PC - AOR GT3 S14 - PC Tier 2 - Round 9: Algarve - 18.12.19 @8PM UK TIME | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S14 - PC Tier 2 - Round 9: Algarve - 18.12.19 @8PM UK TIME

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016

ROUND 9 - Algarve

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 18 December 2019
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 32 Laps (1 formation lap + 31 race laps)

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying:
Rain
- Race:
Rain

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 07/09/2019 09:00
- Race start time: 07/09/2019 10:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:
- @4li3n
- @Tw1c3 | Fancy eSports
- @Lev

Uninformed No Shows:

Last edited:

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
@pLock @vlceCZ since you didn't participate in last week's qualifying your qualifying bans have been carried over to this round

NynS

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 23, 2019
Rain.

1576426399793.png

One advantage, it's not reversed grid like Sakitto. Though I'll imagine chaos in lap 1 anyway.

• Scared
Reactions: StephenCarry

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Rain.

View attachment 99498

One advantage, it's not reversed grid like Sakitto. Though I'll imagine chaos in lap 1 anyway.
The conditions are not nearly as bad this time imo. Also, if you ever think there will be a 100% dry season then you're a very optimistic man :p We always have at least 2 or 3 wet races in the span of a season just like you probably would have irl as well :)

NynS

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 23, 2019
The conditions are not nearly as bad this time imo. Also, if you ever think there will be a 100% dry season then you're a very optimistic man :p We always have at least 2 or 3 wet races in the span of a season just like you probably would have irl as well :)
Well, Formula 1 does 'well' to prevent rain as much as possible, 1 in 21 races, less than 5% :)
I don't mind rain, but I perform worse in it and I have the idea a few people don't consider rain to be a factor when they attempt passing :D

D.Brezancic

F1 Champion
Mar 6, 2017
I think we need 20 min for qual and 5 min to wait in pit box before start qualy, isn't it?!

PhantomHamster

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jun 23, 2016
Unfortunately guys I’m not going to make this one as it’s my works Christmas party

• Friend
Reactions: NynS

BruceHamill

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 8, 2019
Rain wouldn't be so bad if PC2 replicated puddles realistically, which it doesn't and has always been an issue.

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Well, Formula 1 does 'well' to prevent rain as much as possible, 1 in 21 races, less than 5% :)
I don't mind rain, but I perform worse in it and I have the idea a few people don't consider rain to be a factor when they attempt passing :D
Baaah F1 is a bad example :p As soon as it starts drizzling a bit we have the whiny Hamilton complaining that it is way too wet. Then they postpone the race for several hours just because of a minor raincloud. Except for Hockenheim this year of course, which turned out to be one of the greatest races of modern F1 imo.

In other categories where the drivers can actually handle a bit of rain, they usually have those for at least a couple of times in the season ;)
Rain wouldn't be so bad if PC2 replicated puddles realistically, which it doesn't and has always been an issue.
Livetrack replicates the irl drainage of the track as well. Which means if a track has mediocre drainage, you'll also see larger puddles. I don't think it's unrealistic at all and actually a nice touch to the game that most other sims doesn't have

BruceHamill

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 8, 2019
Livetrack replicates the irl drainage of the track as well. Which means if a track has mediocre drainage, you'll also see larger puddles. I don't think it's unrealistic at all and actually a nice touch to the game that most other sims doesn't have
I meant the puddles, they are broken, drive through one at anything above 50 mph and it's like hitting a brick wall, instantly spins the car, rain is fine as long as its Light Rain.

Reactions: Mearcat

Mearcat

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 9, 2018
it's like hitting a brick wall, instantly spins the car
Agree, PC2 seems to think going through a puddle is akin to driving the tyres into a brick where they become coated with tar instead of water. I had a real aqua plain moment a last week at 70mph on the A425 near the M42, felt some judder through the steering and front of the car was a little light, that's it! nothing like the thump - swish and ballet pirouette that Live track says should happen. However because SMS is working on PC3 now this will never be fixed so the only option is to avoid the lakes.

Speaking of lakes, this track forms at least 4, maybe 5, all at very dangerous locations where people are sure to try an overtake:
  1. Right on the pit exit - this one forms at the end of the Pit lane exit line which as the race goes on you have to avoid it because it instantly spins you (even at 30!) the only way to avoid it is to cut the end of the line which means a warning, or if done too much (most likely if you pit towards the end), a Penalty.
  2. On the straight between Lagos (T4) and T5, progressively creeps from the right of the track forcing you to the left. You cannot sweep to the right for T5 and it eventually fills the track so there is no avoiding it.
  3. Apex of the curve at Torre VIP (T6 hair pin) eventually fills half the track. It is a slow corner but Live track says you will spin on the exit if you put but a single part of any tyre in the puddle (yeh happened many times in 4 separate 1 hour tests).
  4. Entry into T12, the track is nice and wide here and the puddle tends to stay below the apex till the last 10 minutes of the race, so you can avoid it.
Of all the puddles known above I think the pit lane one is the one that will cause people the most grief. Either a spin, or a penalty punishment for trying to avoid a spin. I hope you all practice it. Thankfully (in a way) if it does spin the car, it spins it into the grass on the right away from the track.

I'll be running test servers over the next few days to see how it is with large numbers of cars running on the track (wife permitting).

(oh and Hamilton actually like the rain, he's faster when its wet, though that was the previous seasons, don't know how he's been in 2019).

Last edited:
  • Useful

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Right on the pit exit - this one forms at the end of the Pit lane exit line which as the race goes on you have to avoid it because it instantly spins you (even at 30!) the only way to avoid it is to cut the end of the line which means a warning, or if done too much (most likely if you pit towards the end), a Penalty.
I think we will be running the pit exit penalty to off so people have a chance of avoiding this puddle. We are currently discussing it in the staff forums.
On the straight between Lagos (T4) and T5, progressively creeps from the right of the track forcing you to the left. You cannot sweep to the right for T5 and it eventually fills the track so there is no avoiding it.
This one's perhaps the worst one. The 1 hour practice I did yesterday I didn't really have much trouble with it. You can definitely still take it as much left as possible and still make it and I haven't had it so bad that I couldn't stay to the left and survive.
Apex of the curve at Torre VIP (T6 hair pin) eventually fills half the track. It is a slow corner but Live track says you will spin on the exit if you put but a single part of any tyre in the puddle (yeh happened many times in 4 separate 1 hour tests).
I honestly think this one is easily avoidable. The hairpin is tight, but it's either taking it slow and go around it, or cutting through it and risking to spin :p I'd advise everyone to avoid overtaking here if you can though since you're never going to make it 2 wide with this puddle

• Useful

BruceHamill

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 8, 2019
Agree, PC2 seems to think going through a puddle is akin to driving the tyres into a brick where they become coated with tar instead of water. I had a real aqua plain moment a last week at 70mph on the A425 near the M42, felt some judder through the steering and front of the car was a little light, that's it! nothing like the thump - swish and ballet pirouette that Live track says should happen. However because SMS is working on PC3 now this will never be fixed so the only option is to avoid the lakes.

Speaking of lakes, this track forms at least 4, maybe 5, all at very dangerous locations where people are sure to try an overtake:
  1. Right on the pit exit - this one forms at the end of the Pit lane exit line which as the race goes on you have to avoid it because it instantly spins you (even at 30!) the only way to avoid it is to cut the end of the line which means a warning, or if done too much (most likely if you pit towards the end), a Penalty.
  2. On the straight between Lagos (T4) and T5, progressively creeps from the right of the track forcing you to the left. You cannot sweep to the right for T5 and it eventually fills the track so there is no avoiding it.
  3. Apex of the curve at Torre VIP (T6 hair pin) eventually fills half the track. It is a slow corner but Live track says you will spin on the exit if you put but a single part of any tyre in the puddle (yeh happened many times in 4 separate 1 hour tests).
  4. Entry into T12, the track is nice and wide here and the puddle tends to stay below the apex till the last 10 minutes of the race, so you can avoid it.
Of all the puddles known above I think the pit lane one is the one that will cause people the most grief. Either a spin, or a penalty punishment for trying to avoid a spin. I hope you all practice it. Thankfully (in a way) if it does spin the car, it spins it into the grass on the right away from the track.

I'll be running test servers over the next few days to see how it is with large numbers of cars running on the track (wife permitting).

(oh and Hamilton actually like the rain, he's faster when its wet, though that was the previous seasons, don't know how he's been in 2019).
Yep this is exactly my point, running in the rain, i get, we should have to do it from time to time, but Light rain is enough. The puddles are terrible and completely unrealistic, to the point they actually ruin a race, only takes 1-2 players to not know about them or be prepared for them and it can hamper 5-6-7-8 other peoples races, depending who gets caught in the carnage.

NynS

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 23, 2019
1576534881386.png

I am going to hang this screenshot up my wall. Doesn't matter that I was passed on track and I had to pit, I'm going to list this one above my bed. :D

My 2 cents about the puddles:
- Pit exit: RIP. I'm taking the pit exit warning penalty, bc it's undoable driving over it. Saw Wagner spin right in front of me when he got out of the pits.
- Between T3 and T4: from lap 23 onwards the race line goes over the kerbs, unless you're @Nila and take these corners like a madman :D
Nila, please
1576535320835.png

Anyway:
- Inside of T5: take a wider apex
- Inside in the double right between T6 en T7 - should you somehow spin to the inside, be very careful with a rejoin. It gets progressively worse. If you drive normally, it's an OK puddle.
- Inside of T8 - Wider line, might get away with touching it with your left front but shouldn't pose too much of a problem
- Inside of T12 - Same as T8, but since the next one is also a left hander you can get a bit to the outside and brake on the kerbs, leading to a spin. Be careful.
- Inside of T16 - Most people take a wide line in the last corner to the finish, but I'm making less meters. I have to be careful not the hit the puddle on the right.
- Start/Finish straight - if you want to high five your pit crew at the end of the race, be very careful because there's a huge puddle. I nearly crashed right before the end of the race lol.

Attachments

Last edited:

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
@duce and @Wagner we srsly need to talk.

how the clusterf*ck are you faster than the tier1 guys?! :D

Srsly, I'm baffled beyond belief. In Sakitto I had top-3 pace even in heavy traffic until my disconnect - same goes for practice sessions. Now I'm TWO(!) seconds slower than you guys and even @NynS is a second faster than me! Can you believe it?!?!?! sry for the banter :poop:

Algarve usually is one of my favourite tracks... but contrary to Sakitto, where I didn't spin in 50+ laps, I lost it like 10 times in practice :mad:

WHAT'S YOUR SECRET!!! EXPLAAAIN!!! :ROFLMAO:

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
@duce and @Wagner we srsly need to talk.

how the clusterf*ck are you faster than the tier1 guys?! :D

Srsly, I'm baffled beyond belief. In Sakitto I had top-3 pace even in heavy traffic until my disconnect - same goes for practice sessions. Now I'm TWO(!) seconds slower than you guys and even @NynS is a second faster than me! Can you believe it?!?!?! sry for the banter :poop:

Algarve usually is one of my favourite tracks... but contrary to Sakitto, where I didn't spin in 50+ laps, I lost it like 10 times in practice :mad:

WHAT'S YOUR SECRET!!! EXPLAAAIN!!! :ROFLMAO:
Watch this guy go ahead and win the race tomorrow. He uses this one wierd trick that all his competitors hate ;)

Reactions: Enton