PS4 - AOR GT3 S13 - PS4 Tier 2 - Round 10 - Brno - 07.08.19 @20:00 uk time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S13 - PS4 Tier 2 - Round 10 - Brno - 07.08.19 @20:00 uk time

planettoon

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 31, 2018
I must have missed a trick all season, my best quali and a respectable race with no practice until 19:15 on race night :D

Firstly, thanks to Frank for sharing his setup, default would have sucked!

Quali - P4 - w00t! Well happy with that.
Race - P8
No surprises I dropped back as I was learning the setup with high fuel and tyre wear as the race went on. 3 spins, 2 caused by a nervous twitch on the downshift going from 3rd to 1st, and another the backend of mine and @Billiejoe97g car's just went on the same corner.

I had some good battles on track as well, really enjoyed it and after the car change to the Lambo the season was fun. Well done on BillieJoe for the championship, and everyone else for another good season on AOR!

Stream from the race is here, if I get time tomorrow I'll add some timestamps with key moments:

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Nice Racing with you guys this season.. (y)Many thanks to @PRG_FrankForest @Slicker.

Just a disastrous season(n) Probably the worst League experience ive had at AOR :cry:Hampered with Disconnections in Qually on race night. I never really got going, and had to dig very deep from round 4, for some motivation to continue. Relieved my Tiresome ordeal is finally over..

Qually P2
RACE P4

Qually. On a track I have never got on with, had to be happy as a PB put me on the front row.

Race- @JR-Lock-N-Load got the jump on me, and dropped to P3, by the time we reached turn 1. Kept pace for a couple of laps, but was never that happy with the AMG round Brno . I decided to pit early (from a spin x1) When Slicker Overtook from p4. I stuck with slick for a few laps, but was loosing time, as my lap times dropped off. So pitted for my stop lap 8 or 9 I think..
Rest of the Race was Lonely Zzz zzzz ! I had another spin x2 mid race costing me a heap of time , which put Slick in front of me coming into the final laps. I was fuming, as yet another good result , went flying out of the window.. Another Gift :rolleyes: from Team foggy :love: Tyres were behaving like Wets in the final stages, so settled for a dissapointing P4. My best result of a Torrid season. Shocking really :mad:
Congrats to @Barker95 Who dominated the race. Great drive fella, and also to the Podium..

@Wimstradamus Good luck on PC . You definitely have made the right choice (y) Another PS4 AOR race vet making the sensible switch.. have fun buddy (y)

Im really not sure about S14 GT3 :confused: The Renault 3.5 will more than probably be my last on PS4 format..
Thanks for the racing guys (y)

Last edited:

planettoon

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 31, 2018
For those who have tried both, is PC2 much better on the PC? I've got a good enough PC but haven't used it for racing games for years! My main problem with PC gaming is the amount of heat the PC kicks out...about 43 degrees C pumping out around my legs!

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
For those who have tried both, is PC2 much better on the PC? I've got a good enough PC but haven't used it for racing games for years! My main problem with PC gaming is the amount of heat the PC kicks out...about 43 degrees C pumping out around my legs!
Not tried on P.CARS 2 on PC, but believe the Tyre model is alot more consistent. Generally you should be going quicker on PC, about a second a lap , compared to PS4. As for the Hot PC . Get a bigger Fan:love:(y)

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
finally rediscovered my consistency last night - no mistakes, plugging away with steady lap times - bit of a dull race in some ways - bit of a battle with @planettoon in the first couple of laps - got him into t3 on lap 4, taking 4th place, but big gap to 3rd. inherited 3rd when @kovy34 spun in last corner and spent the rest of the race alone. no chance of catching @JR-Lock-N-Load and @Barker95 - both flying, so just stayed out till late, expecting to lose a couple of places with my stop - very pleasantly surprised to come out still in 3rd with @FOGGY #7 a few seconds back - was able to hold him off and take a podium for the final race.

well done again to @Billiejoe97g and @kovy34 (shame about that point ;) ) - great season - looking forward to s14 :D

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
Q 9 R 5

Race was charcterised by an error that saw me spin and drop from 6th to 13th about 6 laps in. Pitted after this for clean air, which helped me gain some places in he pitsthat followed and a few on track. Had a good battle with @Yuzu4nm and got him with a nice move round the outside of t1 after trying everything for 5 laps, also had a good battle with @biba99 until he spun and at the end had to fight like a dog to hold off @Billiejoe97g and win a drag race to the line by less than a tenth!

Thanks to @PRG_FrankForest and @Slicker for all the work, @FOGGY #7 for practice sessions, congrats to @Billiejoe97g on taking the championship and well done @JR-Lock-N-Load on your first podium. also to @Barker95 ,a stonking drive from start to finish, congrats on the win!

Hard fought season, great racing throughout , thanks all!

Last edited:

JR-Lock-N-Load

GP2 Test Driver
Mar 27, 2019
I would just like to add that i had a absolute blast in my first Season in AoR .. I met some great people this Season and had some good races to go with it ... it really started to come together towards the end of the season for me better late than never i guess .. Me and The Wife have a new Addition to are family due next month so likely to be very busy hopefully i can still get on to race next season .. thanks @Slicker for the Host the league was ran very well + PRG_FrankForest Thx for you time and effort also .. Cheers to everyone on track was a pleasure to race with you all + Congrads @Billiejoe97g on the Title .. All the best to all you guy's take care .. Here's hoping we race again soon :)