PS4 - AOR GT3 S14 - PS4 Tier 1 - Round 8: Hockenheim Classic GP - 11/12/2019 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S14 - PS4 Tier 1 - Round 8: Hockenheim Classic GP - 11/12/2019 @8PM UK Time

Camo_C

2 Times AOR PS4 Project Cars2 Champion
Premium Member
Apr 17, 2018
Hi guys. I have a question for the professionals. Do you have a different setup for race as for the qualification? Thank you
I reckon there are 2 types of people.
1. Use their race setup, but lower the fuel down to 3-6 laps. (weather dependant)
2. Completely new setup for qualification.

I say this, because I have done both ha.

Reactions: Essa.Racing

Essa.Racing

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 11, 2019
I reckon there are 2 types of people.
1. Use their race setup, but lower the fuel down to 3-6 laps. (weather dependant)
2. Completely new setup for qualification.

I say this, because I have done both ha.
Totally agree. I used to be on the side of making a few changes for a quali set up. Like tyre pressures/areo/fuel/intakes. Now though I tend to set the car up for the race then drop the fuel and maybe if I can drop a notch on both front and rear areo.

VSR_Rotary

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans LMP1-H tier 1 Winner
Apr 10, 2018
Hi guys. I have a question for the professionals. Do you have a different setup for race as for the qualification? Thank you
Sometimes, usually i make a race setup first make the car stable and consistent and then make a new save for a qualifying setup usually the same settings but just changing a few areas, fuel, radiator and other stuff to get a few more tenths but i'd do what you feel is time efficient and worth your while, make your practice effective and it will pay off in the race if things go to plan

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
full practice sessions tonight from 7:00uk - thumbs up for an invite

2 slots left for tomorrow:-

Jarryd Vermeulen

AOR PS4 Touring Car T1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
Please read!!! Important information!!! ;)

Important notes for the Hockenheim Classic GP:
1. Since season 11 we are using the in-game cut detection system as the main method of enforcing track limits, however at Turn 1, 2 and 3 (first chicane) the in-game system can occasionally be unreliable. Everyone is reminded that the standard AOR white line rules are still in effect, and that they are still expected to lift to return any gained time, regardless of if the in-game system would clear without lifting.

2. There is a possibility to 'ghost' your car. If for whatever reason your car is ghosted during the qualifying session you need to return to the pits immediately, this will reset your car and you can continue the qualification. Driving around in the qualification with a ghosted car can get you disqualified by the stewards after the race.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3zuSqXL.png[/img]

mcwolfman

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 6, 2019
Please read!!! Important information!!! ;)

Important notes for the Hockenheim Classic GP:
1. Since season 11 we are using the in-game cut detection system as the main method of enforcing track limits, however at Turn 1, 2 and 3 (first chicane) the in-game system can occasionally be unreliable. Everyone is reminded that the standard AOR white line rules are still in effect, and that they are still expected to lift to return any gained time, regardless of if the in-game system would clear without lifting.

2. There is a possibility to 'ghost' your car. If for whatever reason your car is ghosted during the qualifying session you need to return to the pits immediately, this will reset your car and you can continue the qualification. Driving around in the qualification with a ghosted car can get you disqualified by the stewards after the race.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3zuSqXL.png[/img]
How am j supposed to know my car is ghosted?

papano92

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 19, 2018
I'm not in the Merc but I will say mid 2.05 race fuel and mid to low 2.04 quali from what I've seen.
Not sure if any sand bagging going on but doubt it .
If 2.05 is the race pace I'll retire my car after the formation lap to save the engine :p. I knew that Audi is slow at the straights but not so much

Camo_C

2 Times AOR PS4 Project Cars2 Champion
Premium Member
Apr 17, 2018
I hoped to get a chunk of practice done last night. After getting home at 7pm, I passed out at 8pm-ish.
I'm in the 2.10's at the moment haha, but looks like my fellow Audi drivers aren't having much luck either.
It's going to be an F1 race!

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
If 2.05 is the race pace I'll retire my car after the formation lap to save the engine :p. I knew that Audi is slow at the straights but not so much
Not everyone will have those times only the top few so the rest of the pack can race but please don't spin and crash into me this week :)

Last edited: