PS4 - AOR GT3 S13 - PS4 Tier 3 - Round 6 - Sportsland Sugo - 10.07.19 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S13 - PS4 Tier 3 - Round 6 - Sportsland Sugo - 10.07.19 @8pm UK time

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Ehhh yeah... I might go to a department store nearby and get some stuff, see if i can fix it... I'm not that handy, but I hope i can fix it...
Or maybe buy a different pedals set soon...
New pedals are nice ;)

• Optimistic
Reactions: Bauwie

RRacer

AOR PS4 Endurance S4 T2 Champion
Jun 30, 2017
Qualy - 3rd + 1 grid penalty
Always I'm slower than in practice. I tought I could get pole doing 1.18 high. But I couldn't put together all sectors. I press the pit limiter very early, losing one place more, so was a frustrating qualifying session.

Race - 4th

Good start, maintaining the position and trying pass @FERDOBOSS_F1 ,who after 7 laps he was fighting with @Mhill but I couldn't close them enough despite they were losing time fighting each other. I tried to push more and I spun for the first time loosing one place with @McKinda

I tried to retake it, but here is so difficult to overtake, I touched the grass in the braking and I spun again, losing 2-3 positions more. After that, I decided to pit trying to reset my mind of all mistakes that I done, and trying to run alone putting my pace.

31 laps very consistent let me recover all places lost at the beginning when all drives pitted, finishing in the same place than I started. 4th.

To be honest, it's the best result I could reach without making mistakes. Top 3 was really quick today.

Congrats to the podium and @Noxvi once again, he has one hand in the title. Very solid season.

Noxvi

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T3 Champion
Feb 1, 2018
Qualifying P1: Very happy with my lap and managed to get pole I knew my race pace was very good so I was very looking forward to it.
Race P1! Second win with commanding pace throughout the race very satisfied with my driving no spins no losing time anywhere a flawless race. Not much happened except I got a weird 2 second time penalty, I opened the gap to @Mhill a lot and @FERDOBOSS_F1 was a good 9 seconds behind me in the end. Overall very satisfied onto the next race.

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Q: 10th
R: 9th

Quali was ok, not to far from my fastest in practise.
Start of the race... I started my summer vacation earlier in the day and that showed at the start. Wasn't really there at the start and got to last after second corner. Got some places back due to others spinning. Car didn't feel as good as it did in practise (doing mid 1:20s) and I couldn't even get into the 1:21... The car started to feel better around lap 20 and I started to feel more consistent. The only one I really raced was @BDG_Geo , first I chased him and after we both had pitted, he chased me for 9th. I was able to stay ahead. Pretty much sums up the whole race, nothing much happened.

Congrats to the podium guys (y)

See ya all at Indy Road next week :)

Reactions: Noxvi and RRacer

FERDOBOSS_F1

Pro Karter
Dec 8, 2018
Q: 4th (3rd)
R: 2nd
As always, my qualy time was worse than the practice ones as I couldn't manage to put all sectors together, but the @RRacerF4N penalty made me be 3rd at the end.

My race pace was surprisingly good, similar to @Noxvi 's, but I had a very intense battle with @Mhill that made me lose a bit of time. The battle ended with a touch at T9 that was totally my bad; I was trying to get all the slipstream possible to ensure the overtake but missed the braking point and literally ate the back end of the Lambo (Again, sorry Matt :) dont know if you had any damage). After the incident I pitted in to repair the small damage and focused in having a good pace (although having some minor incidents and slow-downs) for the end. When everybody pitted I was second, 10s away of noxvi, and was impossible to reach him.
Congrats for the win man!

BDG_Geo

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 20, 2019
Qualy - 3rd + 1 grid penalty
Always I'm slower than in practice. I tought I could get pole doing 1.18 high. But I couldn't put together all sectors. I press the pit limiter very early, losing one place more, so was a frustrating qualifying session.

Race - 4th

Good start, maintaining the position and trying pass @FERDOBOSS_F1 ,who after 7 laps he was fighting with @Mhill but I couldn't close them enough despite they were losing time fighting each other. I tried to push more and I spun for the first time loosing one place with @McKinda

I tried to retake it, but here is so difficult to overtake, I touched the grass in the braking and I spun again, losing 2-3 positions more. After that, I decided to pit trying to reset my mind of all mistakes that I done, and trying to run alone putting my pace.

31 laps very consistent let me recover all places lost at the beginning when all drives pitted, finishing in the same place than I started. 4th.

To be honest, it's the best result I could reach without making mistakes. Top 3 was really quick today.

Congrats to the podium and @Noxvi once again, he has one hand in the title. Very solid season.
Very inconsistent this game mate..i was nowhere near my practice pace..2 seconds roughly i was slower than the session i was in before i joined..i was in the 20s for pace but ended up being a lonely boring race in which i wasnt racing anyone.so very demoralizing knowing im not competitive in this tier honestly..sucks the fun right out of for me.not enjoyable being here to make up the numbers :( :/

RRacer

AOR PS4 Endurance S4 T2 Champion
Jun 30, 2017
Very inconsistent this game mate..i was nowhere near my practice pace..2 seconds roughly i was slower than the session i was in before i joined..i was in the 20s for pace but ended up being a lonely boring race in which i wasnt racing anyone.so very demoralizing knowing im not competitive in this tier honestly..sucks the fun right out of for me.not enjoyable being here to make up the numbers :( :/
Yeah, I spun a couple of time due to the different grip we had in comparison to the practice. Anyway, don't give up mate. I started the season with double 10th place. It's all about ups and downs (y)

BDG_Geo

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 20, 2019
Yeah, I spun a couple of time due to the different grip we had in comparison to the practice. Anyway, don't give up mate. I started the season with double 10th place. It's all about ups and downs (y)
Yeh i am pal..been persevering since before the start of the season.its hard to complete any of these races this season..it is just sucking the life out of me.each week i get hyped for the race and at then end of each one..i feel exact same way!i practice and practice but ther isnt much point in doing that if the pace isnt relative.its really difficult pushing myself to race each week when i know there isnt any racing to be had..after all...that is the point :(

Mhill

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018
Q: 4th (3rd)
R: 2nd
As always, my qualy time was worse than the practice ones as I couldn't manage to put all sectors together, but the @RRacerF4N penalty made me be 3rd at the end.

My race pace was surprisingly good, similar to @Noxvi 's, but I had a very intense battle with @Mhill that made me lose a bit of time. The battle ended with a touch at T9 that was totally my bad; I was trying to get all the slipstream possible to ensure the overtake but missed the braking point and literally ate the back end of the Lambo (Again, sorry Matt :) dont know if you had any damage). After the incident I pitted in to repair the small damage and focused in having a good pace (although having some minor incidents and slow-downs) for the end. When everybody pitted I was second, 10s away of noxvi, and was impossible to reach him.
Congrats for the win man!
Yeah no worries dude. Was fun trying to keep a much faster driver behind me. You seemed to have a lot more grip than I had. Like you the track seemed a lot more slippy than practice so didn't feel I could push in the same places I could in practice so ended up driving within myself and just keeping it on the track (mostly). Somehow no damage from the contact but no problems know it was unintentional. Thought that the undercut would probably be on when you went on earlier than me, think I came back out 10 seconds or so behind you. Was pretty boring race other than our battle as couldnt keep up with noxvi but had a decent gap to 3rd. So was driving around in a bit of a bubble. Wp to you and @Noxvi though. Think I've got some work cut out for me if I want a win this season...

JR-Lock-N-Load

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Mar 27, 2019
Yeh i am pal..been persevering since before the start of the season.its hard to complete any of these races this season..it is just sucking the life out of me.each week i get hyped for the race and at then end of each one..i feel exact same way!i practice and practice but ther isnt much point in doing that if the pace isnt relative.its really difficult pushing myself to race each week when i know there isnt any racing to be had..after all...that is the point :(
its probley no comfort atm but you are rapid Geo you do have the skills to compete and these 100% more pace to come its just getting the setup to work in Race settings trust me i no its been 50/50 all season for me if practice pace will be any were near race pace usually its not

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Q: 9
R: 7

Had some awkward moments with the rolling start when the pedal shifter registered two downshift instead of 1. So it shifted back from 3th to 1 which will give you an very unstable car :eek:
Sorry @YabbaTheHutt if you where thinking what the .... is he doing :whistle:

The start was nice and I settled behind @BDG_Geo for 5 laps and was trying to keep an eye out where he was slow. In lap 6 I think he made some mistakes and I know I could take him in corner 5 (I think it was 5). Thank Geo for giving me the space and not slamming the door into my face :)
After that it was only @Tin32. Was a really nice cat and mouse game for 30 laps (y).
In lap 26 there was an :alien: called @FERDOBOSS_F1 catching me with great speed. I knew that I need to let him pass but without loosing to much time to @Tin32. I think he understood the message when I gave him the room and without loosing any time he passed me.
Then back behind @Tin32 untill he went into the pits and I knew now it was the time for not make any mistakes and pit 3 laps later. That worked and when I left the pits I was 0.4 seconds in front of him.

Really happy with these results. Best finish place in this season :)

BDG_Geo

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 20, 2019
Q: 9
R: 7

Had some awkward moments with the rolling start when the pedal shifter registered two downshift instead of 1. So it shifted back from 3th to 1 which will give you an very unstable car :eek:
Sorry @YabbaTheHutt if you where thinking what the .... is he doing :whistle:

The start was nice and I settled behind @BDG_Geo for 5 laps and was trying to keep an eye out where he was slow. In lap 6 I think he made some mistakes and I know I could take him in corner 5 (I think it was 5). Thank Geo for giving me the space and not slamming the door into my face :)
After that it was only @Tin32. Was a really nice cat and mouse game for 30 laps (y).
In lap 26 there was an :alien: called @FERDOBOSS_F1 catching me with great speed. I knew that I need to let him pass but without loosing to much time to @Tin32. I think he understood the message when I gave him the room and without loosing any time he passed me.
Then back behind @Tin32 untill he went into the pits and I knew now it was the time for not make any mistakes and pit 3 laps later. That worked and when I left the pits I was 0.4 seconds in front of him.

Really happy with these results. Best finish place in this season :)

The move was fair and awesome and out of nowhere..i said on my stream "whoa what a move that was..and its the kind of overtaking i dont really mind happening to me" ;)

Reactions: Michel--NL

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
The move was fair and awesome and out of nowhere..i said on my stream "whoa what a move that was..and its the kind of overtaking i dont really mind happening to me" ;)
I saw the gap and I thought it is now or never... Didn't had the speed to do it on the straight and that sector of the track (watching it for 5 laps behind you) was the only place where I could get close to you.

• Friendly
Reactions: BDG_Geo

BDG_Geo

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 20, 2019
I saw the gap and I thought it is now or never... Didn't had the speed to do it on the straight and that sector of the track (watching it for 5 laps behind you) was the only place where I could get close to you.
Yeh i saw u filling my mirror for a while and knew it would come..worst thing i could have done was slow u up and ruin ur race..soooo glad i didnt and u went on to get some good points :)

Reactions: Michel--NL

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Yeh i saw u filling my mirror for a while and knew it would come..worst thing i could have done was slow u up and ruin ur race..soooo glad i didnt and u went on to get some good points :)
For me you where not slow at all, it was difficult enough to stay on your back.
Just watch you video on YT and looked nice when I took you by surprise :)
And about your comment at the end...I'm also a little bit lost in this tier. But I think more drivers have the same problem. The problem is that we don't have enough signed up drivers this season to spread it in more tiers.
For me this season is just surviving and try to finish in the top 10. Top 5 would be a big achievement for me and should feel the same as winning the race :)