AOR GT3 S13 - PS4 Tier 2 - Round 2 - Donington GP - 12.06.19 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT3 S13 - PS4 Tier 2 - Round 2 - Donington GP - 12.06.19 @8pm UK time

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
@planettoon sorry for the contact at chicane, I did stop and let you past but hope you didn't have too much damage. @Freggel we had a great battle until I disconnected but you had terrible lag from my point of view. A couple of times completely disappeared. However it sounds like I was lagging for some others so think it was just an unstable lobby.

Reactions: Slicker and Freggel

Freggel

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 24, 2019
we had a great battle until I disconnected but you had terrible lag from my point of view. A couple of times completely disappeared
For sure it was nice racing, enjoyed it! But the lagging you saw from me, I saw from you alone.

planettoon

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 31, 2018
My stream -
Quali - was happy to dip in the 1:29's as I'd only managed it once in practice.

Race - overall I was happy with the handling of the car, A few laps it was loose and I had spins late on with low fuel but I suspect the tires were also getting a bit too cold.

Some highlights (I only got to lap 9 before I had to start work):
19:48 - Quali standings
26:50 - Race begins, first sign of Danny's lag
17:50 - Biba was all over me in lap 1 and breezed past, my tires were cold (hard), were you on softs?
29:25 - Will-Friedmann finds himself on the grass so I pickup a place
30:00 - I though Will-Friedmann was going to bang me in the rear on the last bend so went a bit deep :D
31:16 - wimstradamus makes a move and passes cleanly
33:20 - wimstradamus has a wobble on turn 1 and I retake the place
34:27 - I brake late and wimstradamus get's by, then on the last corner wimstradamus went very wide and we clipped causing wimstradamus to spin

planettoon

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 31, 2018
@planettoon sorry for the contact at chicane, I did stop and let you past but hope you didn't have too much damage. @Freggel we had a great battle until I disconnected but you had terrible lag from my point of view. A couple of times completely disappeared. However it sounds like I was lagging for some others so think it was just an unstable lobby.
No damage mate, and no worries. I was never on the pace so enjoyed the battle whilst it lasted!

Reactions: danjbirch

Billiejoe97g

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T2 Champion
May 25, 2019
Nice race everyone
In lap 2 they crashed behind me and I was first with 4/5 seconds of advantage
I played it safe and got to the end (with the exception of one 360)
And I would like to ask lapped cars to wait for a safe opportunity to let leaders past, I don't really remember who it was but I lost 4 seconds and almost crashed beacuse of a lapped car trying to let me pass in the last turn of t1 stopping in the braking zone with me behind him
See you all in the next one

kovy34

Formula Karter
May 22, 2019
When lobby is kicking you out, the best thing you can do is restart your ps + router. In grand turismo it happens a lot in lobbies and usually this routine sort things out. Not always, but still the best thing you can do. :) @C-FOGARTY @danjbirch

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
When lobby is kicking you out, the best thing you can do is restart your ps + router. In grand turismo it happens a lot in lobbies and usually this routine sort things out. Not always, but still the best thing you can do. :) @C-FOGARTY @danjbirch
Yeah agreed but I didn't get kicked out until qual had already started so didn't have time just had to rejoin and hope for best.

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
it is generally a good idea to reboot your router at least an hour before the race - this gives your connection time to settle down before the race - it is also a good idea to reboot the ps4 before you join the race lobby, particularly if you have been in another lobby beforehand

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
Q5 - had a time for front row until the last corner and i blew it but 5th was fine.:)

R7 - decent start , kept it clean and after a spin i was up to 3rd, then 4th. For most of the race i was under pressure and there was always someone within a couple of seconds of me. It was a bit frustrating at times as i was a bit inconsitent, i would put in 2 or 3 good laps and then lose time, mostly by outbraking myself into turn 1. I had some good scraps with I don't know who, it was a long tough race for me. In the latter stages i was fighting 4th but someone elses mistake cost me momentum and i dropped a couple places, pitted came out infront of freggel. He dropped it in final turn after racinig hard for a number of laps. Don't know was there contact or just an error. After that Slicker pitted , i should have just thrown one up the inside into t1 but backed out of it. I pressed him hard all the eway to the end but settled for a disappointing 7th after a good qualy.:rolleyes:

Tnx all Grats to the podium finishers.(y)

EDIT: One thing to note, I saw track extension limits into the pit exit on the entry to turn 1 a number of times by someone who'll remain nameles. But to everyone involved, make sure you are aware of track limit notices etc before the race which can be specific to individual tracks (as was the case here at turn 1). Not knowing is no excuse, it's up to you to read the forums. If it continues hi-ho hi-ho off to the stewards you'll go :)

Last edited:

Wimstradamus

AOR PS4 GT3 S12 T5 Champion
Premium Member
May 7, 2016
My stream -
Quali - was happy to dip in the 1:29's as I'd only managed it once in practice.

Race - overall I was happy with the handling of the car, A few laps it was loose and I had spins late on with low fuel but I suspect the tires were also getting a bit too cold.

Some highlights (I only got to lap 9 before I had to start work):
19:48 - Quali standings
26:50 - Race begins, first sign of Danny's lag
17:50 - Biba was all over me in lap 1 and breezed past, my tires were cold (hard), were you on softs?
29:25 - Will-Friedmann finds himself on the grass so I pickup a place
30:00 - I though Will-Friedmann was going to bang me in the rear on the last bend so went a bit deep :D
31:16 - wimstradamus makes a move and passes cleanly
33:20 - wimstradamus has a wobble on turn 1 and I retake the place
34:27 - I brake late and wimstradamus get's by, then on the last corner wimstradamus went very wide and we clipped causing wimstradamus to spin
Sorry about the touch in the last corner, lost control of the car.
hope you didn't had any damage?
somehow the car felt very different than in practice :(

Reactions: Slicker

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Look m8 , I have an super fast fibre optic internet line solely for racing. (Hard wired Ethernet to Ps4)I know the Protocol for having a smooth ride in race lobbies.(because I used remind ppl every week at AOR) I have an excellent connection, and my router gets re- booted every time, before I join Race lobby. With the experience I have, is that the lobby was very unstable, with yourself and someone else? , trying countless times to join. And you continued this in Qually. The server kicked me out, to compensate for poorer higher ping users, and thats the way it works. Unfortunately for me. I took the bullet on wednesday, through no fault of my own . So whats your story then. ? Seeing as it took you many many atempts to join the race lobby. ? And undoubtedly caused issues with the server.. and lobby stability.

kovy34

Formula Karter
May 22, 2019
Look m8 , I have an super fast fibre optic internet line solely for racing. (Hard wired Ethernet to Ps4)I know the Protocol for having a smooth ride in race lobbies.(because I used remind ppl every week at AOR) I have an excellent connection, and my router gets re- booted every time, before I join Race lobby. With the experience I have, is that the lobby was very unstable, with yourself and someone else? , trying countless times to join. And you continued this in Qually. The server kicked me out, to compensate for poorer higher ping users, and thats the way it works. Unfortunately for me. I took the bullet on wednesday, through no fault of my own . So whats your story then. ? Seeing as it took you many many atempts to join the race lobby. ? And undoubtedly caused issues with the server.. and lobby stability.
Man, calm down. I wasnt kicked out once.

Reactions: Billiejoe97g

JR-Lock-N-Load

GP2 Test Driver
Mar 27, 2019
Question .. as an Audi driver can we then swap the Aero package over to track that are fast i.e can we use the La Man version if we chose ? (not sure what the aero package is called but it is the same car) .. i am really struggling with the Audi atm its defo a car you need a wheel to get the most out of it its super over sterry and on a pad its so difficult be quick .. i am seriously thinking of changing cars i have had 2 crap results and the points losses will not effect me a hole lot its a nightmare to keep consistent on a pad without running major down force slowing the car 90% of the time .. Spain is going to be tough for me as i struggle to run the hard compound and the soft's burn up after 6 laps after 10 you have no rear left

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Question .. as an Audi driver can we then swap the Aero package over to track that are fast i.e can we use the La Man version if we chose ? (not sure what the aero package is called but it is the same car) .. i am really struggling with the Audi atm its defo a car you need a wheel to get the most out of it its super over sterry and on a pad its so difficult be quick .. i am seriously thinking of changing cars i have had 2 crap results and the points losses will not effect me a hole lot its a nightmare to keep consistent on a pad without running major down force slowing the car 90% of the time .. Spain is going to be tough for me as i struggle to run the hard compound and the soft's burn up after 6 laps after 10 you have no rear left
I might be wrong but it was my understanding they are exactly the same car and it is only different liveries.