PS4 - AOR GT3 S12 - PS4 Tier 4 - Round 8 - Daytona Road Course - 27.03.19 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S12 - PS4 Tier 4 - Round 8 - Daytona Road Course - 27.03.19 @8pm UK time

Archie619

F1 Multiple Champion
Jun 28, 2016
hards or softs?
I've ran with both. Softs feel good but concerned about the wear. Hards take a while to heat up for me but once I get them close to the range they feel good.

I can get the laptimes close with both tyres so it's going to be what I feel is best as a race tyre for me.

Barker95

AOR PS4 GT3 Semi-Pro S7 Champion
May 26, 2015
I've ran with both. Softs feel good but concerned about the wear. Hards take a while to heat up for me but once I get them close to the range they feel good.

I can get the laptimes close with both tyres so it's going to be what I feel is best as a race tyre for me.
hards fell awful everytime i put them on my car

Barker95

May 26, 2015
I've also tried a mix of both compounds but haven't really had a chance to properly test it. Only did a few laps.
stuck in the 47s atm nothing i change seems to help and i have to use the softs or i spin every 2 corners

RRacerF4N

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 30, 2017
First laps in Daytona. First time since Gran turismo 6 for ps3 :rolleyes: The track feels very different.

I'm not comfortable at all. Many spuns, lack of lateral grip sometimes. Difficult to low from 48. I need to find a better set up

Btw: what is the right way to enter in the pits? I'm not sure.

ILRT_NICK-NITRO

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
stuck in the 47s atm nothing i change seems to help and i have to use the softs or i spin every 2 corners
Are you still in the bmw? If you are mate I’ve got a setup I can send you over to have a play with, will Send it next time I’m on

JeanKhury

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 28, 2019
Im doing low 46 atm, haven’t done any race practice, only stints. By the way @Mhill can I change my car to the merc?

Mhill

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018
Im doing low 46 atm, haven’t done any race practice, only stints. By the way @Mhill can I change my car to the merc?
Yeah np but you loose your points for the season and you can only change once

MATARANG

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 13, 2019
I’m way off the pace and I don’t know why, I’ve tried every approach I can find, watched others laps etc, and I can’t beat 1:49’s on full fuel, then I come here and people are depressed about doing 1:46/7’s :oops: That’s offline because I get kicked out of every private online lobby I attempt to use after 10 mins for some reason :mad:

Getting fed up with it now frankly, I’m braking and changing gear in the same spots, driving the same lines, reaching similar top speeds on the straights etc etc to every single lap I’ve watched and yet still somehow remain three seconds off all of their, and your times. I’ve tried 5 different setups. I’m out of ideas now completely.

RRacerF4N

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 30, 2017
I’m way off the pace and I don’t know why, I’ve tried every approach I can find, watched others laps etc, and I can’t beat 1:49’s on full fuel, then I come here and people are depressed about doing 1:46/7’s :oops: That’s offline because I get kicked out of every private online lobby I attempt to use after 10 mins for some reason :mad:

Getting fed up with it now frankly, I’m braking and changing gear in the same spots, driving the same lines, reaching similar top speeds on the straights etc etc to every single lap I’ve watched and yet still somehow remain three seconds off all of their, and your times. I’ve tried 5 different setups. I’m out of ideas now completely.
For me it's difficult to beat the 48 barrier. I'm feel off the pace so... you are a not alone :confused:

MATARANG

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 13, 2019
For me it's difficult to beat the 48 barrier. I'm feel off the pace so... you are a not alone :confused:
It makes no sense, a single second or something I could understand, I’d just need more practice and maybe the tyres weren’t right yet etc, but three seconds away from everyone and no setup changes in any direction helping in any way whatsoever just doesn’t add up. It’s a simple track, I’m driving the lap the same as everyone, wtf lol!?

JeanKhury

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 28, 2019
It makes no sense, a single second or something I could understand, I’d just need more practice and maybe the tyres weren’t right yet etc, but three seconds away from everyone and no setup changes in any direction helping in any way whatsoever just doesn’t add up. It’s a simple track, I’m driving the lap the same as everyone, wtf lol!?
Im gonna do a lobby right now, try and join

Mhill

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018

I wouldn't use offline. That will work completely different to online. It's so far off it's not even funny. If you want to practice and have trouble with online lobbies set your own up you can even set it up with a capacity of 1 if you want to practice alone. But I wouldn't practice offline there isn't any point.

MATARANG

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 13, 2019
I wouldn't use offline. That will work completely different to online. It's so far off it's not even funny. If you want to practice and have trouble with online lobbies set your own up you can even set it up with a capacity of 1 if you want to practice alone. But I wouldn't practice offline there isn't any point.
I was doing that but it was kicking me, the online times are still 1:49.1’s after a few laps tops.

Barker95

May 26, 2015

This happens to me a lot for some reason and I don't know how to stop it. When I connect via a cable rather than wfi it does it less but it still happens. I don't think it is my connection as any other game I never lag or get disconnected.