PS4 - AOR GT3 S13 - PS4 Tier 4 - Round 3 - Barcelona-Catalunya GP - 19.06.19 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S13 - PS4 Tier 4 - Round 3 - Barcelona-Catalunya GP - 19.06.19 @8pm UK time

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Congrats. I'm usually a second slower with cockpit cam than bonnet cam. You got all my respect ahah
I'm also slower with cockpit cam. But I like it to have it as near as real racing possible and I have never driven an car when I was sitting on the roof :p
When I just started racing I was using the bonnet cam. I tried it again this season with the endurance, but 2 hours racing is getting very bored with the bonnet cam. In the cockpit you have something to look at ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Slicker

Will Friedmann

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jun 1, 2019
I'm also slower with cockpit cam. But I like it to have it as near as real racing possible and I have never driven an car when I was sitting on the roof :p
When I just started racing I was using the bonnet cam. I tried it again this season with the endurance, but 2 hours racing is getting very bored with the bonnet cam. In the cockpit you have something to look at ;)
So true, you think the same as @Slicker . I don't mind to use the cockpit view sometimes. But I'm just not competitive enough with this view. And there are pretty fast guys in Tier 2, so I use the bonnet cam, just to not be last lol.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
So true, you think the same as @Slicker . I don't mind to use the cockpit view sometimes. But I'm just not competitive enough with this view. And there are pretty fast guys in Tier 2, so I use the bonnet cam, just to not be last lol.
It is allowed to use it...so no problem with that (y) You need to use what you like the most and where you get the most satisfaction from :)

Reactions: Will Friedmann

Tomji_

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Apr 9, 2017
Just a quick note about Tuesday - I am not treating this as a race. I haven't got much time to practice for this race so I will not be fighting for positions with anyone, so it's purely a test session for me.

haddi38

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 13, 2017
Just a quick note about Tuesday - I am not treating this as a race. I haven't got much time to practice for this race so I will not be fighting for positions with anyone, so it's purely a test session for me.
We are hoping it is more of a practice race anyway and more importantly a test of the lagging issues seen the last few races pal

neonostra

GP2 Test Driver
Oct 24, 2017
Been doing a few more laps round Barcelona and got time down to 2.3 sec off my tt time which I'm happy with because I'm using pad and also changed my view to cockpit cam
The change from bonnet to helmetcam is what made me faster.
When you set the camera to look to the apex when turning it's much easier to find the apex.
Also change the FOV with a calculater and in my experience your going a lot faster. Try it.
When you got used to the cockpit or helmetcam.....you never go back!

Jimski78

Pro Karter
May 8, 2018
I'll try and get on for the test tomorrow but I also do testing with mates on Tuesday so I'll let you know tomorrow if that's ok. Thanks

Reactions: haddi38

haddi38

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 13, 2017
Practice/test lobby for tier 4 drivers only invites will be sent at 7:45 to all, even if you've already said you not available just easier to send to all and only those available then join :) please make sure you have my psn haddi_racing and if not add me please

Jimski78

Pro Karter
May 8, 2018
Practice/test lobby for tier 4 drivers only invites will be sent at 7:45 to all, even if you've already said you not available just easier to send to all and only those available then join :) please make sure you have my psn haddi_racing and if not add me please
I can deffo join the session tonight but have to go out later so won't be able to finish the session

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Could you send me also an invite?
We could check the lobby settings.
What about the practice? do we want to do an full race? People can leave if they want...this time, normally it is not allowed ;)

Fot79

Formula Karter
May 13, 2019
What about the practice? do we want to do an full race? People can leave if they want...this time, normally it is not allowed ;)

If it were possible I would do the whole race. I need to practise with the rain

Fot79

Formula Karter
May 13, 2019
Do you guys use gloves? With these temperatures I sweat a lot on the steering wheel

haddi38

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 13, 2017
Will do pal, just wired my ps4 to router and getting 46.5 so hopefully no problems there lol

Reactions: Michel--NL

Tomji_

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Apr 9, 2017
Thanks for tonight guys. I just wanted to get as far as the transition to wet.

Would like a bit more pace, but we’ll see what happens tomorrow.