PC - AOR GT3 S14 - PC Tier 2 - Round 5: Nürburgring Combined - 20.11.19 @8PM UK TIME | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S14 - PC Tier 2 - Round 5: Nürburgring Combined - 20.11.19 @8PM UK TIME

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016

ROUND 5 - Nürburgring Combined

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 20 November 2019
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 7 Laps

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying:
Medium Cloud
- Race:
Medium Cloud

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 19/05/2019 13:00
- Race start time: 19/05/2019 14:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:
- @D3VIL
- @Tw1c3 | Fancy eSports

Uninformed No Shows:

Last edited:
Reactions: martin78 and Enton

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
As you can see we are not doing a full formation lap. The formation and acceleration zones are on the Nürburgring GP track.
1573815045291.png

• Useful
  • Clever
Reactions: mbkmsi and Enton

Mearcat

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 9, 2018
I can race...... but you can't make me! :giggle:

Maybe I want to drive competitively :p

Yes I'll be there

Last edited:

NynS

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 23, 2019
Let's see, if you get damage in turn 1, you'd have to nurse your car back for 9 minutes (read: 7 laps on a normal track). Oof. :)

As my rear wing is a target for people (Texas, Sonoma), PLEASE be careful guys :D.

• Agree
Reactions: D.Brezancic

mbkmsi

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 13, 2019
we all need to be SOOO careful :D

and please please please everybody check their mirrors all the time.
and please don't force to overtake if there's no space - better wait 5-25 corners than ruin at least two driver's races.
and please stop blocking if someone waaay faster approaches you.
and please don't weave left and right and left.
and please drive as if it where your own car you worked 25 years for.

I'm hyped. But a bit anxious :D

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
and please don't force to overtake if there's no space - better wait 5-25 corners than ruin at least two driver's races.
and please stop blocking if someone waaay faster approaches you.
These 2 point are kinda contradicting mate. You ask the fast drivers to have patience behind a slow driver but then you ask the slow drivers to avoid holding the faster guys up. I agree on the guy behind should be patient but you shouldn't just give a position away just because someone is faster than you but can't overtake. We are still racing here afterall. The rules are as they've been for the past 4 races in the season. It's still the attacking driver's responsibility to not make contact with the car in front.
If you're talking about blue flags, then that's a different situation altogether of course. Then you should let the lapper through.

Generally there aren't many places to overtake on the Nordschleife itself other than the last sector from the long straight where the track widens. And then of course there are plenty of overtaking opportunities on the GP track as well

Reactions: Mr zak

Mearcat

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 9, 2018
and please don't weave left and right and left.
This will be difficult and everyone needs to be aware that the racing line through 3 sections of this track force this situation.

I agree with everyones comments so far and I will be extra cautious, I hate this track. Too many corner/gears to remember. I will be taking care to avoid stupid moves right at the start and in tight spots. This track gets narrow in lots of places.

mbkmsi

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 13, 2019
These 2 point are kinda contradicting mate. You ask the fast drivers to have patience behind a slow driver but then you ask the slow drivers to avoid holding the faster guys up. I agree on the guy behind should be patient but you shouldn't just give a position away just because someone is faster than you but can't overtake. We are still racing here afterall. The rules are as they've been for the past 4 races in the season. It's still the attacking driver's responsibility to not make contact with the car in front.
If you're talking about blue flags, then that's a different situation altogether of course. Then you should let the lapper through.

Generally there aren't many places to overtake on the Nordschleife itself other than the last sector from the long straight where the track widens. And then of course there are plenty of overtaking opportunities on the GP track as well
Na, not really contradicting.

If you're faster you'll probably get around quite quick. BUT. Do not force it. And if you have someone waaay faster behind you - way of course you can race! No matter if 5 corners or 5 laps. As long as you don't hinder the one behind you in a somewhat "unfair" way.

I just meant e.g. if you are running 8.35 times and the one behind you is running 8.20... well at somepoint there will be things happening if the faster driver is becoming impatient or the leading driver thinks "nope, not today not ever".

Or you notice that you're up by 10 seconds to the one behind you... but 20 corners later he's DIRECTLY at your rear wing. That's something where you should ask yourself "well how long can I fight OR does it even make sense."

In close racing - as long as you keep it fair - fight from start to finish of course :)

btw: you as in "everyone" not you especially. Obviously. But wanted to make that sure :D

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Hi

hi after acc zone where do we have right to overtake? In normal track it is after finish line
I don't actually think we've given that a thought, but I'd say after the right hand kink is probably fine

Enton

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 16, 2016
Hey @TicklishPicklewickle, so my teammate is out tonight, so i just wanna ask can i use my favourite Haribo livery(s) just for tonight's race(i already changed once)?

20190523210205_1.jpg

20190523210207_1.jpg

Here is one link for it(googledrive):

Link