PC - AOR GT3 S14 - PC Tier 2 - Round 6: Sakitto GP - 27.11.19 @8PM UK TIME | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S14 - PC Tier 2 - Round 6: Sakitto GP - 27.11.19 @8PM UK TIME

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
maybe I found the reason I got disconnected midrace and it pissed me off beyond belief...

Steam decided it was a good idea to automatically restart my 31GB download of Arma3 midgame. Throttling enabled to 56MBit but my ISP decided that today I won't have more than 65MBit....... might be. just might be. Just another thing I never had before in 15 years of using Steam... :mad:

I've been troubleshooting my network issues also. If you're on WiFi, maybe a Ethernet over power adapter would be better, Zyxel PLA has served me great so far - you get lower throughput, but the ping (and latency) is great.
well I am currently using power-line and as I mentioned before: I NEVER had problems. But my new ISP which I am with since July or so obviously has problems with it; tried different routers as well..

So yea maybe trying a good PCIe wifi card.. but the next few days I will install an ethernet-cable through my whole flat just to see if that changes something or if the problem lies within my PC :unsure:

Last edited:

GromozekA

Formula Karter
Jan 8, 2019
maybe I found the reason I got disconnected midrace and it pissed me off beyond belief...

Steam decided it was a good idea to automatically restart my 31GB download of Arma3 midgame. Throttling enabled to 56MBit but my ISP decided that today I won't have more than 65MBit....... might be. just might be. Just another thing I never had before in 15 years of using Steam... :mad:

well I am currently using power-line and as I mentioned before: I NEVER had problems. But my new ISP which I am with since July or so obviously has problems with it; tried different routers as well..

So yea maybe trying a good PCIe wifi card.. but the next few days I will install an ethernet-cable through my whole flat just to see if that changes something or if the problem lies within my PC :unsure:
I'm on the same page. Gotta admit, I've also been thinking how to run a cable cleanly from downstairs to my rig.
In my tribulations I ended up increasing bandwidth cap with my ISP and clean installing Windows last week. I gotta say, this week was the first time I didn't see anyone jumping around the track like before. And, nothing feels better than a fresh Windows install, I don't even have any dropped frames in VR anymore and I get stable 60Hz reprojected to 120Hz.

Reactions: StephenCarry

martin78

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 20, 2019
i want to say BIG APOLOGIES to everyone who was involved in my crash after 130R in lap 46, that curb just throwed me into wall where my engine died - i was so shocked and scared, that i couldn't find my keyboard to use ESC key and confirm giving up...

i think i heard some crashing sounds behind me, please confirm that nobody crashed because of me... :cry:

once again - i'm really very sorry

NynS

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 23, 2019
Say thanks to the guy who pushed me onto the grass and caused that spin...
What am I supposed to do, wait until my car hits the wall head on or what?
Sorry for putting it so aggressively here on the forum. However, without this moment I would've been relatively far to the front in time, not have had a later incident as backmarker and having me lose 2 minutes (a lap on very low speed because of broken suspension and a steering deficiency of 20 degrees on my steering wheel that frustrates me, especially since it's lap one of the race...

Like I said at the bottom of my message, it's not steward worthy. There is little you could have done once the spin happened but not by intuition try to recover the spin.
However, I do think you agree when I say that staying in the same spin or move somewhat on the grass (and maybe hit the wall and get a bit of damage) would have been preferable to spin back on track and cause a lot of cars to hit each other and you and get damage that way.

i want to say BIG APOLOGIES to everyone who was involved in my crash after 130R in lap 46, that curb just throwed me into wall where my engine died - i was so shocked and scared, that i couldn't find my keyboard to use ESC key and confirm giving up...

i think i heard some crashing sounds behind me, please confirm that nobody crashed because of me... :cry:

once again - i'm really very sorry
Four cars should've gone past you without problem, maybe something behind happened? I do thank you for remaining stationary, I would have been unable to evade should you have moved forward :)

Edit: added quote

Last edited:

SteveO916

F1 Senna Equivalent
Dec 20, 2016

in steam settings you can set what time it will do downloads. I have mine set between 23:00-00:00. PC is rarely on still at that time so any downloads are queued up and (if I want to) I can start them manually when i next switch on.

I use Powerlines and they have never been the cause of a disconnect - The Disconnects I had at Laguna/Texas were due to my ISP!

PhantomHamster

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jun 23, 2016
I’d like to apologise for my mid race outburst, no matter how bad a race is going there is no excuse for name calling, so again sorry for my actions.
I’d just like to echo @TicklishPicklewickle in saying that rather than resort to an online slinging match put in a stewards inquiry so they can look at any incidents from an unbiased point of view.
See you all next week
Phantom

Mr zak

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Oct 4, 2019
@TicklishPicklewickle pliz watch replay about the formation. the driver 2nd @vlceCZ did something wrong about formation rules. He ddint want to take place in second train and he was at 50km/h while we must be at 80km/h so i lost a place at start because of that .. can you check pliz

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
@TicklishPicklewickle pliz watch replay about the formation. the driver 2nd @vlceCZ did something wrong about formation rules. He ddint want to take place in second train and he was at 50km/h while we must be at 80km/h so i lost a place at start because of that .. can you check pliz
If you have the replay yourself, put up a stewards enquiry about it. If you don't have the replay, I can take a look and record it for you if you need it

JackGame88

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 15, 2019
I believe there was a few problems with the formation lap, I wouldn’t blame just one person. The cars in front/middle were driving to slow, causing a ripple effect, hence there was a chaos at the back, we didn’t know whether the race has already started or did we only speed up to 80km/h. Because of that I was overtaken by at least 2 cars, but maybe for the better as the first lap or 2 were a carnage in front, cars were flying left and right, I must have gained most of the positions just by staying on the track.

Mr zak

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Oct 4, 2019
No
I believe there was a few problems with the formation lap, I wouldn’t blame just one person. The cars in front/middle were driving to slow, causing a ripple effect, hence there was a chaos at the back, we didn’t know whether the race has already started or did we only speed up to 80km/h. Because of that I was overtaken by at least 2 cars, but maybe for the better as the first lap or 2 were a carnage in front, cars were flying left and right, I must have gained most of the positions just by staying on the track.
I was on strict 80 km/h but people and sepcialy 2nd and 3rd wera driving at 50-60km/h so was forced to slow to wait pfff people must read rules again ..driver most affected are on the rear /mid field . So i think the admins neef to find out a solution about the rolling start .. maybe just doing a normal start

StephenCarry

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
in steam settings you can set what time it will do downloads. I have mine set between 23:00-00:00. PC is rarely on still at that time so any downloads are queued up and (if I want to) I can start them manually when i next switch on.
yea got mine set to between 6 and 7 am before I go to work.. but I made the mistake of downloading a few hours before the race and then aborted it. Why Steam felt the need to restart the download? Nobody will ever know.

well take a look at it from P27 here :poop: o_O

but I think we mustn't blame any drivers.

1. reverse grid always is confusing.
2. updated grid due to noshows/DCs/spins
3. a few new or unexperienced drivers
4. RAIN makes you lose your vision
5. the fact that some people avoid discord at all costs and some can't or don't want to use their mics

• Agree
Reactions: NynS

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
I was on strict 80 km/h but people and sepcialy 2nd and 3rd wera driving at 50-60km/h so was forced to slow to wait pfff people must read rules again ..driver most affected are on the rear /mid field . So i think the admins neef to find out a solution about the rolling start .. maybe just doing a normal start
As pole position you are responsible for holding the speed so if you would've just held 80 kph people would've caught up to you on their own. No need to wait for them. If they don't follow your lead then that's their problem.
ViceCZ should kick out, took out s,carry and me watch his driving
Please give me a time of when this happened so I won't have to look through 90 mins of replay

martin78

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 20, 2019
if you were on Discord, you knew that drivers from bottom of the grid asked drivers from begining to slow down, because of big spaces between cars and because of rain there was risky for them to just "go full throttle"

Reactions: vlceCZ

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Discord should actually be mandatory but because of episodes in the past with people not able to run Discord in the background while playing the game, we've not made it mandatory.

The only thing I can say is that if you only want to be on Discord for a couple races, please let it be these reverse grid races. Without everyone on Discord it basically becomes a logistical nightmare for me to communicate to all drivers and during the race it's practically impossible

• Agree

StephenCarry

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
if you were on Discord, you knew that drivers from bottom of the grid asked drivers from begining to slow down, because of big spaces between cars and because of rain there was risky for them to just "go full throttle"
really? Can't remember that and got pissed off we had to snail around with 20-50kph :D

As pole position you are responsible for holding the speed so if you would've just held 80 kph people would've caught up to you on their own. No need to wait for them. If they don't follow your lead then that's their problem.
and there I was after my poles waiting for others to close the gaps because I am a good person... next time I will just sprint away - presented by TPW :ROFLMAO:

psycho

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 23, 2019

Please give me a time of when this happened so I won't have to look through 90 mins of replay
Ok S carry knock on lap 5, (12.14) and me same lap at (12.54)

StephenCarry

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
Ok S carry knock on lap 5, (12.14) and me same lap at (12.54)
yea would love to hear something like at least an apology from @vlceCZ. But he isn't active on the forums is he... He spun @D.Brezancic or @GromozekA as well while being lapped... tough race for him :/

Really don't want to put it in front of the stewards bcs I think from my POV he simply clipped the grass and lost control...

EARRAPE WARNING!!! :D

• Agree

martin78

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 20, 2019
really? Can't remember that and got pissed off we had to snail around with 20-50kph :D
yes, you are right, i also remember moment when i almost stopped (it was before 2nd curve in aces) but when we finally moved on and arrived to spoon, there was some voice, that told that grid is teared apart...