PS4 - AOR GT3 S12 - PS4 Tier 5 - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S12 - PS4 Tier 5 - Main Thread

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
@Andy81287 @AniHu @BenGMan @DirtenDK @Foffy53 @Fred Ogega @FSR_PHIL66 @Khaled77 @Killg0re NL @Kingma @Leck3000 @Michel--NL @MISFITmusicINC @Tin32 @Tom harper @Wimstradamus

Ok guys, now that we are starting race 4 we want to point out some of the rules about disconnects and no shows. In the past season we didn't actively monitored drivers who disconnected or couldn't make it to the race. There where a lot of complaints by other drivers that we needed to follow the rules.
So this season we will be monitoring drivers who disconnects during the race or don't show up with or without an reason.
With the sign up you told us that you can race regularly on Wednesday nights and we wanted to remind you on that ;)

In he results spreadsheet you can find your own DSC and DNS. Count it and you know if you are in the danger zone. Drivers who are one step away from being removed as main driver and being placed as reserve or even placed on the blacklist will get an PM from there tier coordinator.
There is no use for the other drivers to warn other people, because you don't know why someone disconnected or did not take part of the race. The coordinator from your tier has the final word on this ;)

Below you find an short version of the rules about attending, quitting and the reprimand system.

3.4 Rage-quitting

● Deliberately quitting the race in any way - whether that is by quitting through the pause menu, getting yourself disqualified or deliberately crashing your car - is not allowed, unless you have a very good reason to do so. Accepted reasons for quitting could be that you are a danger to other drivers on track due to poor driving or connection issues. Quitting because you "couldn't be bothered" or due to being angry at something - rage-quitting, in other words - are not good reasons.

● Excuses such as 'poor driving' and 'connection issues' will be monitored. These are not a get-out of jail free cards if you can't be bothered. Poor driving is occasional, if perhaps life has been unkind and you haven't had as much time to practice. However, turning up each week having not practised, and therefore not enjoying your racing because you're struggling will see you put under review. We don't expect every driver to complete a certain amount of practice each week, but we expect you to be able to control your car and be safe on track. Also the more practice you do, the more competitive you are.

● Connection issues can strike anybody, but drivers who are continually unable to race safely due to connection will be removed from the league - see Connection and Lag under Participation.

4.1 Missing races

● When informing the Coordinator of your absence, a proper reason must be given for why you can't attend. No-showing a race because you don't like the track, because you "can't be bothered", or other similar reasons are not accepted and you position in the league will be put under review immediately. You be allowed 3 informed absences per season, if you reach 3 then you will have a conversation with your coordinator about your participation in the league. If your social life/work/school is taking up more time than you anticipated then we may consider a reserve role for you. Ultimately we can also decide that it's best if you withdraw from the league completely. Drivers are required to regularly race on race day as part of the sign-up process.

5.5 Reprimand system

While the race penalties and penalty points system are aimed at dealing with on-track issues, the reprimand system deals with issues that may occur off the track.

If you receive 3 reprimands, you're out. Receiving 3 reprimands would also see you placed on the blacklist, meaning you would not be allowed to return to the leagues in the future.

You can receive a reprimand for the following:
● No-showing a race without giving prior notice to the League Coordinator
● Rage-quitting or deliberately crashing out of the session for no good reason (as specified in rule 3.4)
● Showing abusive behaviour towards another driver, either in the race lobby or on the forum

Note that if we encounter situations where someone's behaviour gets completely out of hand and is extremely serious, a ban may be applied directly regardless of reprimands accumulated.

FSR_PHIL66

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Dec 27, 2018
Where do we find the tables and rules regarding next race I have heard it's a reverse grid of the championship positions?

Fred Ogega

GP2 1st Driver
Apr 27, 2016
Where do we find the tables and rules regarding next race I have heard it's a reverse grid of the championship positions?
the road america race thread..

Reactions: Michel--NL

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Sadly @BenGMan has decided to leave us for this season. For now we don't have any reserve drivers, so hope everyone will be there for the upcoming races (y)

Reactions: BDG_Geo

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Hi guys. A few will know me from racing PC's and F1 in the past. Any chance of joining the league to make up numbers?

FSR_PHIL66

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Dec 27, 2018
Michel, I will not be able to race wed 27 March due to a large booking at out restaurant. I will be back following week

• Informative
Reactions: Michel--NL

Andy81287

Formula 3 Test Driver
AOR Commentator
Oct 2, 2014
Yeah on the back of Phil's post it looks like I will be missing due to my work shift having me on a back shift, going to try do something bout it, due some time back but very doubtful be around for Daytona, back for the last two weeks though if not. If it changes will let you know asap

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Michel, I will not be able to race wed 27 March due to a large booking at out restaurant. I will be back following week
Thanks for letting me know (y)
Yeah on the back of Phil's post it looks like I will be missing due to my work shift having me on a back shift, going to try do something bout it, due some time back but very doubtful be around for Daytona, back for the last two weeks though if not. If it changes will let you know asap
Let me know if you could get it changed.

Reactions: Andy81287

Tom harper

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 17, 2017
Hi every one i am going to have to pull out of the rest of this season.
Sorry to do this and hopefully see you next season

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Hi every one i am going to have to pull out of the rest of this season.
Sorry to do this and hopefully see you next season
Very sorry to hear that Tom. I don't hope any big problems for you.
Send you an PM, could you answer that?

Reactions: Tom harper