PS4 - AOR GT3 S13 - PS4 Tier 3 - Round 3 - Barcelona-Catalunya GP - 19.06.19 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S13 - PS4 Tier 3 - Round 3 - Barcelona-Catalunya GP - 19.06.19 @8pm UK time

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

RRacerF4N

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 30, 2017
Oh, sorry, i totally forgot about that.
Yeah, I pushed you off the track a bit, was trying to brake late and went a bit long, but wasn't at all my intention to push you out. It was that or spinning and crashing us both. Sorry again mate:oops:
Yeah, I'm sure was not your intention, after checked it, I think was a racing incident. I was not alongside you or in front when you went wide so... nothing to penalize I think (y)

Reactions: FERDOBOSS_F1

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
that happened to me yesterday on the community race, initial estimates on usage were about 2-3 liters short of what was needed to finish the race.
It was my own fault. In the practice race I was much earlier on shifting up. In the race I did see that I could shift a little higher in RPM...but didn't looked at the fuel...so that's working in PC2 :p

FERDOBOSS_F1

Pro Karter
Dec 8, 2018
I qualified 2nd 0.077s off the pole time I could have had pole but I made a mistake on my final lap when I was 2 tenths up on my personal best. The race had everything in the dry I was fast and right behind @McKinda before the pit stops I was very consistent didn't let him have more than a second from me. I opted to pit early for the wets it was the correct call but I wasn't as fast as @FERDOBOSS_F1 in the wet he overtook me and we had a small battle. I was about 5 seconds behind for a long amount of time I thought to myself there's no way I'm winning this race on pace alone only if @FERDOBOSS_F1 makes a mistake can I capitalise. FERDO made a mistake and I was right behind him this was with 2-3 laps to go it was pretty crazy and I couldn't believe he made a mistake I overtook him and was very much under pressure in the lead I just wanted to finish, no mistakes! And so I did we had a bit of a moment at the last chicane but we sorted it out. Amazing race and clean racing I've been racing for 3 seasons this is my 4th one and I have finally won I've been so close in the past but I am very happy and satisfied with that result!
Yeah man, very nice race! As i said before i was lift and coasting during the last 8 laps cause i thought i was not gonna finish the race with the fuel i had remaining (i was right). That made me forgot about the puddle un turn 1, which I touched and made me spin and @Noxvi to pass me. I tried too har the last 3 laps to re-overtake him but although i was a bit faster, there was no time left, so i tried a very difficult move in last lap chicane which ended up in nothing but a little touch with no room. Clean race in general, gg guys

Reactions: Noxvi

Noxvi

GP2 Test Driver
Feb 1, 2018
Yeah man, very nice race! As i said before i was lift and coasting during the last 8 laps cause i thought i was not gonna finish the race with the fuel i had remaining (i was right). That made me forgot about the puddle un turn 1, which I touched and made me spin and @Noxvi to pass me. I tried too har the last 3 laps to re-overtake him but although i was a bit faster, there was no time left, so i tried a very difficult move in last lap chicane which ended up in nothing but a little touch with no room. Clean race in general, gg guys
Yeah I understand why you went for the move I would have probably done the same, great battle.

Reactions: FERDOBOSS_F1

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
After cooling off from last night I though I'd mention all the following.

@Mhill having watched the replay several times myself there was nothing you could have done. It was just unfortunate I was on the inside and ended up speared into the wall.

My connection to @Mr_JayDoubleU during the practice wasn't great at Amber/orange colour. During last night in the lobby it flickered red a few times but my connection to everyone else was green or yellow at worst (apart from Fred who always has appeared red for me). There's nothing I can do my end with my connection as my speed, ping and level of jitter is all good. My router and ps4 were both restarted etc. I'd hate to lose races just because I get disconnected due to a bad connection to a host.

Also congrats @Noxvi. Would have loved to have picked up points to keep it tighter in the championship. You've been quick this season so very deserved win.

Finally after thinking if I get another disconnect like last night where its 100% not my connection, I'll seriously be thinking of pulling out as I can't be bothered working on setup and testing just to get booted out through no fault of my own. It just makes it a waste of my time.

• Agree
Reactions: BDG_Geo and Noxvi

Mr_JayDoubleU

GP2 Reserve Driver
Mar 28, 2018

@Mhill having watched the replay several times myself there was nothing you could have done. It was just unfortunate I was on the inside and ended up speared into the wall.

My connection to @Mr_JayDoubleU during the practice wasn't great at Amber/orange colour. During last night in the lobby it flickered red a few times but my connection to everyone else was green or yellow at worst (apart from Fred who always has appeared red for me). There's nothing I can do my end with my connection as my speed, ping and level of jitter is all good. My router and ps4 were both restarted etc. I'd hate to lose races just because I get disconnected due to a bad connection to a host.

Also congrats @Noxvi. Would have loved to have picked up points to keep it tighter in the championship. You've been quick this season so very deserved win.

Finally after thinking if I get another disconnect like last night where its 100% not my connection, I'll seriously be thinking of pulling out as I can't be bothered working on setup and testing just to get booted out through no fault of my own. It just makes it a waste of my time.
Last season, the connection was fine wasn't it? Nothing changed, but totaly understand your comment... If there is a better host available... Lets switch

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Last season, the connection was fine wasn't it? Nothing changed, but totaly understand your comment... If there is a better host available... Lets switch
I did have a few lag moments last season near the end if the season but I don't remember being disconnected when you were host.

Race one this season I had no issues. Race two I saw one or two cars lagging but none interfered with my race so wasn't an issue. It's just been the practice and this weeks race that I've really seen any issue

Done several speed tests last night following the disconnect and at no point was my connection bad

Fred Ogega

GP2 Reserve Driver
Apr 27, 2016
I did have a few lag moments last season near the end if the season but I don't remember being disconnected when you were host.

Race one this season I had no issues. Race two I saw one or two cars lagging but none interfered with my race so wasn't an issue. It's just been the practice and this weeks race that I've really seen any issue

Done several speed tests last night following the disconnect and at no point was my connection bad
Pcars has some weird bugs. At Donnington i got a 'connection to server lost' message, although i did not get booted from the session, the inability to have control of the vehicle resulted in a crash with heavy damage that saw me more than a lap down after pitting for repairs.
I can understand your frustration

Mhill

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018

I don't think it's the host. All lobbies lost drivers last night. 13 in total across the 4 leagues, looks like it could be a PSN issue

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
I don't think it's the host. All lobbies lost drivers last night. 13 in total across the 4 leagues, looks like it could be a PSN issue
I'm hoping it's something like that. I'm going to join and run lobbies during the run up to the next race to test my connection more in depth.

I mean there's an aussie guy who hosts a session I usually join and never get disconnected or lag at all.

BDG_Geo

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 20, 2019

I would agree with the last part mate..testing...practising...testing..practising...all just to see folk lag in front of u an being tapped without even it being noticed it has happened due to the game server being stressed out and causing issues.its been hapning for a bit and i thot it wd get better.if it doesnt then i will be thinkn the same..im already thinkn like that due to the speed gap ( which is just embarrassing for me now) in this tier with me an others so its not helping with the confidence.i just hope ther isnt any issues tomorrow in the enduro race..fingers crossed :(