PS4 - AOR GT3 S12 - PS4 Tier 5 - Round 4 - Road America - 27.02.19 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S12 - PS4 Tier 5 - Round 4 - Road America - 27.02.19 @8pm UK time

Wimstradamus

AOR PS4 GT3 S12 T5 Champion
Premium Member
May 7, 2016
What sort of times are people setting? Only done a handful of laps, can get 2.11, sure with practice could do 2.10s
Quali lap i can do in 2.09 (fresh tyres, low fuel) full tank run 2.12-ish
But struggling with tyre temps, so i dont think i can keep that pace.

MISFITmusicINC

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 27, 2018
It’s a long lap and v hard to get it all perfect. Hv u tried less downforce?
Yeah it's crazy didn't change my setup at all, I can watch my Delta jump from zero to 3/10s as soon as I'm on the second straight, up to a full second by the end of it lol. It's the stangest thing I've ever seen. I'll again today if I can. It's crazy man. I have a pretty good Pace, but I know I can get another full second out of that straight. Somehow? Lol

Reactions: Khaled77

Khaled77

GP2 Test Driver
Jul 25, 2016
Yeah it's crazy didn't change my setup at all, I can watch my Delta jump from zero to 3/10s as soon as I'm on the second straight, up to a full second by the end of it lol. It's the stangest thing I've ever seen. I'll again today if I can. It's crazy man. I have a pretty good Pace, but I know I can get another full second out of that straight. Somehow? Lol
Mustve been an insane exit speed :D

Reactions: MISFITmusicINC

Wimstradamus

AOR PS4 GT3 S12 T5 Champion
Premium Member
May 7, 2016
Are you sure it was laptime, I get confused somtimes because the delta shows best lap or potential lap.
Loosing a second on that straight is too much for just a bad exit.

MISFITmusicINC

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 27, 2018
Are you sure it was laptime, I get confused somtimes because the delta shows best lap or potential lap.
Loosing a second on that straight is too much for just a bad exit.
Yeah that's what's so crazy. The rest of my lap was very consistent. Maybe there was a glitch in the delta. A whole second seems outrageous, I know. I bet it was a glitch. But believe you me I'm gonna try and get a second off that section

Reactions: Khaled77

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
Yeah that's what's so crazy. The rest of my lap was very consistent. Maybe there was a glitch in the delta. A whole second seems outrageous, I know. I bet it was a glitch. But believe you me I'm gonna try and get a second off that section
no glitch - that corner is worth a second, the margin between +1 and -1 is tiny

• Informative
Reactions: MISFITmusicINC

Foffy53

Pro Karter
Jun 19, 2018
  • Informative
Reactions: Michel--NL

BenGMan

Pro Karter
Dec 28, 2018
  • What?
Reactions: NICK-NITRO

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Sorry but if I had know the races would

Very sorry Mate but If i had know there would be 90 minute races I widnt have signed up bcuz I cant dont have the time to do that Im sorry.
It's in the league information thread ;)
● Race night format:
  • Qualifying: 10 minutes
  • Race: 1 hour in laps. Extended races for round 4 and 8 of 1.5 hour in laps.
  • Race 4 and 8 will see a grid based on reverse championship standings
So you are saying you can't do both 90 minutes races? Then I have to place you as reserve driver and promote @Geo as main driver. Being an reserve is not an big problem if you look at @Geo's races (3 out of 3 raced) ;)

Reactions: BDG_Geo

Tom harper

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 17, 2017
It's in the league information thread ;)

So you are saying you can't do both 90 minutes races? Then I have to place you as reserve driver and promote @Geo as main driver. Being an reserve is not an big problem if you look at @Geo's races (3 out of 3 raced) ;)

So what's the update starting order for tonight?

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
@Andy81287 @AniHu @BenGMan @DirtenDK @Foffy53 @Fred Ogega @FSR_PHIL66 @Khaled77 @Killg0re NL @Kingma @Leck3000 @Michel--NL @MISFITmusicINC @Tin32 @Tom harper @Wimstradamus @Geo

Reverse startingorder:
To get into the right position for race is quite simple. When the lights go out, everyone starts to drive at a speed of around 10mph (16kph) and stay as far to the edge of the track as they can. This will give room in the middle of the track for cars to pass. Everyone start to look after the car they are supposed to behind and fall inline behind that car. We have tried this before and everyone should be in the correct place before sector 1 is completed on the formation lap. Once everyone are in place, we will continue with the normal formation lap (55mph, warming tyres and brakes up to formation point). It is easy to see on the mini-map when everyone looks to be in place.

DirtenDK

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 9, 2018
After two disappointing weeks on my part, i've been focusing much more on consistency than speed for this race. Hope it pays off, since i'm not exactly proud of how those last two races went! Really looking forward to tonights race, i haven't raced at Road America before. Great track!

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
It's an nice track but also tricky with some curbs :eek:

Reactions: Foffy53