PC - AOR GT3 S14 - PC Tier 2 - Round 8: Hockenheim Classic - 11.12.19 @8PM UK TIME | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S14 - PC Tier 2 - Round 8: Hockenheim Classic - 11.12.19 @8PM UK TIME

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Not entirely agree with you...little example for last night, i had to limp more then 3/4 of lap to pit....lost 1 min ? 2 min ? who knows, there is no way to get it back.
But it was just mine approach to those situation. If someone do apologize it means he is completely aware of its fault!
But if someone try to be arrogant or try to be too smart and then I will go to stewards. Just my way!
Then again would it be fair for the stewards to give someone a 2 min penalty? What I meant to say was that the stewards try to penalize the driver at fault according to the severity of the incident, but within the limits of fairness as well. Getting a 30 sec penalty for causing a pile-up is still a massive hit to the driver at fault.
If people apologise they are probably aware of their fault yes, but have they learnt from it? That's not always the case. If you can simply get away with an "I'm sorry" every time you punt someone off then everyone would be doing that. This is a competition after all which means that some people will take any means necessary if they can get away with it.
Don't agree either. A momentary lapse of concentration or an honest mistake really do not warrant a stewards inquiry.
I never said this. It also depends on what you classify as an "honest mistake". Is missing the braking point considered an honest mistake for example? If you're battling with someone you could always use the excuse of "we were racing close. These things happen in close racing". But I for one isn't going to buy an excuse such as that tbh. Then I'd rather send it to the stewards and have them look at the situation from an unbiased standpoint. The worst thing that would happen is that they say there's nothing in the incident and no one gets a penalty. Nothing is lost by sending an incident to the stewards. By not sending an incident that you're on the fence about to the stewards however, might potentially let a guy that was clearly at fault get away with it. Then he might say "I'm sorry" then proceed to take someone out in the next race as well because he know he can simply apologise and get away with it again

D.Brezancic

F1 Champion
Mar 6, 2017
That was I am talking about-penalty will not give back lost times and positions.
That's the point.

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
That was I am talking about-penalty will not give back lost times and positions.
That's the point.
If everyone think this way it's never going to get better then. Because you rarely get back exactly what you lost but the guy at fault will certainly think twice next time if he is penalized. But instead he can just say "I'm sorry" then do the same thing next race :p
But okay, seems you've already made up your mind and I can't force you to do something you don't want to.

Reactions: martin78

D.Brezancic

F1 Champion
Mar 6, 2017
The thing is people do mistakes, that's a natural thing. If those penalties make people not to do them then we shouldn't have accidents no more. But it will never happen. No one is going to learn anything because of 5, 10, 15 sec of penalties plus some points if he didn't aware of it's error by himself. If someone do intentionally or constantly that's something else. Those should be penalised.
But people have choice to use inquiry or not. That's the rule. End of story. Who need it like it or whatever let him do it.
And all of this doesn't mean I am not going to rise inquiry ever. :)

Last edited:

NynS

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 23, 2019
I never said this. It also depends on what you classify as an "honest mistake". Is missing the braking point considered an honest mistake for example? If you're battling with someone you could always use the excuse of "we were racing close. These things happen in close racing". But I for one isn't going to buy an excuse such as that tbh. Then I'd rather send it to the stewards and have them look at the situation from an unbiased standpoint. The worst thing that would happen is that they say there's nothing in the incident and no one gets a penalty. Nothing is lost by sending an incident to the stewards. By not sending an incident that you're on the fence about to the stewards however, might potentially let a guy that was clearly at fault get away with it. Then he might say "I'm sorry" then proceed to take someone out in the next race as well because he know he can simply apologise and get away with it again
Didn't put those words in your mouth. What I meant was that what I got from your post is that you would like to see more reports, even if both parties would suffice with an apology. It's what I do most of the time - If I feel I have been thoroughly wronged I confront someone with my POV and state my intent of bringing it in front of the stewards if they haven't already apologised / explained their POV to me. I might get someone a 10, 20s penalty, but it does not bring my race back. And the other guy will in 95% of the cases not retry the same manoeuver next race. If he does, it's the nature of the driver...

If it's by 10, 15 meter and you really lightly tap someone, and then wait for him, then yes - I'd consider it an honest mistake. If it's by 50 meter and your rear is trashed, then there'd better be a good explanation. In short, it depends on the situation. A battle with a small touch on the exit of the turn? It's racing. A battle with someone swerving from left to right and hitting me while he knows or should know I am there? Stewards.

Basically, what @D.Brezancic says.
The thing is people do mistakes, that's a natural thing. If those penalties make people not to do them then we shouldn't have accidents no more. But it will never happen. No one is going to learn anything because of 5, 10, 15 sec of penalties plus some points if he didn't aware of it's error by himself. If someone do intentionally or constantly that's something else. Those should be penalised.
But people have choice to use inquiry or not. That's the rule. End of story. Who need it like it or whatever let him do it.
And all of this doesn't mean I am not going to rise inquiry ever. :)
What the main point is, I guess, is that there are people who feel insulted by being dragged to the stewards. However, I would not be myself and I don't consider it a factor either if I feel I've been wronged. However, from myself, I rather talk it out. If I had followed your way and dragged Atlas before the stewards in Watkins Glen, I might have gotten him a penalty, while he lost 3 places as well. The fact that he's being thrown back as well is enough punishment in itself. And what was it about in the end? He only slightly turned left, while Project Cars 2 then glued us and sent us both into the barriers totalling both our cars. I talked it over with Atlas, saw his POV, and basically there was little he could do as well...

• Friendly
Reactions: StephenCarry

Mearcat

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 9, 2018
The first lap incident was from my car spinning out, I stated so in Dischord at the end of the race. I try and avoid making any moves or mistakes for the first lap in any situation as this is what always results.

The spin resulted from the slip stream braking from being behind ?Colossus? heading into the first chicane. I knew I was close and broke sooner than I normally do, before the black sign on the right. However so did Colossus which combined with the washed out braking I had to decide to hit him or move to the right were there was space as he was stopping faster (normal braking I do just past the black sign for reference as to how early I broke). I cannot explain why the car carried on travelling to the right even with input left and reduced braking to try and stop it moving that way.

Once the wheels touched the grass I was a passenger as the car snapped left slamming me into the bentley's side coming to rest right on the apex. This defies logic as in my experience, grass is a softer surface so the wheels/bodywork digs in and should of pulled me right, AWAY from the track not back into it and the rest of you guys behind.
again I apologise for my lump of Japanese plastic becoming and unintended obstacle

Hi, from the race... First @Mr zak thanks for the fight :)

What I to not understand is why we have so many spins and collisions at 1, 2 or 3 lap? We have like 28-35 laps to get where we need to be... exaple if You are 13 position there is a reason and only few people can from that position go to podium... what I suggest to our t2 drivers is to have more pensions gaining posission..
There are so many spins during the first laps because people are not use to formation racing. Or worse try and take advantage of more cautious racers in front of them.

Certain drivers think they see an opportunity to jump several places because people are being cautious (so as not to collide with those in front) and therefore think the risk is worth it. They seem to not care that people are not pushing or diving for the inside during the first laps for a reason so they take the racing line at racing speed, oblivious to the 3 or 4 car group in front of the ONE car they think they are passing.

They suddenly place their cars in a space that is DELIBERATELY LEFT TO NOT CAUSE A COLLISION and therefore have a collision.

There is a rule about this in AOR:

1.2 Overtaking

● Don't be too aggressive when trying to overtake. As the chasing car, it is generally your responsibility to NOT make contact with the car in front.

I see this as - If you can see that you are not going to be passed (fully alongside) the car in front before the apex of the upcoming corner (as braking zones are the most common passing places) THEN YOU BACK OUT OF THE MOVE!
Also, if you go round side by side then you on the inside of the curve DOES NOT WASH WIDE ON THE EXIT.

The problems on the first lap comes from people that THINK there's a passing opportunity, because the ones in front are going slow and therefore try and take advantage instead of WAITING like the rest of us. This adds more complication to an already congested situation.

I have been pushed wide, spun out, hit from the rear all whilst I have been adhering to Rule 1.2 (as the car behind) and the ones behind me not.

I am NOT saying - DONT RACE, I am saying, ..... how did old Jack put it.......

"Wait for the OPPORTUNE moment to race".

If it looks like a lucky opening during the first lap, it most likely IS NOT!

(My 2 cents).

Last edited:

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
Hi guys spécial thx to @Anduaa for his clean fights with me. He is some of my best moments : tight chican + very heavy break + two cars side by side = 0 contact . But lost my car at the curb later..
Few laps later catched him and same story again but overtaked
that is a really awesome fight lads! No contact through that chicane, massive props!

Inquiry will not get back lost time or position. I prefer gentleman apologize. It's good from people to admit errors. And errors will happen but I am sure no one do it intentionally.
I think inquiries are not meant to give you your position back but rather to teach the other driver where and if he was at fault. Of course that's different if the other driver gained a position against you for example. IF he didn't apologize or doesn't feel to be in the wrong, I agree on that.

Send it to the stewards.

I am level with your rear tyre and gave you more then enough room the corner before being gentlemanly like I could have took the racing line as you was behind me but I am not like that I am more than fair in track adequate and would give a place up rather than crash like the lap before when you out broke yourself and almost hit the tyres I knew this was going to be the case that's why I never turned for the corner and gave you the place otherwise you would have crashed into me.
Well in my humble opinion: If you were level with his rear tyres, then it's not your fault obv. But for me it looks like you weren't when you both started braking. Looks like it, tho I don't know of course.

But for me that's a racing incident, a misunderstanding. Maybe zak thought he's ahead and but you were level to his rear for example. Pity of course all in all :/