PC - AOR GT3 S14 - PC Tier 2 - Round 6: Sakitto GP - 27.11.19 @8PM UK TIME | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S14 - PC Tier 2 - Round 6: Sakitto GP - 27.11.19 @8PM UK TIME

Enton

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 16, 2016
Then go in a bit slower and don't hit the cones :p
The official pit exit lane is slower a bit i think than i will take that for meself, if the cones still in position, if it rolled i will try that "faster" version. Thats me plan out.

Last edited:

mbkmsi

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 13, 2019
looks like we are going to have a 4-5 big puddles, and at least 3 will be dangerous!
Question @ everyone: how to f**ing survive the first big puddle with slicks? No way for me to do it. Brake/throttle/clutch/no throttle all work 50% at best and send me into the wall the other 50%...

JackGame88

Formula Karter
Apr 15, 2019
What are your lap times on wet and with full tank? I’m currently doing around 1:54.5 (that’s my best, not average!) Obviously the key is not to get thrown away on the paddles...

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
What are your lap times on wet and with full tank? I’m currently doing around 1:54.5 (that’s my best, not average!) Obviously the key is not get thrown away on the paddles...
Was doing mid 52s on my first run today. The hardest part isn't to get a fast lap in tho. Those puddles are ruthless D:

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
oh, it looks like I have a lot to work on then..
As I said, keeping the car on the track is priority #1. As it is right now I can't drive 5 whole laps without getting sent into a wall because of a puddle so that time really means nothing in the end :p
Also, livetrack works in mysterious ways when it comes to rain as well. I can only do mid 52s for the first 2-3 laps. Then the track starts to soak more and more in and I gradually get slower and slower. So getting an "average" time isn't really possible as times will vary a lot as the track "soaks up"

Mr zak

Pro Karter
Oct 4, 2019
As I said, keeping the car on the track is priority #1. As it is right now I can't drive 5 whole laps without getting sent into a wall because of a puddle so that time really means nothing in the end :p
Also, livetrack works in mysterious ways when it comes to rain as well. I can only do mid 52s for the first 2-3 laps. Then the track starts to soak more and more in and I gradually get slower and slower. So getting an "average" time isn't really possible as times will vary a lot as the track "soaks up"
Is the weather gonna be sunny on any time at race?
And yes i tested i did 1:54 for 2 first laps.and then i see new paddles , and small one become bigger ! So we have to manage that! Just hope that the weather gonna be better

D.Brezancic

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 6, 2017
Yes, approximately last third of the race will be sunny, but couple of puddles will remain to the end. But you never be sure when wet weather is on.

mbkmsi

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 13, 2019
As it is right now I can't drive 5 whole laps without getting sent into a wall because of a puddle so that time really means nothing in the end :p

Yup, same for me.

I start with 52s and 53s but after 5 laps it's 54s, after 10 it's 55s and then it drops to 57s.

But again: The first puddle will end a lot of races or provide for a plentiful of pitstops. Still no idea how to survive^^

JackGame88

Formula Karter
Apr 15, 2019
This race is going the be very painful... Following a car is impossible, I can’t see anything; the car behaves like on ice skating for most of the race; and on top of that it’s 1.5h

• Agree
Reactions: D.Brezancic

PhantomHamster

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jun 23, 2016
I think the best way to approach this race will be to survive the rain and fight when the track dries. Need to get practicing as I've had a busy weekend with friends coming to stay.

JackGame88

Formula Karter
Apr 15, 2019
Agree with all my heart, although it’s easier said than done. I’ve tried some practice laps with AI, and it’s even harder to stay on track when it’s drying out but not dry enough for slicks