PS4 - AOR GT3 S13 - PS4 Tier 3 - Round 7 - Indianapolis Road - 17.07.19 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S13 - PS4 Tier 3 - Round 7 - Indianapolis Road - 17.07.19 @8pm UK time

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Q: 10th
R: 6th
I have absolutely no idea what the hell I'm doing wrong with quali!!! This time I had practised doing quali and had a special setup for quali but still 0.8 seconds slower than I've done in practise...
Race started not so good. Was on the outside for turn 1, got a little wide and it felt like 3 cars wide for the reminder of the first sector. Got a bad exit out of the small chicane and lost 2 more spots after the sharp left hander. So, I was last after the first lap and decided to pit after second race lap. Came out about 12 seconds behind @Michel--NL and about 16 behind @Archie619 The next lap Michel spun in corner one and the gap was down to 5.5 seconds and I thought that this could be interesting! Spent the rest of the race to try to close the gap but I couldn't make any serious time on him. It went from 5.5 down to 4.5 and then up to 6 and then slowly down again. I was driving really consistent lap times and so did he. At the end of the race it was just under 2 seconds between us. So after 39 laps of chasing I only catched him with 3.5 seconds...
I wasn't to exited over this race but I am really pleased with 6th place :)

Congrats to the podium guys!

Next up is Fuji (that I don't like) and it is rain (which most definitely don't like)...

McKinda

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 25, 2019
Q:8
R: disconnected due to hail storm
After the fairly good start i was side by side with my team m8 @Michel--NL and went a little wide in 1st corner which actually got me up to 5 or 6th position. After @Archie619 went for early pit stop I soon ended in 3rd place.
After that all went down for me...all the sudden i got distracted with storm approaching outside the house and i lost my momentum and focus as storm was closer and closer. In lap 41 heavy hailstorm started and I lost electrical power wich ment disconnection for me.
Dont kniw how many of you pitted in last two laps... If noone then i would ended 11th i think which would be a dissapointed result for promising start... I hope for better outside weather next week coz in game its going to be rainy.
Congratz to @Noxvi for another superb performance and win.
C u next week.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Q: 6
R: 5

Was trying the pitstop entry with the qualification and I forgot that there are rules for speeding in the pitlane :rolleyes:. Result 1 grid place penalty.

The start was a little bumpy with other cars and very close. I decided to make an early pitstop to get out off the traffic. @YabbaTheHutt did the same and he was the complete race forcing me to go fast and concentrate :)
Think I told in the chat that the first corner was my scary one and what happened...yes I took it for an 260 degrees spin lap 5.
Other then that not much happened...focusing and focusing til the end and watching the gap with Yabba :)

Noxvi

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T3 Champion
Feb 1, 2018
Got pole and the win perfect race for me like the previous one 3rd win. The race was pretty uneventful, I made 0 mistakes and was incredibly consistent I felt like I could push whenever I wanted to and I could do slower laps when I was controlling the race. Next up is Fuji a track I quite like.

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Qualifying: 2nd - Could have had the pole on my final lap but lost half a second at the final two corners. Still a good result.

Race: 4th - Again had the win in my grasp but got held up and one silly spin. Pitted lap one to get out the traffic and focus on my own pace. Kept my pace steady and dropped the gap to @Noxvi to underneath a pit stop which meant I was in a net first place. Then it unraveled first with @Tin32 and @McKinda holding me up and costing me a tonne of time. Then a silly spin lost me time and a place to @FERDOBOSS_F1. Followed and brought it home from there. Could have won this one as I had the pace and if not for the traffic I would have but that's the gamble pitting early.

Had I not lost the early places with cold tyres I would have stayed out and really pushed @Noxvi. Well done to the podium though.

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

Noxvi

Feb 1, 2018
Qualifying: 2nd - Could have had the pole on my final lap but lost half a second at the final two corners. Still a good result.

Race: 4th - Again had the win in my grasp but got held up and one silly spin. Pitted lap one to get out the traffic and focus on my own pace. Kept my pace steady and dropped the gap to @Noxvi to underneath a pit stop which meant I was in a net first place. Then it unraveled first with @Tin32 and @McKinda holding me up and costing me a tonne of time. Then a silly spin lost me time and a place to @FERDOBOSS_F1. Followed and brought it home from there. Could have won this one as I had the pace and if not for the traffic I would have but that's the gamble pitting early.

Had I not lost the early places with cold tyres I would have stayed out and really pushed @Noxvi. Well done to the podium though.
How much time is the pit stop isn't it 35 seconds?

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
How much time is the pit stop isn't it 35 seconds?
It was closer to 41 due to the pit lane being so long. I pitted lap one and I was 45 behind you when I came out. Got it down to 38/9 when I hit traffic. I was getting a few tenths a lap off the gap every lap so if I hadn't been held up so badly I'd have got you in the pits and had a few seconds gap. With others defending and working traffic the gap grew to just over 54 I think

But it's a gamble pitting early. This week it didn't pay off but it would have had a few cars not defended as hard as they did.

Noxvi

Feb 1, 2018
It was closer to 41 due to the pit lane being so long. I pitted lap one and I was 45 behind you when I came out. Got it down to 38/9 when I hit traffic. I was getting a few tenths a lap off the gap every lap so if I hadn't been held up so badly I'd have got you in the pits and had a few seconds gap. With others defending and working traffic the gap grew to just over 54 I think

But it's a gamble pitting early. This week it didn't pay off but it would have had a few cars not defended as hard as they did.
I was checking the times a lot and it seems that the relative is inconsistent, I'm pretty sure you were more than 44 seconds behind me before I pitted.

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
I was checking the times a lot and it seems that the relative is inconsistent, I'm pretty sure you were more than 44 seconds behind me before I pitted.
When you pitted I had already lost about 20 seconds of time from being held up in traffic and my spin that lost a place to ferdoboss. Before I caught traffic I was under 40 seconds which would have been enough to take the lead had you pitted.

Noxvi

Feb 1, 2018
When you pitted I had already lost about 20 seconds of time from being held up in traffic and my spin that lost a place to ferdoboss. Before I caught traffic I was under 40 seconds which would have been enough to take the lead had you pitted.
Idk about that, either way it might be the glitchy relative. I even checked my replay but you were never under 44 seconds gap to me in the race, pretty sure I would have spotted that during the race I was looking at the relative a lot.

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Idk about that, either way it might be the glitchy relative. I even checked my replay but you were never under 44 seconds gap to me in the race, pretty sure I would have spotted that during the race I was looking at the relative a lot.
With me at the back of the field you wouldn't see my time difference? Not until I was 5th or 6th.

Noxvi

Feb 1, 2018
With me at the back of the field you wouldn't see my time difference? Not until I was 5th or 6th.
Yeah I pitted on lap 38 and 6th place was no less than 41 seconds behind for the whole race before I pitted. Idk how you could have been behind 6th and been in my pitstop window anyways onto the next race.

Mhill

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018
Well this race turned out ok for me considering I only managed to get on to sort setup and practice an hour before the race.... Qualified 4th finished 2nd.

Race started ok got a positions off @Archie619 and @RRacerF4N after loosing one to @FERDOBOSS_F1. Didn't have the best pace for the first half of the race but the car came to me the second half (probably as I learnt the track and got into a rhythm). Caught up with @FERDOBOSS_F1 and went for an ambitious dive up the inside into T1 but couldn't hold onto the rear spinning and putting me back into p6 and loosing a huge chunk of time. Had to battle back passed @Chechum and @McKinda but luckily saw an opportunity and managed to overtake them both in pretty much the same move.. Then it was a case of getting a rhythm going and building up my pace over the rest of the race. @FERDOBOSS_F1 pitted quite a bit earlier than me so knew I had some time to make up. To get out ahead of him at the pits. Started getting some serious pace towards the end of the race with a vast majority of my last 10-15 laps being 1:35s but had a couple more sketchy moments and a minor spin so thought @FERDOBOSS_F1 would overtake me in the pits when I went in lap 39ish. But somehow managed to get out ahead of him with a gap of 0.5 seconds. Pretty pleased at that point but realised the pit had made it feel like o was now driving on ice. So the final few laps were me defending like mad to keep @FERDOBOSS_F1 behind me. Just about managed to do it but it was very very close. But again was great fun racing with such a quick but clean racer. Congrats to @Noxvi on the win. By the time I managed to pick up my pace and after my few errors you were a long way up the road. Overall pretty chuffed with the result considering the lack of practice!

FERDOBOSS_F1

Pro Karter
Dec 8, 2018
Q: 3
R: 3
Finally i did a good qualy, doing mi best time and just some milliseconds behind the poleman.

Started the race losing 2 positions at the 1st corner but I was 2nd at the end of the lap.
I managed tho mantain a nice pace being 5-6 seconds behind @Noxvi till i made a mistake and went to the gravel. After that I pitted and tried to keep a good pace but I was doing 26:0's, so when @Mhill exited the pits it was just right in front of me. There were just 3 laps to go, but he managed to defend like a god! He leaved me no door to pass through, so I finished 3rd after a very nice and clean fight!!
(Lap 40/min 1:24:50)

Mhill

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018
Q: 3
R: 3
Finally i did a good qualy, doing mi best time and just some milliseconds behind the poleman.

Started the race losing 2 positions at the 1st corner but I was 2nd at the end of the lap.
I managed tho mantain a nice pace being 5-6 seconds behind @Noxvi till i made a mistake and went to the gravel. After that I pitted and tried to keep a good pace but I was doing 26:0's, so when @Mhill exited the pits it was just right in front of me. There were just 3 laps to go, but he managed to defend like a god! He leaved me no door to pass through, so I finished 3rd after a very nice and clean fight!!
(Lap 40/min 1:24:50)
Nice! Battle looks cooler from your pov. You can see how tail happy the car was getting when I came out of the pits. Was a nightmare to keep hold of. Just had to make sure I kept parking it on the apexes and ensuring you couldn't get a run on me. Was close on the final corner of the final lap though. Great racing again though and nice move on the first lap. Caught me napping!

Chechum

Pro Karter
Oct 13, 2018
Hi!
Q:9th R:7th

After almost half a year without playing, now I have some spare time and motivation to compete. I'm very glad to be back again in AOR, a highly reputed organization in simracing :giggle: Although only 4 races are left, I wanted to take part to be prepared and achieve a place for the next seasons. That's kind of a "pre-season" for me, but that doesn't mean I don't fight seriously, of course I do!
I expected a worst result for this race, because I started training on Monday night and drove just for one hour on Wednesday. I didn't know the car before joining here either, but at least I think it's not difficult to handle. Anyway, to be honest, I don't believe I wouldn't have improved enough to gain many positions if I had had more time.

I didn't modify the setup, chose the "stable" default setup instead of the "unstable" (I'm playing with the Spanish version of the game, not sure if the translations are like this) because I didn't have enough time to test setups, so it was better to get pace quickly. From the last times I had played PCars2, I remember the "unstable" setup could be a bit tricky for some cars. For the next GP, I'm going to try the "unstable" ( :confused: I don't think it'll work on the wet Fuji haha) and I may touch some parameters. Let's see if I can improve a bit. I also have to check the aids. I raced with low TC and ABS. Do most of you use these controls? If so, low or high?
During the qualy, I did one decent lap only. In the rest of laps, I made some stupid mistakes. However, those mistakes were useful for me for the race because I realized my limits. By the way, I have one question: can we enter boxes pressing the option within the menu in the middle of a qualifying lap (out of the track, though)? I thought it was forbidden for qualy too, but now reading again I have a doubt.
Regarding the race, the best thing was that I had only one spin and I was consistent during the rest. I had another mistake when I touched @McKinda a bit in the 12th turn and caused him a spin. I didn't overtake him, I waited for him, it had been my fault because I began the turn too closed. Sorry :( We had a good battle though, with @RRacerF4N behind. I was happy being 4th but it was temporary because some drivers had entered boxes. It seems these cars didn't wear the tyres. After my pit stop in 21st lap, I was 10th. I was 8th without any overtaking after @RRacerF4N pit stop. He left boxes with 3-4 seconds in front of me, I guess due to my spin because my pace looked similar to his pace. Finally, in the penultimate apex, he lost his car and I could overtake him.
I had another incident with @Michel--NL in the 11th turn of the 2nd lap if I'm not wrong. The driver in front of me crossed his car, my car oversteered and got slower than expected, so I wasn't aware of @Michel--NL next to me and we touched each other. Luckily, nothing happened.

As said, very satisfied to be racing here again and looking forward to the next race. Fuji + rain is very attractive!! Have a nice weekend guys!

Mhill

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018
Hi!
Q:9th R:7th

After almost half a year without playing, now I have some spare time and motivation to compete. I'm very glad to be back again in AOR, a highly reputed organization in simracing :giggle: Although only 4 races are left, I wanted to take part to be prepared and achieve a place for the next seasons. That's kind of a "pre-season" for me, but that doesn't mean I don't fight seriously, of course I do!
I expected a worst result for this race, because I started training on Monday night and drove just for one hour on Wednesday. I didn't know the car before joining here either, but at least I think it's not difficult to handle. Anyway, to be honest, I don't believe I wouldn't have improved enough to gain many positions if I had had more time.

I didn't modify the setup, chose the "stable" default setup instead of the "unstable" (I'm playing with the Spanish version of the game, not sure if the translations are like this) because I didn't have enough time to test setups, so it was better to get pace quickly. From the last times I had played PCars2, I remember the "unstable" setup could be a bit tricky for some cars. For the next GP, I'm going to try the "unstable" ( :confused: I don't think it'll work on the wet Fuji haha) and I may touch some parameters. Let's see if I can improve a bit. I also have to check the aids. I raced with low TC and ABS. Do most of you use these controls? If so, low or high?
During the qualy, I did one decent lap only. In the rest of laps, I made some stupid mistakes. However, those mistakes were useful for me for the race because I realized my limits. By the way, I have one question: can we enter boxes pressing the option within the menu in the middle of a qualifying lap (out of the track, though)? I thought it was forbidden for qualy too, but now reading again I have a doubt.
Regarding the race, the best thing was that I had only one spin and I was consistent during the rest. I had another mistake when I touched @McKinda a bit in the 12th turn and caused him a spin. I didn't overtake him, I waited for him, it had been my fault because I began the turn too closed. Sorry :( We had a good battle though, with @RRacerF4N behind. I was happy being 4th but it was temporary because some drivers had entered boxes. It seems these cars didn't wear the tyres. After my pit stop in 21st lap, I was 10th. I was 8th without any overtaking after @RRacerF4N pit stop. He left boxes with 3-4 seconds in front of me, I guess due to my spin because my pace looked similar to his pace. Finally, in the penultimate apex, he lost his car and I could overtake him.
I had another incident with @Michel--NL in the 11th turn of the 2nd lap if I'm not wrong. The driver in front of me crossed his car, my car oversteered and got slower than expected, so I wasn't aware of @Michel--NL next to me and we touched each other. Luckily, nothing happened.

As said, very satisfied to be racing here again and looking forward to the next race. Fuji + rain is very attractive!! Have a nice weekend guys!
Do you mean can you return to pits using the in game option rather than actually diving to the pits? If yes then yeah that's allowed obviously make sure you aren't in anyone's way when you do it but it's allowed

Reactions: Chechum