this season lol

MrEmAych

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018

Welcome to Road America!

The first of the two 90 minute races this season. The current championship contenders might have shown that they have some very good raw pace, this time however, they also need to show that they have the race craft and overtaking skills to work their way up through the field. Luckily for them Road America is very suited for overtaking as it consists out of some long straights with heavy braking zones. The race will start in hazy conditions in the early morning after which the sky will slowly get covered with some medium clouds.

Hazy -> Medium Clouds
Real time weather progression

Reactions: Archie619

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
practice race sign-ups now live:-

de-thomas

F1 1st Driver
Jan 20, 2017
I'm enjoying the French snow next week for some skiing. Back for round 5 and hopefully the rest of the season.

Reactions: MrEmAych

Traels

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 7, 2019
Looking forward to the first of the longer races. i already feel like an hour here is quite a bit longer than in the other games i've done leagues in, but Road America does feel safer than some of the tracks we've raced already.
Can we all agree to leave @Archie619 alone this time around? I feel so horrible for him by now. Best of luck mate.

MATARANG

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2019
I’ve been both looking forward to and slightly worrying about this one as I’d never driven an inch of it before now, in any car - I really enjoy this circuit though, some of the aggressive turns in the final sector are awesome to chuck the Huracan into :p

Czert82

Pro Karter
Jan 13, 2019
Guys, just a quick question. Is this a race with reverse grid. How to proceed it? During formation lap? And you will post the grid order before the race? @Mhill @jwvdg ?

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Guys, just a quick question. Is this a race with reverse grid. How to proceed it? During formation lap? And you will post the grid order before the race? @Mhill @jwvdg ?
Normally @Mhill will post the grid positions on the psn chat as well as on here.

As the lights go out you safely move to the side of the track and allow the cars to use the middle of the track. You then move away in the order of the reverse championship standings. Just keep a mental note of who you should be behind and when you see them go, just follow.

Usually everyone is in position before the end of the first sector. Once everyone's in the right position it's just the standard aor start procedure.

@Mhill can probably explain it better but that is the basic version lol

Reactions: Czert82

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
full practice session tonight around 7:00 - thumbs up for invite :)

Reactions: MrEmAych

MrEmAych

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018
Normally @Mhill will post the grid positions on the psn chat as well as on here.

As the lights go out you safely move to the side of the track and allow the cars to use the middle of the track. You then move away in the order of the reverse championship standings. Just keep a mental note of who you should be behind and when you see them go, just follow.

Usually everyone is in position before the end of the first sector. Once everyone's in the right position it's just the standard aor start procedure.

Can't put it any better than Archie, will post the order up as soon as we know who is racing.

Reactions: Archie619

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Can we all agree to leave @Archie619 alone this time around? I feel so horrible for him by now. Best of luck mate.
Thanks mate. Yeah I'd appreciate if I can have a 2 metre no drive zone around my car lol I'd like to at least make it to lap two unharmed :ROFLMAO:

Czert82

Pro Karter
Jan 13, 2019

Thanks Archie

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
Ok, I would practice but definitely not 95mins and then race. So I will make some quick test by myself - maximum 30mins. Thanks anyway.
nothing to say you have to stay for the whole session - up to you, mate

MrEmAych

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018

Just wanted to get the starting order sorted for Wednesday. Could anyone let me know if you can't make the race please? So far I have @de-thomas out and also @Stew G out. @Ayresii1995 you said you may miss the race do you know if you are available yet?

@JeanKhury and @Jeke are you guys available to fill in?

JeanKhury

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 28, 2019

Just wanted to get the starting order sorted for Wednesday. Could anyone let me know if you can't make the race please? So far I have @de-thomas out and also @Stew G out. @Ayresii1995 you said you may miss the race do you know if you are available yet?

@JeanKhury and @Jeke are you guys available to fill in?
Sadly im not, im gonna be away from home until next week