PS4 - AOR GT3 S13 - PS4 Tier 3 - Round 4 - Le Mans 24H - 26.06.19 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S13 - PS4 Tier 3 - Round 4 - Le Mans 24H - 26.06.19 @8pm UK time

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
I'll write a full report tomorrow. Missed the turn one carnage going off track behind @Mr_JayDoubleU.

After my pitstop my tyres went stone cold as if they were cold hard tyres. Had zero grip which led to me turning the wheel and the car going straight into the wall. Pitted and afterwards thr grip and tyre temp had returned immediately so appears to be a possible game bug? Could have been a lot better but could have been worse.

Congrats to @RRacerF4N and the rest of the podium.

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

Noxvi

GP2 Test Driver
Feb 1, 2018
P2 after starting 11th. The start of the race was messed up p9 don't know who it was was very far from the pack and I ended up getting overtaken by 2 guys was running last at that point. Turn one and what do you know there is a car flipped by @Bauwie and I cannot avoid did my best and I still clipped him I got 16 damage on the front and my top speed was down by 10 or so kph, run down on the Mulsanne straight and @Bauwie rams be up the back for good measure I luckily got only 1 damage on the rear (and with this damage system it seems to be random every time). Very bad but I decided to press on I didn't get fuel when I pitted for wets so I had to pit later for fuel I decided I was gonna go on softs cause I didn't wanna die of understeer on the wets it ended up not paying out I finished P2 which is still a very good result considering how this race went... I have a complaint as we have had pretty clean and nice starts so far, today we had a new driver and I suggest you calm down a bit on the first lap it's a 2 hour race and it's really frustrating for others when they're involved in these incidents as you said you haven't raced in 2 years, I have nothing against you, you just need to calm down and take it easy on the first lap.

RRacerF4N

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 30, 2017
Yes! My first win in Gt3! There's not a better place to do it, In Le mans :giggle:

First of all, really sad after read @Fred Ogega reported. I saw yor car diassapear in front of me. You deserved a podium today, be pacient, I'm sure it will come ;)

@Michel--NL Yeah, was like: what the hell is he doing? I Was close to crash into you :rolleyes: anyway move on, difficult race even for our minds.

Crazy race after go a little wide in indianapolis in turn one, I down to P10. After that I knew I had good pace in dry and I recovered places very fast until to come to P3 or P4 more or less.

In lap 6 everybody stopped and I decided in the last moment to do on more lap, and that decision could cost me the race today. What a nightmare lap on slicks and wet track. I spun in the Porsche curves touching a little bit the barrier, but no damages fortunately.

I changed tyres leaving the pits just in front of @YabbaTheHutt was close mate :eek:

After that @Noxvi was just in front passing to @Fred Ogega and @Michel--NL I did he same, being in P2 around lap 10. In this moment, in a very wet track @Noxvi was faster, but suddenly he entried in the pits to change tyres and I didn't realize. I tough I crossed the line in P2, but no! I won!

Supper happy and incredible race in epic conditions. GG everyone and we'll see in a couple of days (y)

YabbaTheHutt

Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
R: 3rd
Was an exiting and interesting race. I fully focused on staying clear of trouble all through the race. Made one big "mistake" in the entire race (spun in the Mulsanne corner, think I braked at the normal spot but couldn't get the car stopped at all...). Got a little love tap in the back at the start (race incident and no damage) and I touched @Tin32 when he had crashed in the Porsche curves on first race lap, again no damage. My place was a little down and up and down and up. Went for the one stop strategy and it worked well. Came out just behind @Noxvi after his 2nd stop for softs. He spun into first chicane and I was at that point convinced that he would continue to struggle on slicks. But he didn't! I'm impressed that you could keep the car straight and slowed down in the Mulsanne corner, I struggled a lot there and it looked very wet out for me. I was in 4th and thought, that's it. Then at the end of lap 20, @FERDOBOSS_F1 had an unfortunate spin and I could pass for 3rd. I didn't make any mistakes after that and could bring home 3rd place :)

Congrats to both @RRacerF4N and @Noxvi for the top positions (y) And great with 1st and 3rd for Team RRabba!

Zhuhai up next in glorious fog...(race thread already posted).

Noxvi

GP2 Test Driver
Feb 1, 2018
R: 3rd
Was an exiting and interesting race. I fully focused on staying clear of trouble all through the race. Made one big "mistake" in the entire race (spun in the Mulsanne corner, think I braked at the normal spot but couldn't get the car stopped at all...). Got a little love tap in the back at the start (race incident and no damage) and I touched @Tin32 when he had crashed in the Porsche curves on first race lap, again no damage. My place was a little down and up and down and up. Went for the one stop strategy and it worked well. Came out just behind @Noxvi after his 2nd stop for softs. He spun into first chicane and I was at that point convinced that he would continue to struggle on slicks. But he didn't! I'm impressed that you could keep the car straight and slowed down in the Mulsanne corner, I struggled a lot there and it looked very wet out for me. I was in 4th and thought, that's it. Then at the end of lap 20, @FERDOBOSS_F1 had an unfortunate spin and I could pass for 3rd. I didn't make any mistakes after that and could bring home 3rd place :)

Congrats to both @RRacerF4N and @Noxvi for the top positions (y) And great with 1st and 3rd for Team RRabba!

Zhuhai up next in glorious fog...(race thread already posted).
Yeah it was difficult at first but then I learned where to brake and how to position my car to not hit the puddles. I'm looking forward to Zhuhai.

Mr_JayDoubleU

GP2 Reserve Driver
Mar 28, 2018
Yes! My first win in Gt3! There's not a better place to do it, In Le mans :giggle:

First of all, really sad after read @Fred Ogega reported. I saw yor car diassapear in front of me. You deserved a podium today, be pacient, I'm sure it will come ;)

@Michel--NL Yeah, was like: what the hell is he doing? I Was close to crash into you :rolleyes: anyway move on, difficult race even for our minds.

Crazy race after go a little wide in indianapolis in turn one, I down to P10. After that I knew I had good pace in dry and I recovered places very fast until to come to P3 or P4 more or less.

In lap 6 everybody stopped and I decided in the last moment to do on more lap, and that decision could cost me the race today. What a nightmare lap on slicks and wet track. I spun in the Porsche curves touching a little bit the barrier, but no damages fortunately.

I changed tyres leaving the pits just in front of @YabbaTheHutt was close mate :eek:

After that @Noxvi was just in front passing to @Fred Ogega and @Michel--NL I did he same, being in P2 around lap 10. In this moment, in a very wet track @Noxvi was faster, but suddenly he entried in the pits to change tyres and I didn't realize. I tough I crossed the line in P2, but no! I won!

Supper happy and incredible race in epic conditions. GG everyone and we'll see in a couple of days (y)
Congrats dude!!! After driving a few season together a well deserved first first win at AoR GT3...Enjoy ;)

Last edited:

Mr_JayDoubleU

GP2 Reserve Driver
Mar 28, 2018
@Mr_JayDoubleU I saved my replay. If you need anything from it let me know and I'll try and get it for tomorrow.
Thanks for that @Archie619 but i will not put it to the stewards ( only needed if someone else put in an inquiry with me)...

The only thing i wish is people could take it easy on the first lap(s) and dont be to agressive...

Here is my pov , check 25:40..

@Bauwie , no need to say sorry mate, i already was sideways on the raceline..

Again sorry for my retirement... Race was over for me and with 3 out of 4 races with race incident, my motivation to stay 45 minutes at the back was gone... Wont happen again as you guys Aor put in a lot of effort and time in these championship

YabbaTheHutt

Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Thanks for that @Archie619 but i will not put it to the stewards ( only needed if someone else put in an inquiry with me)...

The only thing i wish is people could take it easy on the first lap(s) and dont be to agressive...

Here is my pov , check 25:40..

@Bauwie , no need to say sorry mate, i already was sideways on the raceline..

Again sorry for my retirement... Race was over for me and with 3 out of 4 races with race incident, my motivation to stay 45 minutes at the back was gone... Wont happen again as you guys Aor put in a lot of effort and time in these championship

No worries if you retire to the pit and stay there :)

• Informative
Reactions: Mr_JayDoubleU

FERDOBOSS_F1

Pro Karter
Dec 8, 2018
Hey guys, sorry for not texting yesterday after the race, I was a bit angry with myself and was a bit late (the race was TOO long)

Had a pretty good chance of ensuring my fist win but messed it up on my own like a fool. First in the pit stop where I crashed in the speed-limit-line braking :)))
I exited the pits in 9 position but had a good pace under the rain reaching the third place but crashing (again on my own) at T6. 9 damage, no problem.
When I saw @Noxvi pitting in at the last lap I lost concentration and did a little spin.
When there were just like 4 laps to go y crashed (again:):):) ) and did like 20 front damage and 20 suspension damage, Wich caused me to spin again at the end.

Congrats to @RRacerF4N for the win!

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Race: 7th - Got a decent start and tried to keep out of trouble. Narrowly avoided @Mr_JayDoubleU at the first corner going off track and given a warning to give a place back which I did. Settled into a rhythm and started to gain a few places before the rain came. Bolted on wets once I found my pit box and first lap the car felt strange and lacked feeling snsn grip. Second lap it was worse like driving on ice cold hard tyres. Going through the porsche curves I turned the wheel and the car went straight and barely turned at all, reduced my speed to a crawl and was still going straight on. Got damage and pitted again. Handling and tyres were back to normal which made no sense as I didn't change tyres, only fixed my damage. Possibly one of thr many gsme bugs. From there I was puddle hopping for the rest of the race. Couldn't go full throttle down the straights as the puddles were taking me off in another direction. Something that never happened in the practice race or my own races. Still I was happy to finish with decent points. Given the struggles.

Onto my favourite track where I had a world record time on pc1 so I know it fairly well. Need to get back on pace otherwise I definitely won't be winning the title.

Congrats to @RRacerF4N on the win. Well deserved and congrats to the rest of the podium. Challenging race and mentally hard.