PS4 - AOR GT3 S13 - PS4 Tier 2 - Round 4 - Le Mans 24h - 26.06.19 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S13 - PS4 Tier 2 - Round 4 - Le Mans 24h - 26.06.19 @8pm UK time

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016
Unless we get more drop-outs (which i hope not) this is the grid for Wednesday.

Small i know, but that's life. at least we'll all get some good pts.

planettoon

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 31, 2018
I'm 50/50 to make this as my wife and youngest go on holiday Thursday at 02:00, so I may have to help out sort out a few final things before they go.

That said, if she just plans to watch TV then I may get on!

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
I'm 50/50 to make this as my wife and youngest go on holiday Thursday at 02:00, so I may have to help out sort out a few final things before they go.

That said, if she just plans to watch TV then I may get on!
no probs - i'll send the invite anyway

Reactions: planettoon

Slicker

PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
i'm sorry to do this at such a late stage, but.....

We decided to change the weather progression to Sync to Race to get it dry at the end.
Sorry for the change.

● Weather Conditions (weather progression: Real time Sync to Race):
- Qualifying: No qualifying for this round! Starting order will be reversed championship standings.
- Race start:
Light Cloud -
Light Rain -
Medium Cloud

Slicker

PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
and don't forget this:-

Extra information...please read :)

- Normally we all start in the position we have qualified in. But since we have a startingorder that is based on the reversed championship standings for this round, we need to place ourselves correctly during the formation lap. When the lights go out, everybody starts to move slowly around 10mph (16kph). Remember to stay as far to the left or right on the track to make it easier for cars to pass. Remember your starting position (obviously) but also who is in the position right in front of you. We should easily be able to be in correct order before reaching Tertre Rouge (see picture).

- Once the leader of the single file train has pulled away, they can accelerate up to a speed of 80mph/130kph 124mph/200kph and will then maintain that throughout the lap, slowing down clearly and gradually for any corners that require slower speeds, and then accelerating up to the limit of 124mph/200kph. The rest of the drivers in the train are to follow the leader around the lap, sticking to a similar pace and maintaining safe distances (around 5 car lengths) between drivers for tyre and braking warming.

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
and don't forget this:-

Extra information...please read :)

- Normally we all start in the position we have qualified in. But since we have a startingorder that is based on the reversed championship standings for this round, we need to place ourselves correctly during the formation lap. When the lights go out, everybody starts to move slowly around 10mph (16kph). Remember to stay as far to the left or right on the track to make it easier for cars to pass. Remember your starting position (obviously) but also who is in the position right in front of you. We should easily be able to be in correct order before reaching Tertre Rouge (see picture).

- Once the leader of the single file train has pulled away, they can accelerate up to a speed of 80mph/130kph 124mph/200kph and will then maintain that throughout the lap, slowing down clearly and gradually for any corners that require slower speeds, and then accelerating up to the limit of 124mph/200kph. The rest of the drivers in the train are to follow the leader around the lap, sticking to a similar pace and maintaining safe distances (around 5 car lengths) between drivers for tyre and braking warming.

This is a long lap to be doing full formation lap even taking into account increased speed. Expect very cold tyres everyone

Slicker

PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
one last point - remember your lights when the rain starts

Barker95

AOR PS4 GT3 Semi-Pro S7 Champion
May 26, 2015
does sync to race mean that the weather slots are roughly 30 minutes each?

JR-Lock-N-Load

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 27, 2019
Sorry @Chickano i losses the back end on the grass and was a total passenger ..made a daft mistake 2nd from last lap was gaining on the guys in front running on the soft's ... the weather was very different from practice but i guess we were all in the same boat for the race so not worry's about it .. @Slicker you had that 488 on rails dude well driven ... that go's for the rest of the field from what i seen everyone drove very well and we managed to fished with a full field by the look's of it .. yey .. Loved using the Wheel Properly starting to feel quicker .. thx for hosting a good lobby Slick - catch you all on the next one
My Stream Uncut for tonight Race - Congrads of the Podium Guys

planettoon

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 31, 2018
My stream must have been boring :D

I didn't get any practice time for this race due to a trip to Spain, and had the new car so was never looking above 12th. I think I span every lap, had substantial damage a few times. In the few times I was on track I enjoyed it - good weather conditions with the transition.

Thanks @PRG_FrankForest for the setup, shame I couldn't use it to it's potential!

Lap 1 was my only real highlight from memory. I had 2 cars following me into the first chicane on the back straight and as I looked up from my mirrors I noticed the 100m breaking point, hankered on the brakes and done a 180 spin. Good awareness of everyone to avoid me (y)

After being lapped I just stayed out of the way, didn't try and unlap myself although a few times I could have as cars were carrying damage but there wasn't any point.

Onwards and upwards!

biba99

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T2 GTE Champion
Mar 17, 2018
Think that is my first victory in GT3 and everything played in my hands. Started in P2, passed @PRG_FrankForest into the 2nd chicane on the long straight, had a good gap to P2 after you guys had some troubles. Was a pretty clean race for me, had only a hand full :poop: moments. With a ~30s gap to P2 i decided to change tires, because my rear end felt way too loose. Could get back P1 from @Barker95 and I felt pretty comfortable. But then, 2 laps to go, i spun in the porsche curves and hit the wall. Few laps more and @Slicker would have got me.

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2018
Yeah @JR-Lock-N-Load these things happen in racing, unfortunately. It seems to happen to me alot though mate, so I'll add you to the list ;)(y) I got pinged for passing you while off track aswell so i had to wait to let you pass and to rub salt in the wounds i didn't repair my car first time in the pits so had to pit again.

I had a decent start, three wide into first chicane on lap 1 and i had to take to the gravel to be safe with a spinner ahead, then got pinged for illegal overtake and that put me back down to wherever. Had a good view of the big shunt, after that was battling with JR and @Barker95 until the former dropped it on lp 4 or 5 and took me with him.

Rejoined 10th, from there i just put in solid laps with only one or 2 errors, stayed out on wets and picked up a few places either on track when I passed 3 drivers or in the pits where i passed 2 or 3. Finish 4th which was fine but after the DSC last week and getting clobbered here i just want a finish that reflects my pace, which next week will probably be 10th lol.

Congrats to @biba99 on an historic win!! Teamyfor podium (should have been there with you mate) and @Barker95 for racking up another third place finish. Thanks to the cods and mods.