PS4 - AOR GT3 S12 - PS4 Tier 4 - Round 5 - Redbull Ring GP - 06.03.19 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S12 - PS4 Tier 4 - Round 5 - Redbull Ring GP - 06.03.19 @8pm UK time

RRacer

AOR PS4 Endurance S4 T2 Champion
Jun 30, 2017
What were your tyre temps?
Softs not working well from 90 degrees. I was managing all the time carefully, because when I pushed a couple of laps I had to slow down next lap to cooldown tyres a little bit :confused:

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
What were your tyre temps?
Softs not working well from 90 degrees. I was managing all the time carefully, because when I pushed a couple of laps I had to slow down next lap to cooldown tyres a little bit :confused:
Ran the hard tyres. Don't know exact temps but colour wise they were blue from lap 8-10 onwards and never improved. Laptime dropped from my early 31.8 to 33s and 34s and couldn't put any power down. Almost lost it on the kink to turn two, that's how bad I was lol

RRacer

Jun 30, 2017
Ran the hard tyres. Don't know exact temps but colour wise they were blue from lap 8-10 onwards and never improved. Laptime dropped from my early 31.8 to 33s and 34s and couldn't put any power down. Almost lost it on the kink to turn two, that's how bad I was lol
Hards?! I ran on softs, Hards doesn't work at all for me here. No grip and it's difficult to warm it. Interesting tyre strategy here :geek:
Probably you suffered something similar during the race.

Mr_JayDoubleU

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 28, 2018
Hards?! I ran on softs, Hards doesn't work at all for me here. No grip and it's difficult to warm it. Interesting tyre strategy here :geek:
Was on full hards also, grip level was different then practice 1 sec of the pace, but could keep the tyres up to temperature though

Reactions: RRacer

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Was on full hards also, grip level was different then practice 1 sec of the pace, but could keep the tyres up to temperature though
The temperature was my main problem in the race lobby. Nothing I did put heat into them at all. What made it more strange is for the first 8 or so laps the temperatures were good. Then they went.

Putting it down to project cars weird glitches as I just went into my own lobby under the same conditions and I'm lapping 3 seconds quicker than I was last night using the same setup I used and tyre temps are okay.

Very frustrating indeed. However onto the race that @colephelps-la2 will win because its raining lol Not going to put too much time into practice for it, as long as I get tyres right the rest should be okay.

Mr_JayDoubleU

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 28, 2018
Q: 6th, Only Brands Hatch so far had a good quali (pole)....

Race 9th: First laps were nice and fun racing, @Barker95 in front of me overtook @RRacerF4N. From my POV I was a bit quicker then him and was stuck for a while... Also with my teammate @Traels in my mirror, I decided to perform an undercut to get the best result for us both, because I thought we were both quicker then rracer at the moment... When I tried requesting my pitcrew to ready up for a mandatory pitstop, I accidently flip the button the wrong way and selected the pitlimiter instead. Seems a human brain need tiem to process what happened and before I could recognize the error I made, I slowed down my teammate and even had contact which could let into a bigger problems... Lucky it didn't result in damage or spuns.... Really sorry @Traels ... With my brains still processing what just happened, I entered the pit.... assuming I pressed the pitlimiter... Entry was within speed limit, but when I applied throttle I suddenly had penalty of 10 seconds.. pressed the pitlimiter and lift, but the game give me an other 40 sec penalty...
After saying a few nasty words, I tried to put my head down and make the best out of it... Was nice to have @Mhill at my rear which gave my race reason to push... Our pace was quiet even... Too bad about your spun in the last laps , last corner... The last laps I was behind my teammate and stopped pushing, cause I didn't want to put @Traels into more risky incidents.. Nice team finish! I've put the penalty issues into an inquiry, imo 10 seconds should by enough for the fault I have made....will see what they decide...

Congrats to the podium!!

jornzoet

2 times AOR PC2 champion
Nov 15, 2018
That is strange. I did quali and race both on hard tyres in the Audi. No problems with tyre temps. For me the softs just didnt work

• Agree
Reactions: Slicker and RRacer

Traels

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 7, 2019
Oh wow what a shame JW! Of course no problem at all, just a slightly funny mistake that sadly ended up being very costly for you :(

Reactions: Mr_JayDoubleU

RRacer

Jun 30, 2017
That is strange. I did quali and race both on hard tyres in the Audi. No problems with tyre temps. For me the softs just didnt work
Wow... so I was the only one on softs?
Btw: congrats for your win. Your pace was in other world in comparison to the rest of the drivers (y)

jornzoet

2 times AOR PC2 champion
Nov 15, 2018
Wow... so I was the only one on softs?
Btw: congrats for your win. Your pace was in other world in comparison to the rest of the drivers (y)
I think so. Softs didn't even work good on Long Beach for me. Thanks buddy

MATARANG

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2019
Nice one mate. Now @Mhill can do his job as "aor spreadsheet filler inner" so I can see how bad the table looks for me and think to myself how on earth am I salvaging this lol
I think thanks to my terrible outing at RBR you will actually move up, and looks like I’ll be losing at least 2 spots :rolleyes: