PC - AOR GT3 S14 - PC Tier 2 - Round 8: Hockenheim Classic - 11.12.19 @8PM UK TIME | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S14 - PC Tier 2 - Round 8: Hockenheim Classic - 11.12.19 @8PM UK TIME

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
only 5 spins in practice race! including misjudging the braking point for the first chicane after heavy slipstream, clipping the grass and nailing the wall! :poop:

but pls read and remember ticklish's post about the track limits. You can basically go straight through the third chicane and won't receive ANY penalties. And the penalty from going wide in turn 1 will go away even with slipstream for the whole first straight. So anyone: don't do it. Because everybody is watching! :devilish:

Reactions: Mr zak

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
only 5 spins in practice race! including misjudging the braking point for the first chicane after heavy slipstream, clipping the grass and nailing the wall! :poop:

but pls read and remember ticklish's post about the track limits. You can basically go straight through the third chicane and won't receive ANY penalties. And the penalty from going wide in turn 1 will go away even with slipstream for the whole first straight. So anyone: don't do it. Because everybody is watching! :devilish:
Definitely going to second this. If you go wide a couple times in the race or misjudge your braking point, fair enough. But if it happens every other lap or even every third lap and you're not lifting to negate the time you've gained, it will be reported to the stewards. So don't do it :p

Enton

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 16, 2016
Definitely going to second this. If you go wide a couple times in the race or misjudge your braking point, fair enough. But if it happens every other lap or even every third lap and you're not lifting to negate the time you've gained, it will be reported to the stewards. So don't do it :p
I did cut once the last chicane i think whitou any problem or any penalty or warning, but i didnt gain any from it just not to totaled another car, maybe was @Colossus or @NynS( and @psycho was there a few laps too), and yeah we had a few nice laps action too:

And yeah i have this too, some bambo action with @StephenCarry with some 0/0 wing:

• Happy
Reactions: StephenCarry

GromozekA

Formula Karter
Jan 8, 2019
@StephenCarry, another win - that a mighty power unit in that Lambo! I was on 0/0 downforce and you walked by me twice! As soon as I lost your slipstream it was done for me.
Funny though, in the last 30 sec of qualifying a bolt broke on my motion platform under braking and sent my seat flying! I had 4 min to get out of harness, run and get my tools, find another bolt and nut, undo the broken bolt and two nuts, put another one in, tighten it all and jump in and belt up. It was the most I've performed under pressure - felt like a real pit stop repairing damage. I didn't have enough time to select the right set up, so ended up with 5 L low on fuel.

D.Brezancic

F1 Champion
Mar 6, 2017
@MADDOG mate, i just checked our contact at that backstright and from some unknown reason looks like i move a little to left....deep apologize from me man, i just don't know why is that happened!!!

StephenCarry

Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
oh shite @GromozekA :eek:

but I'm glad we had such an awesome race! Believe me, I heard your McLaren ALL the time and it made me soooo nervous... but as you said I knew as soon as I got you out of my slipstream this could end better for me :p

I was on x-3 downforce and was really fascinated bcs of your and @MADDOG s quali-time.. but heck I had a perfect race, probably my best ever. I ran more than 20 laps with a 2.07 time, the rest 2.08 and my fastest was 2.06.6 I believe - no idea how I did that tho...

But I feel so bad for MADDOG and @NynS bcs you both had such an amazing pace... hope it worked out fine in the end :confused:

Reactions: GromozekA

GromozekA

Formula Karter
Jan 8, 2019
I was on x-3 downforce and was really fascinated bcs of your and @MADDOG s quali-time.. but heck I had a perfect race, probably my best ever. I ran more than 20 laps with a 2.07 time, the rest 2.08 and my fastest was 2.06.6 I believe - no idea how I did that tho...
Quali was about building tire pressure for me. I think I set it on 4th or 5th lap. Maybe your fastest lap was some lucky slipstream, or more likely, it's your skill (you should have way more points - all them disconnects!) In testing I could do low :07s on race pace, but didn't realize it when it mattered. @NynS was really close to unlapping himself, I don't know why I didn't just let him by and used his slipstream.

NynS

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 23, 2019
Quali was about building tire pressure for me. I think I set it on 4th or 5th lap. Maybe your fastest lap was some lucky slipstream, or more likely, it's your skill (you should have way more points - all them disconnects!) In testing I could do low :07s on race pace, but didn't realize it when it mattered. @NynS was really close to unlapping himself, I don't know why I didn't just let him by and used his slipstream.
Because you were the reason that I went so fast. Had I passed you we would've been switching positions all the time. I had to brake earlier at times but you didn't hold me up by too much. If any, you are the reason I passed @MADDOG and @Anduaa in one corner :) and eventually got me to P9.
Sorry for almost hitting you in turn 2 the first time we got there after you lapped me.

I think I could've ended up in P3 had I not spun out in lap 2 when I used @duce as a reference for taking the corner and he spun. Then I had to let the field pass while @Mr zak could not evade me and I ended up with damage. Fine, pit in. Then I drove past my pit crew, and waited 15 seconds while I thought @Mearcat was in my spot and I couldn't pit there. Reversing 50m to my own crew, I had the car repaired and then matched the speed of P1 / P2 :D

In the end, I worked my way back up to P9 in @GromozekA's shadow :D

StephenCarry

Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
Quali was about building tire pressure for me. I think I set it on 4th or 5th lap. Maybe your fastest lap was some lucky slipstream, or more likely, it's your skill (you should have way more points - all them disconnects!) ...
that was my strategy as well but I had to do two short onelap-stints bcs my slippers were wet and I couldn't use the throttle prroperly (thanks cat!) xD

I just watched the replay - no slipstream but I hit the last chicane peeeerfect and didn't brake before the last turn for whatever reason^^

GromozekA

Formula Karter
Jan 8, 2019
Because you were the reason that I went so fast. Had I passed you we would've been switching positions all the time. I had to brake earlier at times but you didn't hold me up by too much. If any, you are the reason I passed @MADDOG and @Anduaa in one corner :) and eventually got me to P9.
Sorry for almost hitting you in turn 2 the first time we got there after you lapped me.

I think I could've ended up in P3 had I not spun out in lap 2 when I used @duce as a reference for taking the corner and he spun. Then I had to let the field pass while @Mr zak could not evade me and I ended up with damage. Fine, pit in. Then I drove past my pit crew, and waited 15 seconds while I thought @Mearcat was in my spot and I couldn't pit there. Reversing 50m to my own crew, I had the car repaired and then matched the speed of P1 / P2 :D

In the end, I worked my way back up to P9 in @GromozekA's shadow :D
I'd call it "strategic use of blue flags".

GromozekA

Formula Karter
Jan 8, 2019
that was my strategy as well but I had to do two short onelap-stints bcs my slippers were wet and I couldn't use the throttle prroperly (thanks cat!) xD

I just watched the replay - no slipstream but I hit the last chicane peeeerfect and didn't brake before the last turn for whatever reason^^
Was the cat munching on your slippers or the throttle? You should let your cat drive - maybe I'll have chances to win at least one race against you.
I never liked the Italian Monza, but this German Monza has grown on me.

• Happy

StephenCarry

Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
Was the cat munching on your slippers or the throttle? You should let your cat drive - maybe I'll have chances to win at least one race against you.
I never liked the Italian Monza, but this German Monza has grown on me.
Kimi spilt his water all over the corridor and I walked thru it... :poop:

I never really liked it either but I grew to love it :)

and don't forget Sonoma where you decimated me and everyone else! :oops:

NynS

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 23, 2019

2:08 for two Benny Hill minutes. Even Mercedes makes better pitstops in Hockenheim.

Last edited:
  • Sad

StephenCarry

Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
btw @TicklishPicklewickle: follow up to our discord discussion about overtaking the guy right in front of you before the start/finish-line.

Didn't see it this time as opposed to several times already this season but I did notice several drivers falling out of the double-file-lineup. Which isn't much better.

Shameless self-promotion.

Can I nominate myself for the Pass Of The Season :D?
Pass of the season - officially certified by me, everone else has to agree.
Drift of the season: @JackGame88 at Nordschleife

:alien:

Enton

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 16, 2016

2:08 for two Benny Hill minutes. Even Mercedes makes better pitstops in Hockenheim.
Did some almost same, in last lap i need to refuel, i cant make it to the end, pitting 2nd time in last lap i cant get any fuel or repair, so i jused that lean option in engin fuel injection section to make it in time and rolled over fhinish line:

And here some i can belive i can fly situations ma AMG and @D.Brezancic Porsche divebomb-torpedoing battle :

I had fun, i was on 0/0 in qualy, 1/2 wings in race sessions. Cars was fine setup worked well, me screwed up big times, like 2 or 3 or 4th too, i didnt know the last pit was me or just some more lamwmoawing moves than it needed be? I dont know really.

Algarét with rain next yeah!!!!

Last edited: