PS4 - AOR GT3 S12 - PS4 Tier 5 - Round 6 - Nürburgring GP - 13.03.19 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S12 - PS4 Tier 5 - Round 6 - Nürburgring GP - 13.03.19 @8pm UK time

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016

ROUND 6 - Nürburgring GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday March 13th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
Qualifying: 10 minutes​
Race: 31 laps (1 formation lap + 30 race laps)​
● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Center

● In-game time-of-day information:
Date: 14/07/19​
Qualifying time: 13:00 (PM)​
Race start time: 14:00 (PM)​
Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:
-

Fred Ogega

GP2 1st Driver
Apr 27, 2016
kept thinking that it has been a while since the last rainy race..... better start practicing swimming early (at least its not a combination of rain and night)

Reactions: MISFITmusicINC

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018

Andy81287

Formula 3 Test Driver
AOR Commentator
Oct 2, 2014
Full wet race, hmmm if I can do what I done at Monza before it dried up, and avoid mistakes this could be a decent race, pace at Monza was good in the rain but mistakes cost me so we shall see, will be a tricky race regardless

MISFITmusicINC

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 27, 2018
How are the puddles? I wasn't expecting to have to practice much. But.. rain. So.. here we are.
Might just have to sign up for the practice race tomorrow. Sucks this track is gonna be in the wet.

Andy81287

Formula 3 Test Driver
AOR Commentator
Oct 2, 2014
How are the puddles? I wasn't expecting to have to practice much. But.. rain. So.. here we are.
Might just have to sign up for the practice race tomorrow. Sucks this track is gonna be in the wet.
Quick practice I did only puddles where the right hand kink before the final chicane, avoid like the black plauge

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Puddles should be ok..if not then you can blame it on me...I tested it :eek:

MISFITmusicINC

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 27, 2018
Actually a pretty fun wet race. Gotta really be up on the wheel to be fast. I can't maintain good speed too long. Start going on autopilot and mistakes are made. I'd say this race is gonna come down to who's more mentally present.

Buckle up ladies and gentlemen, it's gonna be a wild ride!
*cue intro music

Fred Ogega

GP2 1st Driver
Apr 27, 2016
@MISFITmusicINC , well done, really really enjoyed chasing after you for the 2nd stint after pitstop, i believe from lap 18 all the way to the end. i was gaining on sector 1 but you had me beat on sector 3, could not keep up with you from turn 11 onto the kink of 12 and final chicane. i was already content with 3rd place and just enjoying keeping the pressure up, i was certain that if i somehow made it past you, i would end up driving constantly looking behind and crumble under pressure. Last lap, last chichane, you made an error and i managed to slip by into 2nd.

@Michel--NL , you should award @MISFITmusicINC an extra point for most places gained during a race! :cool:

Andy81287

Formula 3 Test Driver
AOR Commentator
Oct 2, 2014
To say am happy is an understatement, after what happened at road America with the disconnect this has been a long time coming.

However I did not expect pole position as the first laps I done in the dry were the two qually laps I put in so that was a nice surprise, chucked the road America set up on and off it went.

The start was key and when I got ahead and pulled a gap it was about maintaining it, I was always worried of a mistake or someone getting up to P2 with some serious pace, for me all the fighting behind help me out.

Was always pitting for tyres, made that mistake two seasons back at Rupuna while leading (the only other race I have taken pole at and also a wet race, I see a theme here) and when rejoined P3 with the two ahead still to stop I was confident.

To bag fastest lap was the icing on the cake, tried so hard to win and to finally do so is a relief tbh.

Good race from all, looked close behind me, here's to catalunya

MISFITmusicINC

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 27, 2018
Q15
R3

Lots of fun out there. First I wanna thank you guys for bringing the quality racing each and every week, mods and driver's both.

I had a terrible qual time I just couldn't find any speed, I had guys coming up from seconds behind me every lap. Maybe I was still using my wet braking points, but I thought this was gonna be a bad one for me at that point.

In practice I was pushing real hard and ate my tires up way too much, so I decided to try to keep it smooth and steady to try to avoid spins. That's pretty much how I got up to second, avoid crashes, no real hero driving, a few clean passes, most came from putting a little pressure and waiting for a mistake.

Turns out it was one of those pressured mistakes that lost me 2nd place last lap braking inti the last chicane. After I had pitted and got some fresh rubber I noticed Fred was behind me about 3 seconds, okay stay cool we are good at this point. Ran about five laps like this, no traffic, again lucky. With about ten to go he had got within a second, and that's where it started. From there to the end of the race he was filling up my rear view mirror waiting for me to slip up. In the S curve after the hairpin, I could distance a good bit, but by the time we got back around there he was right on my bumper again. We played this game for a while and I thought it was in the bag. I was pushing pretty hard St this point and it finally bit me, lost the tail end braking for the chicane and ended up facing the wrong way.

Anyways this was my first podium finish so I'm pretty happy with it, hope Fred had as much fun as I did. Congrats @Andy and @fred for the good finishes. Thanks to all for the good race.

Kingma

Pro Karter
Jan 20, 2019
Sorry guys, I got disconnected, it seemed like it was a problem with my provider, since also our TV and other computers had no connection for a short moment while my local file server did not experience any downtime. I still checked everything but it all looks fine and as usual, so everything should be okay for zolder.
So than it leaves me to congratulate @Andy81287 with his first AOR win, really good job, you had some blistering pace, and till next week everyone!

Fred Ogega

GP2 1st Driver
Apr 27, 2016
Anyways this was my first podium finish so I'm pretty happy with it, hope Fred had as much fun as I did
Thanks @Fred Ogega , good stuff man! I've been looking for you on the track but you've been so fast compared. Found you today though!
@MISFITmusicINC , it was an exhilarating race. Congratulations on your first podium, this season (you won spa last season, right?), the temptation was great to dive to the inside on turn 1 and go for an overtake, but there was no way i would have survived the pressure afterwards. things have really turned around after switching from the z4 to the ferrari. looking forward to more battles in the future

MISFITmusicINC

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 27, 2018
@MISFITmusicINC , it was an exhilarating race. Congratulations on your first podium, this season (you won spa last season, right?), the temptation was great to dive to the inside on turn 1 and go for an overtake, but there was no way i would have survived the pressure afterwards. things have really turned around after switching from the z4 to the ferrari. looking forward to more battles in the future
You know, I might have won Spa now that I think about it. It was right after I did a 2hour Enduro there so remember being comfortable.
No, I was waiting for you to make a move on t1, you were out-braking me so much, I just tried to sit my ass right in the middle of the road to make it tough on you :p