PS4 - AOR GT3 S13 - PS4 Tier 3 - Round 4 - Le Mans 24H - 26.06.19 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S13 - PS4 Tier 3 - Round 4 - Le Mans 24H - 26.06.19 @8pm UK time

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
was near you at some point; no lag..
the level of driving at the practice race was atrocious. the worst i have ever experienced in AOR; far worse than random lobbies. i am unlikely to participate in any more practice races; people just completely ignoring all rules and etiquette as it is seen to have no repercussions.
one racer, from our tier, decided it was 'punt to pass' and spun me out.
incidents of people bumping each other off was just excessive. and the dive-bombs OMG!
given full damage is on tonight, i can only hope for some civility.
It was pretty poor. Without naming anyone I believe I know which driver your talking about. They need a talking to by a cod imo. The rejoins I agree were dangerous. One I remember was hemo? Went wide, came back on and dive bombed me off track a corner later. I think @Mr_JayDoubleU was behind me at that point?

Mr_JayDoubleU

GP2 Reserve Driver
Mar 28, 2018
It was pretty poor. Without naming anyone I believe I know which driver your talking about. They need a talking to by a cod imo. The rejoins I agree were dangerous. One I remember was hemo? Went wide, came back on and dive bombed me off track a corner later. I think @Mr_JayDoubleU was behind me at that point?
From what i remember there were off tracks first corner after Indianapolis and rejoin unsafe, which took me out... Also some one was very optimistic and "sick of life" to try to overtake me on the outside Line in Indianapolis turn :oops: ;), think it was the same driver a corner later which took a chance on me@Archie619

Last edited:

YabbaTheHutt

Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
The puddles were killers for me last night. Following cars taking the same line, they go through it with ease like there's no puddle and I do a 360

Going to be a looooong night. Between that, super aggressive driving on the opening laps and poor conduct from one flashing me all the way down a straight to distract. Plus in dry I'm around 3 seconds off the pace.

Also those who raced near me, was my car lagging at all?
Yes, the puddles were bigger than in practise. Gonna be a tough one...

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
was near you at some point; no lag..
the level of driving at the practice race was atrocious. the worst i have ever experienced in AOR; far worse than random lobbies. i am unlikely to participate in any more practice races; people just completely ignoring all rules and etiquette as it is seen to have no repercussions.
one racer, from our tier, decided it was 'punt to pass' and spun me out.
incidents of people bumping each other off was just excessive. and the dive-bombs OMG!
given full damage is on tonight, i can only hope for some civility.
I think it's time to have damage on for these practise races. If that doesn't work, no point doing them. The practise races have the same rules as every other races here on AOR except the damage and no stewards. If there is incidents and issues, feel free to submit a video and discuss from that.

Fred Ogega

GP2 Reserve Driver
Apr 27, 2016
I think it's time to have damage on for these practise races. If that doesn't work, no point doing them. The practise races have the same rules as every other races here on AOR except the damage and no stewards. If there is incidents and issues, feel free to submit a video and discuss from that.
please let's have damage on.

• Informative
Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
I'd agree. There are a few who I constantly see in these races be far too aggressive doing moves knowing they won't have any penalty if they make contact.

And I'll add I've even found myself attempting more risky passes knowing the worst that happens is I spin.

Last edited:

McKinda

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 25, 2019
So fot those of us who couldn't participate. I need information if 2 stops are needed... 1st fir wets and 2nd for dry tires again. Would be gratefull for this info if it's not a secret

Mr_JayDoubleU

GP2 Reserve Driver
Mar 28, 2018
So fot those of us who couldn't participate. I need information if 2 stops are needed... 1st fir wets and 2nd for dry tires again. Would be gratefull for this info if it's not a secret
1 stop or 2 stops are Both possible...its up to you if you can manage wet tyres on a dry track or run softs on track which is drying up

• Agree

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
It's just as @Mr_JayDoubleU said, both are possible. Be aware that if you change to softs again, you need to understand where the puddles are as they will easily make you spin if you're not careful :)

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
@Bauwie
Please read through the somewhat special starting procedeur for tonight. Since you just signed up, you have to start from the back while the rest of us start in reversed championship order.

Bauwie

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 24, 2016
@Bauwie
Please read through the somewhat special starting procedeur for tonight. Since you just signed up, you have to start from the back while the rest of us start in reversed championship order.
I've just gone through the page now. All i have to do is keep to the side, get to the back of the field. And try not to crash... Right got it!!:giggle::giggle:

Fred Ogega

GP2 Reserve Driver
Apr 27, 2016
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
absolutely gutted! getting a disconnect while in the lead of the race! :cry::mad::mad:
the pace was there, got a 4:05.7 as my best lap in the dry and without the benefit of draft.
pitting in when it started raining, @FERDOBOSS_F1 crashed onto the pit entry, had to wait for him to correct himself. coming out of pit @Michel--NL, exited infront of me; i suspected he had not topped up on fuel at this point. i was p3, michel p2 and @RRacerF4N was in p1 had not yet pit. circulated that lap, RR went in, was now running p2 behind michel; he spun on first chicane of long straight, managed to get by without incident. P1 :D:cry:; cycled another lap still in the lead; checked laptimes, at that point was lapping faster than michel with @Noxvi in p3 lapping a whooping 4 seconds faster. on lap 10 at this point, was thinking ahead knowing that noxvi would definitely catch up, all i needed do by then was let him by, and still would probably finish with a podium given my pace. alas it was not to be, fucking disconnected. :mad::mad::mad:
i shall put up my short race stream later

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
absolutely gutted! getting a disconnect while in the lead of the race! :cry::mad::mad:
the pace was there, got a 4:05.7 as my best lap in the dry and without the benefit of draft.
pitting in when it started raining, @FERDOBOSS_F1 crashed onto the pit entry, had to wait for him to correct himself. coming out of pit @Michel--NL, exited infront of me; i suspected he had not topped up on fuel at this point. i was p3, michel p2 and @RRacerF4N was in p1 had not yet pit. circulated that lap, RR went in, was now running p2 behind michel; he spun on first chicane of long straight, managed to get by without incident. P1 :D:cry:; cycled another lap still in the lead; checked laptimes, at that point was lapping faster than michel with @Noxvi in p3 lapping a whooping 4 seconds faster. on lap 10 at this point, was thinking ahead knowing that noxvi would definitely catch up, all i needed do by then was let him by, and still would probably finish with a podium given my pace. alas it was not to be, fucking disconnected. :mad::mad::mad:
i shall put up my short race stream later
I did see you standing still on the straight...I was thinking what is he doing and then you where gone :(

• Agree
Reactions: Noxvi

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
DSQ speeding in the pitlane....OMG...it's to hot.
I made 3 mistakes in 1 lap.
First sorry @RRacerF4N that it looked like I did an brake check in the middle on the straight.
Before I pitted I adjusted the fuel to get from the pitstop and when I left the pit I was thinking hmmmm that's not enough. That thought was going through my head the complete two laps. And on the straight I thought I forgot to brake and was missing the chicane, but it was because of the darkness I totally misjudged it :(
And still thinking what to do with the fuel...I spin the car and got to much damage and needed to pit, but then just before the pit entry I thought should I change tyres.....to late DSQ for speeding in the pitlane.
I will blame it on the temperature and that my head can not handle all this thinking :whistle:

Mr_JayDoubleU

GP2 Reserve Driver
Mar 28, 2018
After winning the second practice race yesterday, also this race went south again.... Corner number 3 lap 2 ( race lap 1) got punned from behind, rolled me over like a turtle and had 100% damage on the rear.... Lost over a minute to return to the pit and repair the damage.... The driver didn't even waited.... Sorry about my retirement though....

@Fred Ogega , sorry the hear mate....:confused:

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
After winning the second practice race yesterday, also this race went south again.... Corner number 3 lap 2 ( race lap 1) got punned from behind, rolled me over like a turtle and had 100% damage on the rear.... Lost over a minute to return to the pit and repair the damage.... The driver didn't even waited.... Sorry about my retirement though....

Next time don't use the mic for telling everybody what happened to you (and also last week). Very annoying and not allowed.

Bauwie

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 24, 2016

@Mr_JayDoubleU That was me who punted you... I had nowhere to go and got 60 damage at the front and 40 at the back myself. I limped to the pits and saw you were right behind me, so thats why i kept going.

Also this race was a nightmare for me... Dont know why but my setup was gone after pit stop 1. My brake pedal at some point just stopped working, and after that the setup got even worse... I think it was running the Monza GP setup because i had no control whatsoever.
Made a few mistakes myself aswell, i must admit, so after getting lapped 2 times and my last 6 laps, pitting 6 times, i decided to retire as i didnt want to cause anybody any difficulties on track :cry::cry:

• Sad

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016

I heard the complaints but when I wanted to save the replay, of course I wasn't allowed...

McKinda

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 25, 2019
My congratz to @RRacerF4N for the win.
My race was destroyed when i went for pitstop. @Michel--NL warned us at beggining to pay attention to wet tire. I double checked and selected wet tire strategy. When i pittes i was given slicks. Ofc in the next lap i lost all positions and spun couple if times with slicks on wet track. After that i managed to change tires and just cruising around to finnish.

Reactions: RRacerF4N