PS4 - AOR GT3 S13 - PS4 Tier 3 - Round 8 - Fuji GP - 24.07.19 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S13 - PS4 Tier 3 - Round 8 - Fuji GP - 24.07.19 @8pm UK time

Noxvi

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T3 Champion
Feb 1, 2018
Got disconnected and couldn't connect back I tried everything. Definitely due to using mobile data but I don't have any option as I'm not home and wanted to race this week, I hope I can race tomorrow. I know I did a whole race in donington back in season 9 with mobile data and it worked.

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

Mhill

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018
Got disconnected and couldn't connect back I tried everything. Definitely due to using mobile data but I don't have any option as I'm not home and wanted to race this week, I hope I can race tomorrow. I know I did a whole race in donington back in season 9 with mobile data and it worked.
What is your ping like to a UK server on your mobile data?

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
The thing is that @frabiond had the same issue. Told him to restart his PS4 and router and I know that he restarted PS4. Then he could join without any problems.

Reactions: frabiond

Mhill

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018
79 ping 17 download and 29 upload
What about though the PS4? Obviously can't choose a server but it should give you an idea of how well it is connected.

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
@NiciGibson
We have one guy missing for this race so there is room for you to race tonight :)

@Foffy53
I also know that at least one driver might miss tonights race with a late call. Please be prepared in case a call to race comes late (y)

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
@YabbaTheHutt about last nights lobby. Did we have accelerated tyre wear? I've watched the videos of a few in the fast lobby last night and my tyre wear was at least double, if not more than what they had?

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
@YabbaTheHutt about last nights lobby. Did we have accelerated tyre wear? I've watched the videos of a few in the fast lobby last night and my tyre wear was at least double, if not more than what they had?
No, same settings as always. I know that wet weather is a bit problematic on PCars 2 with tyre wear. That's why I asked you how your tyre wear was with the early pit stop. My wear was horrible up to the time I pitted...

Reactions: Archie619

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
No, same settings as always. I know that wet weather is a bit problematic on PCars 2 with tyre wear. That's why I asked you how your tyre wear was with the early pit stop. My wear was horrible up to the time I pitted...
Yeah all the practice I've done my tyres have been fine, that's why I did my early stop. Last night was the first time I've had issues with the wear and when I saw the other lobby's tyres were a lot better than mine were I started to wonder.

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Yeah all the practice I've done my tyres have been fine, that's why I did my early stop. Last night was the first time I've had issues with the wear and when I saw the other lobby's tyres were a lot better than mine were I started to wonder.
Well... When I practise on my own, tyre wear is enormous (10 laps = 40% wear). On Monday we had a practise lobby with @Slicker as host. After 20 minutes of racing my wear was only 8% but yesterday it was around 16-18% after the same time. There is a difference in the weather itself in the game, 3 different lobbies will give you slightly different weather but the wear seems too much anyway.

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
I'm looking forward to it. :)
Did you get a friend request from me yesterday? It seems that PSN was a bit strange yesterday so maybe my request didn't go through.

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Well... When I practise on my own, tyre wear is enormous (10 laps = 40% wear). On Monday we had a practise lobby with @Slicker as host. After 20 minutes of racing my wear was only 8% but yesterday it was around 16-18% after the same time. There is a difference in the weather itself in the game, 3 different lobbies will give you slightly different weather but the wear seems too much anyway.
Only thing I could think of was the amount in the lobby. All my testing has been with a full grid of cars and I've easily made the full race with no tyre issues at all.

Now I don't know how to tackle strategy tonight. Leaves me once again thinking why bother with practice when it's going to be massively different come race day.

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Now I don't know how to tackle strategy tonight. Leaves me once again thinking why bother with practice when it's going to be massively different come race day.
Yes, 3 races in a row now where I have a very different car in the real lobby compared with practise...

Reactions: Archie619

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
I had the same problems with tires. Practiced Monday with 2 drivers in an online lobby and could easily do with an one stopper. Yesterday again with 2 drivers I could only do 10 laps with the tires and my laptimes where horrible :(

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
I had the same problems with tires. Practiced Monday with 2 drivers in an online lobby and could easily do with an one stopper. Yesterday again with 2 drivers I could only do 10 laps with the tires and my laptimes where horrible :(
Only option looks like to have multiple strategys saved and choose while racing. Which isn't ideal in a wet race.