PS4 - AOR GT3 S12 - PS4 Tier 4 - Round 5 - Redbull Ring GP - 06.03.19 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S12 - PS4 Tier 4 - Round 5 - Redbull Ring GP - 06.03.19 @8pm UK time

MrEmAych

AOR PS4 GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018

ROUND 5 - Redbull Ring GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday March 6th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
Qualifying: 10 minutes​
Race: 40 laps (1 formation lap + 39 race laps)​
● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Center

● In-game time-of-day information:
Date: 02/06/19​
Qualifying time: 11:00 (AM)​
Race start time: 12:00 (PM)​
Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:

MrEmAych

AOR PS4 GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018

Welcome to the Redbull Ring!

A track that will favour the turbocharged cars due to it's high altitude, roughly 700 meters above sea level, and located in the Styrian mountains. This makes for some great scenery and big elevation changes. Additionally the track features some long straights and heavy braking zones, so overtaking is definitely possible. During the race we will have nice summer weather with just a few light clouds to block to sun. Qualifying will be even better with no clouds whatsoever.

Race: Light Clouds
Qualifying: Clear

Reactions: Jeke and MATARANG

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
practice race sign-ups now live:-

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Anyone willing to share race pace or know what a decent race pace is? I've already been practicing a little but I'm feeling quite slow.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Anyone willing to share race pace or know what a decent race pace is? I've already been practicing a little but I'm feeling quite slow.
I had an hour lastnight and got down to a low 1:30 on 100ltr, for myself im aiming for 29s race pace, I’m sure some of you guys will be around the same as their is not much difference between the tiers

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
I had an hour lastnight and got down to a low 1:30 on 100ltr, for myself im aiming for 29s race pace, I’m sure some of you guys will be around the same as their is not much difference between the tiers
**** I've got some time to find :) but I've not done many laps so far

Reactions: Mr_JayDoubleU

Meester_Bond_WHG

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 20, 2018
Same here. Managed a 1:30.0 after an hour's practice with race fuel. Probably won't get any quicker though. Usually the more I play with setup the slower it goes. Am in the Lambo by the way (non-turbo).

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Same here. Managed a 1:30.0 after an hour's practice with race fuel. Probably won't get any quicker though. Usually the more I play with setup the slower it goes. Am in the Lambo by the way (non-turbo).
Yeah mate best not to mess with it, did a 29.9 in 1 lobby with some guys then a 30.1 in another with @danjbirch so on par with you, had 1 quail run so far just with my race setup and managed a 29.6 but that should come down with tweaking to maybe a Low 29 or should I dream of a 28o_O As for the race I expect the times to drop a little maybe? Mid to high 30s low 31s with other cars in close proximity.

Meester_Bond_WHG

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 20, 2018
Yeah mate best not to mess with it, did a 29.9 in 1 lobby with some guys then a 30.1 in another with @danjbirch so on par with you, had 1 quail run so far just with my race setup and managed a 29.6 but that should come down with tweaking to maybe a Low 29 or should I dream of a 28o_O As for the race I expect the times to drop a little maybe? Mid to high 30s low 31s with other cars in close proximity.
Seems I lied. Actually managed a 1.32.0 (not 1.30.0)!! :(. Gone a little quicker today (31.6) but still not quick enough. Much work to do.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
It’s still a beast down the straights like the amg but I stay with it at RBR

Barker95

AOR PS4 GT3 Semi-Pro S7 Champion
May 26, 2015
I cant get my big bmw round the first corner without spinning so you may have to look out for the boat facing backwards

• What?
Reactions: Meester_Bond_WHG

MATARANG

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2019
I’m going for consistency over quali pace here in the Lambo, managed a low 1:30 on light fuel but haven’t bothered with a quali setup as any changes I made from my race setup just made me slower. Actually love this car here even though it struggles with the altitude, just goes nicely, you have have to drive it like you hate it, awesome combo :p

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
usual practice session tonight around 7 - thumbs up for invite

Reactions: de-thomas

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
I have one goal for this race... To make I past lap 5 with no incidents involving other cars, killer kerbs or the wall.

@Traels I had to laugh at your stream of road America... "oh nooooo archies in the wall" lol

MATARANG

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2019
I have one goal for this race... To make I past lap 5 with no incidents involving other cars, killer kerbs or the wall.

@Traels I had to laugh at your stream of road America... "oh nooooo archies in the wall" lol
I watched that and giggled too as it’s exactly what I said lol

Last edited:

Noxvi

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T3 Champion
Feb 1, 2018
Idk about this race I'll try and do it. I will inform you if I won't be able to, I have a sinus infection from allergies and a cold, it feels miserable.

Barker95

AOR PS4 GT3 Semi-Pro S7 Champion
May 26, 2015
I Am not looking forward to this race. Even with my hard tyres up to temp I still have no grip at all, I think I have got to used to the softs this season