PS4 - AOR GT3 S13 - PS4 Tier 2 - Round 1 - Imola - 05.06.19 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S13 - PS4 Tier 2 - Round 1 - Imola - 05.06.19 @8pm UK time

Will Friedmann

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 1, 2019
Q 7 - R 6

I'm a bit disappointed of my skills tonight.
Firstly, I made the same as US cops chasing a car in a pousuit but not intentionally ofc. Blaming myself and waiting for my "victim" to regain his position. Lost something like 10 seconds here.
Secondly, a self-made mistake, being all alone on the track (so no stress to have) but the McLaren decided to spin where it usually never does... And...another 10 seconds in the process.
Maybe I could have fight for a podium without these things, who knows...
Sorry again to the driver I punt off at the chicane. Can't tell who it was, someone in a Bentley iirc. My bad mate.

Last edited:

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
I'm a bit disappointed of my skills tonight.
Firstly, I made the same as US cops chasing a car in a pousuit but not intentionally ofc. Blaming myself and waiting for my "victim" to regain his position. Lost something like 10 seconds here.
Secondly, a self-made mistake, being all alone on the track (so no stress to have) but the McLaren decided to spin where it usually never does... And...another 10 seconds in the process.
Maybe I could have fight for a podium without these things, who knows...
Sorry again to the driver I punt off at the chicane. Can't tell who it was, someone in a Bentley iirc. My bad mate.
It was me mate, no worries I appreciate you letting me back past. It was probably not the best place to try and pass me but you were much quicker than me at the time so can understand getting frustrated at being held up. Cost me a bit of time as well but I ended up 5th and don't think I would have been any higher even without the crash so no harm done.

Will Friedmann

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 1, 2019
It was me mate, no worries I appreciate you letting me back past. It was probably not the best place to try and pass me but you were much quicker than me at the time so can understand getting frustrated at being held up. Cost me a bit of time as well but I ended up 5th and don't think I would have been any higher even without the crash so no harm done.
The thing is that I didn't even meant to pass you there. I just took the chicane better than you and ended up right on your left rear. I've also planned to pit very soon seeing I was stuck behind you, but you did the pit first ahah.

All is saved for life here anyway (y).

Key moments:
26mn05 -> noob start
26mn40 -> @Slicker in troubles...
27mn43 -> @kovy34 that was close o_O
30mn00 -> unintentional dive on @JR-Lock-N-Load (I actually missed my braking point and was just praying for JR to not turn on the left seeing me. Drama avoided, thanks :) )
38mn00 -> Dan heavy/unusual long brake...serving a warning for track limits?
38mn10 -> Dan heavy/unusual long brake...serving a warning for track limits?
40mn38 -> Pit stop planned
41mn51 -> the cop catches the Bentley
42mn23 -> Pit stop cancelled (when Dan actually decided to go in right in front of me)
64mn04 -> the spin :LOL:

Last edited:

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
Q 11 R 9 , Tifosi not happy...

Car lacked grip compared to practice and my lap times reflected this being n the 47s and 48s compared to 46s as day before. Although i got up to 4th at one point I went backwards from there, though I fought tooth and nail with whoever it was that came near me and had good fair fights that also cost me time but was very good hard racing. On to the next, need a result already lol Thanks everyone!

Reactions: Slicker and Freggel

Billiejoe97g

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T2 Champion
May 25, 2019
Nice race everyone, I had lots of fun
And really happy for my team mate
As for my race I panicked a little during the start of the race seeing the white ferrari lapping so fast, and while pushing I took air in the slow chicane and did some minor damage to the suspension, losing I think 7/8 tenths a lap
But anyway 1/2 for the team, so I am delighted with the result of the race
See you in the next one

Reactions: kovy34 and Slicker

JR-Lock-N-Load

GP2 Test Driver
Mar 27, 2019
The thing is that I didn't even meant to pass you there. I just took the chicane better than you and ended up right on your left rear. I've also planned to pit very soon seeing I was stuck behind you, but you did the pit first ahah.

Key moments:
26mn05 -> noob start
30mn00 -> unintentional dive on @JR-Lock-N-Load (I actually missed my braking point and was just praying for JR to not turn on the left seeing me. Drama avoided, thanks :) )
42mn23 -> Pit stop cancelled (when Dan actually decided to go in right in front of me)
I did see you coming in the Mirror & turned in later minimal contact .. I was doing 45s with full fuel in practice And struggled to do 46s in Race ... I span out damaged the car otherwise I would of love to have though for top 10 .. one mistake and that’s p15 this will be a difficult tier no doubts by the looks of it no one made a mistake and thos who did Quit out so a lonely race for me .. only encouragement was that while been blue flagged I could keep up with the fast guys means very little when your a lap down but hey I hate the track and the car is tricky 4 me Congrads to the top 3 + teammate Essa + and the rest of the feild who stuck with it till the end

Reactions: Slicker

JR-Lock-N-Load

GP2 Test Driver
Mar 27, 2019
i would have taken a spin on the F Lap and rejoin at the back rather than damaged suspension and a Good Minute in pit not to mention getting it there .... no one want to spin out on the F Lap i am always Lean fuel and High TC While forming up

Reactions: Freggel

kovy34

Formula Karter
May 22, 2019

Key moments:
26mn05 -> noob start
I gotta brake early because of Bentley in front of me, luckily i saw you in the mirror and moved to the left while you moving to the right. :)

JR-Lock-N-Load

GP2 Test Driver
Mar 27, 2019
This was so close ahah
thing is i though i had braked pretty late turns out i did not ..i seen you all the way mate i was trying to brake the draft up the start finish only thing that pissed me off was i got a contact warning i did not think we even touched but ok .. also after my spin i was a lap down and you all caught me up i was only blue flagged once the hole time i did my best not to slow anyone up i felt like i could have un-lapped myself at first but i dont want to be that Guy that ruins someone ele's race to gain absolutely nothing

Reactions: Slicker

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Qually - P4
Never could get really going in qually, threw away my last lap :( Was Happy to start the season on the 2nd Row though .
Race - P7
Loads of confusion at the start of the race. Just a huge Cock up , which put half the field outta sinc and Position for the Start (Check Rules for Formation lap please) . A win by Default it seems . :confused: I really did feel for you though @kovy34, that was so unlucky dropping your Fezza there. Damn unlucky ;)
Got of to a poor start really , and had to defend Turn 1, shutting the door pritty quickly to maintain position in P4. Got up to P3 as a spin by @Essa.Racing at the Chicane. Lap 5 i think . Held P3 the opening laps , and was chipping away time on the lead guys. Decided to pit lap 7 , just to get some space on track. As I was settling down, getting more comfortable with my race pace. I had a little off about lap 10 , costing me 6secs . A mountain to climb to challenge for a Podium here on in . By Lap 21 , the Car was getting more loose by every lap, and thought Im going to be lucky to finish in the Top 10 here !! Car just went from me and seemed to have lost all grip. I hung on till the final lap, but dropped the AMG at Turn 1 , costing me a 2min lap for my final lap. Gutted as I threw away 2 positions with my Clumsy car. P7 was a dissapointing start to the season, considering, my pace was up there till lap 21. Either way its points , and looking for a more competitive show at Donny Park . Congrats to the guys on the Box. See yers all Next Wednesday. (y);)

Reactions: JR-Lock-N-Load

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
@kovy34 just to clarify @C-FOGARTY 's post - the following is a quote from the league rules ( https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-gt3-s13-league-rules-and-regulations.55618/#post-777657 )

• If a driver spins off at any point in the formation lap, they are to hold their position, wait for the train of cars to pass through and re-form at the back of the grid in last position.
i didn't see what happened, but i'm told you attempted to regain your position after going off - unless someone who saw it posts a steward's enquiry , you've probably got away with it this time, but please don't let it happen again

Reactions: FOGGY #7

Will Friedmann

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 1, 2019
Car was getting more loose by every lap, and thought Im going to be lucky to finish in the Top 10 here !! Car just went from me and seemed to have lost all grip. I hung on till the final lap, but dropped the AMG at Turn 1 , costing me a 2min lap for my final lap. Gutted as I threw away 2 positions with my Clumsy car.
Were you on Soft Slicks?

Reactions: FOGGY #7

Will Friedmann

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 1, 2019
I've watched some tutorial videos on youtube yesterday after the race regarding setups and temperatures etc. (yeah I'm a pure rookie with car setups on this game, my McLaren setup is quite close from the default stable one) and realized that track temp is part of the tyre choice. (so I also realized how far are the details regarding these stuffs on this game).
So, like a rookie, I went for soft slicks all race long. But my race pace was pretty much the same from start to finish. Dunno if it could have been better with hards.

Reactions: kovy34 and FOGGY #7