PC - AOR GT3 S13 - PC Tier 3 - Round 4: Le Mans 24H - 26.06.19 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S13 - PC Tier 3 - Round 4: Le Mans 24H - 26.06.19 @8PM UK Time

Evangelist

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2018
I'm so f.. in angry. The new private lobby thing broke my steam. Every time i pressed my accelerator it would open the invites i had received. I had no choice but to try reconnecting my wheel and pedals which stopped them working completely. I have put in a ton of practice for this race, it's a track i didn't know and had to learn 30 corners wet and dry for sweet FA just cos you changed the system.
I realise the fault is probably with my steam, it's never happened before, I've not used it in VR for a long time, but if you don't give me time to test it how would i know.
Anyway good luck to the rest of you racing. goodnight.

Ps if anyone knows how to stop it please let me know...

GromozekA

Pro Karter
Jan 8, 2019
I'm so f.. in angry. The new private lobby thing broke my steam. Every time i pressed my accelerator it would open the invites i had received. I had no choice but to try reconnecting my wheel and pedals which stopped them working completely. I have put in a ton of practice for this race, it's a track i didn't know and had to learn 30 corners wet and dry for sweet FA just cos you changed the system.
I realise the fault is probably with my steam, it's never happened before, I've not used it in VR for a long time, but if you don't give me time to test it how would i know.

It used to happen to me when I'd recenter my VR headset until I disabled Steam overlay. Maybe it'll help. You don't lose any functionality of Steam (achievements, friends, etc.) but the overlay doesn't show up anymore on random buttons.

Reactions: Evangelist

Pirate

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Dec 7, 2017
It was the first time for me I was one of the fast guys starting in the back in these reverse grid races, and it was a great experience! Had very fun battles and a super clean race. Congrats to @nobby101 for a great win.

Reactions: Welchy10

Evangelist

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2018
It used to happen to me when I'd recenter my VR headset until I disabled Steam overlay. Maybe it'll help. You don't lose any functionality of Steam (achievements, friends, etc.) but the overlay doesn't show up anymore on random buttons.

Yes I disabled steam overlay and enabled do not disturb in the steam vr settings. I hope that cures it.
I will be ready next week.

morphee7

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2018

im in vr and i have an issue were if i press my accelerator it would open up the steam window to invite people to the lobby on my main monitor screen so i couldnt select anythin ingame until i close the invite window, but ive never had the issue were it would open the game invite windows

Na Scoitear

AOR PC GT3 S13 T3 Champion
Premium Member
May 16, 2019
Congrats @nobby101 for a fine drive (y) That was another great race and the weather changes really add another dimension to the game so kudos to whoever chose the conditions and time of day! I couldn't believe how fast the Mercedes was down the straights in the dry at the start and made up a number of positions early but when I came in the pits the game held me in my garage for what seemed like forever whilst cars were coming by and I lost some time there.

Was going well in the wet and not far off @nobby101 for the lead but then had a spin in the first sector and compounded that error by spinning again as I tried to accelerate, could feel my heart pounding after that as I knew @Welchy10 had stopped for slicks and was hunting me down! Sure enough he caught me pretty soon and though I defended against him for 1 lap he was much too quick for me in the final sector so well done and congrats with P2. Have to mention @morphee7 for a great bit of driving with 2 laps to go with myself and welchy bearing down on him into 1 of the trickier turns! That could easily have ended in tears for all 3 of us(y)Really enjoying the season so far and the fairness everyone shows each other is great to see!

morphee7

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2018
well i have to say what a fun and enjoyable race and i have to say what a fantastic job it seemed on the formation lap onlt downside was the acceleration point a tiny bit being missed but wasnt a biggy but i think a couple jumped the gun,
well my first few laps were great fun but man i suffered on the straights and dropped 2 places from 2nd, and then the fun started with me, @PhantomHamster , @Mearcat and @Masesox that was a great battle for a few laps until i spun in the porche curves.
after regathering myself and started to gain pace again until the rain started and pitted but on my out lap i spun on the exit of the right hander onto the first fast straight :confused:
then on lap @DJesse_GamingNL has a spin in the porche curves on lap 8 or 9 and i couldnt quite avoid him and gave me slight susspension damage and 19 front aero which ended up killing me on the straights. i had a couple of battles later on but as soon as i hit the straights with anyone they left me standing so finishing 15th after all that isnt too bad im working my way up

Welchy10

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 25, 2017
It was the first time for me I was one of the fast guys starting in the back in these reverse grid races, and it was a great experience! Had very fun battles and a super clean race. Congrats to @nobby101 for a great win.
that was a crazy impressive laptime you did to! Quicker than virtually all of T2 and some of T1 ! lol

Pirate

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Dec 7, 2017
that was a crazy impressive laptime you did to! Quicker than virtually all of T2 and some of T1 ! lol
Probably because I was one of the few people who pitted for softs at the end. Which was a mistake, but luckily it didnt affect my position at the end.