PS4 - AOR GT3 S12 - PS4 Tier 4 - Round 7 - Zolder - 20.03.19 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S12 - PS4 Tier 4 - Round 7 - Zolder - 20.03.19 @8pm UK time

MrEmAych

AOR PS4 GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018

ROUND 7 - Zolder

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday March 20th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
Qualifying: 10 minutes​
Race: 39 laps (1 formation lap + 38 race laps)​
● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Center

● In-game time-of-day information:
Date: 04/08/19​
Qualifying time: 15:00 (PM)​
Race start time: 16:00 (PM)​
Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:

MrEmAych

AOR PS4 GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018

Welcome to Zolder!

A short and narrow track in the Flemish part of Belgium. It's a challenging track that doesn't really provide easy overtaking opportunities. Last time we ran this track we had rain during the race, which resulted in a brilliantly executed strategy for the race win in tier 1. This time the weather doesn't give the opportunity for those kind of strategy calls, as we will only see some heavy clouds but not a single rain drop. However, the mandatory pitstop can still be a crucial factor in this race due to the few overtaking opportunities.

The driver briefing will be posted as soon as possible.

Race: Heavy cloud
Qualifying: Heavy cloud

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Not one of my more favourite tracks but at least I know it well from project cars 1. Weather will be interesting though.

The big question though.... Who is coming second this week? We all know @jornzoet has it won already lol

Reactions: Mr_JayDoubleU

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
practice race sign-ups are live:-

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Created an online lobby simulating race conditions. Anyone is welcome to join, I'll be online for about another hour.

Update: Lobby closed but hopefully reopen in a couple hours as real life has decided to get in the way lol

Last edited:

RRacer

AOR PS4 Endurance S4 T2 Champion
Jun 30, 2017
:ROFLMAO:
Not one of my more favourite tracks but at least I know it well from project cars 1. Weather will be interesting though.

The big question though.... Who is coming second this week? We all know @jornzoet has it won already lol
:ROFLMAO: Exactly. P2 it's like a win.

I'll practice tomorrow. I'm not sure if I tested this track in other games or it's my first time. Maybe I'm thinking in Zandvort, not Zolder :ROFLMAO:o_O

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
One thing I've noticed around here is overtaking is tricky. Going to really put an emphasis on pit strategy.

My default setup pace was good I think so once I tweak it a bit I think I could be on for a good one as long as I don't spin or mess up in the the pits.

Anyone willing to share what race and quali times they are getting?

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
After about 20 minutes practice i can do 34s for race pace but that can definitely be improved
I was similar. 34s area without really pushing the limit of the car, I actually set 3 totslly identical laptimes in a row which I don't think I've ever done or seen before lol

I'm expecting the times around here to be tight.

Reactions: Barker95

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Follow the Link for the Poll/Vote .;)

Reactions: Marcos Moutinho

RRacer

AOR PS4 Endurance S4 T2 Champion
Jun 30, 2017
This track is super fun! Only thing I don't like is the kerb in the chicane. It's weird to catch it and start to flying :confused:

Qualy runs on 1.32.5 Soft tyres. I think it's a good time, but it's not enough yet.

Reactions: Mr_JayDoubleU

MATARANG

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2019
I’m doing 1:34’s mostly on race pace and haven’t done too much quali but best so far is a 1:33.2, car still feels too bouncy in places but just right most of the lap, so still tweaking for now.

Marcos Moutinho

GP2 Reserve Driver
Dec 8, 2014
Hello guys i tink i Will go Change the car its ok ? I Will test latter Audi and Lambo for nos a run to AMG and Nice feeling .Latter i choise One TX

Reactions: RRacer

MATARANG

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2019
Like dethomas I won’t be on for 7 but definitely can be before ten - was trying to practice on my own online last night and it kept kicking me out, and again was two seconds slower than my offline pace, so I’ll try and join tonight and see if I can sort it. If I can’t though, I’ll sadly be done with it I think. It’s just so much work for no reward now, it’s stopping me enjoying racing at all and I can’t be having that.

MATARANG

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2019
Just heard that my upgrade to fibre broadband is going live on Wednesday, so I have no idea if it’ll all be good by then, won’t have happened yet or will happen in the middle of the race, as it could be any time it switches....! :LOL: