PS4 - AOR GT3 S12 - PS4 Tier 5 - Round 3 - Long Beach - 20.02.19 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S12 - PS4 Tier 5 - Round 3 - Long Beach - 20.02.19 @8pm UK time

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Question: is crossing into the pit exit lane after the front straight illegal?
No it is not as written in this post.

Round 3 - Long Beach
Driver briefing

Track Limits

For this track we didn't find any potential corner cutting which could not get recognized by the in-game track limit detection. Therefore all parts of the track the in-game track limits apply.

Pit Entry
The pit entry at Long Beach is very close after the exit of the final turn (hairpin) and requires hard braking at a section of track where cars not entering the pits will be on full throttle. It is strongly advised to try to ensure that any drivers alongside or immediately behind you are aware that you intend to enter the pits on that lap. This can be by either:
  • Informing the driver via voice chat.
    • With a short message such as: "P5 pitting this lap" (try not to assume that others will recognise your car from only your voice/name)
  • Flashing your lights a few times in the final section of track.
    • If you do flash your lights to inform of an intended pit entry, then you must make an attempt to enter the pits. Flashing your lights in most other situations is forbidden by the rules.
  • Keeping to the inside/right during and while exiting the final hairpin.
    • As this is not the normal racing line, this should help avoid the situation where a car behind on full throttle does not have time to react.
Pit Exit
The pit exit at Long Beach leads the exiting car directly onto a section of track which is commonly used as the normal racing line for cars on approach to turn 1 (picture below), and can easily lead to incidents if drivers on track are not fully aware that a car is exiting.
View attachment 71419

During the race; cars exiting the pits have priority over the pitlane, and it is the responsibility of the driver passing the pits to ensure there is no contact, it is strongly advised for all drivers to run with the 'track map' section of the HUD visible, and to check for people exiting the pits using that, before committing to taking the racing line which crosses onto the pit exit.

However, it is also advised that drivers exiting the pits should try to help ensure that others are aware they are, by either:
  • Informing the driver via voice chat.
    • With a short message such as: "P10 exiting pits" (try not to assume that others will recognise your car from only your voice/name)
  • Flashing your lights a few times after you have exited your box but before the pit limiter line.
    • As it is a night race, this is usually quite visible, despite the pit wall blocking direct view.
During qualifying; cars on track, and on a flying lap, have priority over cars exiting the pits to begin an outlap. To reduce the likelihood of issues, people planning to exit the pits are strongly advised to either:
  • First use the 'Monitor' section from the pits, to view the full track map, to ensure that there should be a significant section of free track to pull out into.
  • Exit the pits very slowly (or stop your car before the section that crosses the racing line), and check for cars approaching using the 'relative' display on the HUD, before continuing.

General information
As this is a night race, drivers are reminded of the rules covering the requirement for having working/active headlights at all times:

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
That is all good n fair. But what about race? Who has priority in turn 1??? :unsure:
During the race? I think the one who is going ahead into the turn. But I think it is asking for damage if you go together into the turn.

Khaled77

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 25, 2016
During the race? I think the one who is going ahead into the turn. But I think it is asking for damage if you go together into the turn.
It can get very close. I guess no one will be saying after you :p

Andy81287

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 2, 2014
Enjoy the race tomorrow guys, quite annoyed to be missing this as on full fuel i know could do 1.19/1.20 although this was during the day, not tried night but feel would have been close. See you all next week at Road America

Fred Ogega

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 27, 2016
That is all good n fair. But what about race? Who has priority in turn 1??? :unsure:
During the race; cars exiting the pits have priority over the pitlane, and it is the responsibility of the driver passing the pits to ensure there is no contact, it is strongly advised for all drivers to run with the 'track map' section of the HUD visible, and to check for people exiting the pits using that, before committing to taking the racing line which crosses onto the pit exit.

Killg0re NL

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 14, 2018
Also, take notice/read briefing, when ENTERING the pitlane, it is straight after the hairpin.

Fred Ogega

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 27, 2016
:mad::cry: a week of preparation gone down the drain..... got loose on corner exit, tagged by someone chasing from behind and ended up on my roof..... without an assigned reset to track button, i was left with no option but to retire.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Results are updated (y)

Khaled77

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 25, 2016
Race of two halves for me... qualified 10th but avoided all incidents and was upto 4th chasing @AniHu hard. I got to lap 23 with zero damage on the car. Then when i saw @Michel--NL coming back through the field i decided to pit to cover him and keep track position. Missed my braking point fiddling with strategy menu and ran into tyre wall. Game over. Was so angry with my self. Dammit @Michel--NL you pressured me into a mistake again!!! :LOL:

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Race of two halves for me... qualified 10th but avoided all incidents and was upto 4th chasing @AniHu hard. I got to lap 23 with zero damage on the car. Then when i saw @Michel--NL coming back through the field i decided to pit to cover him and keep track position. Missed my braking point fiddling with strategy menu and ran into tyre wall. Game over. Was so angry with my self. Dammit @Michel--NL you pressured me into a mistake again!!! :LOL:
Really sorry for that...I did miss you :love:

Khaled77

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 25, 2016
Really sorry for that...I did miss you :love:
Yeah it was gonna get close again if i pitted normally. I set my strategy to fix aero damage only. I was surprised to get to half distance without a scratch! Pace also was not bad consistent 20’s... big shame

MISFITmusicINC

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 27, 2018
That was fun glad to be back.
Even though I creamed #58 going into turn one, so that was cool. Sorry man. Found my groove eventually, started looking in my marks. Love that track but it really is a game of inches there.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Q: 3
R: 4

The start was ok. Left some space open for @BenGMan and he took it. Then the second lap he spun and sorry @BenGMan I couldn't avoid you, it was just going to quick and I thought you where going to end in the right barrier, but then you crossed over the left. Tried a couple of lap with the suspension damage, but my engine was overheating so needed to pits. Coming out of the pits I was in 10th place. Luckily for me there where no cars behind me who wanted to lap me, so I could start pushing to make up some time.
I even made it up to seconds place :). Then I had @MISFITmusicINC in front of me and on the straight I focused to much on him and missed my breakpoint and touched the wall....O man so stupid :mad: Had to pit again. At then end I crossed the finish line in 4th place with a little help from @Tin32 who run out of gas..Never trust the game setup with fuel ;)

Reactions: Khaled77

MISFITmusicINC

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 27, 2018
I think this is gonna be a good season. All but on driver had their fast lap within under a second. Looking forward to next week.

Fred Ogega

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 27, 2016
with a little help from @Tin32 who run out of gas..Never trust the game setup with fuel ;)
yeah, the game fuel calculation almost always ends up a liter or about a lap down on what one needs. I usually put in a lap or two more of fuel than the calculated estimate... i do not think the extra fuel weight would affect overall lap time in comparison to the time lost in pitting.

Wimstradamus

Premium Member
Premium Member
May 7, 2016
Q P1
R P1

My best session ever I guess, in Quali I was 0.6 sec faster than my pb.
Race was perfect, some smal brake mistakes but no damage and consistent pace.
I just want to mention that you guys that got a blue flag where perfect, good, smart points to let me by. Thanks

BenGMan

Pro Karter
Dec 28, 2018
Q: 3
R: 4

The start was ok. Left some space open for @BenGMan and he took it. Then the second lap he spun and sorry @BenGMan I couldn't avoid you, it was just going to quick and I thought you where going to end in the right barrier, but then you crossed over the left. Tried a couple of lap with the suspension damage, but my engine was overheating so needed to pits. Coming out of the pits I was in 10th place. Luckily for me there where no cars behind me who wanted to lap me, so I could start pushing to make up some time.
I even made it up to seconds place :). Then I had @MISFITmusicINC in front of me and on the straight I focused to much on him and missed my breakpoint and touched the wall....O man so stupid :mad: Had to pit again. At then end I crossed the finish line in 4th place with a little help from @Tin32 who run out of gas..Never trust the game setup with fuel ;)

My bad mate dont worry about it. Didnt practice enough with high fuel and wasnt used to the extra weight