PS4 - AOR GT3 S14 - PS4 Tier 2 - Round 6 - Sakitto GP - 27.11.19 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S14 - PS4 Tier 2 - Round 6 - Sakitto GP - 27.11.19 @8PM UK Time

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018

ROUND 6 - Sakitto GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 27 November 2019
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: No qualifying for this round! Starting order will be reversed championship standings.
- Race: 52 Laps (1 formation lap + 51 race laps)

● Weather Conditions:
- Race:
Rain -
Clear -
Clear (Real-Time)

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Race start time: 23/08/2019 14:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:
- @SBOODIFOU73

Uninformed No Shows:
- @Marcos Moutinho

Last edited:

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018

Kingma

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 20, 2019
This is gonna be interesting and exciting starting from pole, hope to bring a bit more pace on a track more suited to a NSX (home ground, VTEC jo!) and a bit more pace from me as well. The rain is another factor that affects this race, which denies an early pitstop and running in some clean air, so I'll be trying to keep the clean air for myself as long as possible starting from pole

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
I'm liking the random transitions for this one. Rain could stop after a few laps or nearer the end.

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
I tested it earlier and it stopped after 20mins. Was kinda glad when it did so I could stop spinning (hadn't done any setup work)
are you sure you had 'real-time' weather set? on a 90 minute online practice session? - there's no way it should stop that early

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
Well, there is such a possibility.
There are 3 weather slots: rain-sun-sun. So in real time, if it's not random, it would be 30 minutes of each weather for a 90 minutes race (30 minutes of rain and 2x30 minutes of sun).
So most probably it will stop raining between 20 and 40 minutes.

• Disagree
  • Informative
Reactions: BDG_Geo and Slicker

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
Well, there is such a possibility.
There are 3 weather slots: rain-sun-sun. So in real time, if it's not random, it would be 30 minutes of each weather for a 90 minutes race (30 minutes of rain and 2x30 minutes of sun).
So most probably it will stop raining between 20 and 40 minutes.
i disagree - real-time weather slots are approximately 1 hour each (with some variation +/-) - what you describe is what it would do if it were set 'sync-to-race'

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
Hmmm didn't know that.

So what's the point of setting the weather to rain-sun-sun (3x1h) instead of rain-sun (2x1h), which would be enough?

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
Hmmm didn't know that.

So what's the point of setting the weather to rain-sun-sun (3x1h) instead of rain-sun (2x1h), which would be enough?
No real time is ok. The third slot is to be sure that it won't start raining again.
Every slot is around 40-60 minutes, if you do two slots and it will do 2 x 45 minutes, then it could start raining.

Reactions: BDG_Geo and Shnoo80

Noxvi

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T3 Champion
Feb 1, 2018
I did some practice today and Project CARS is again being Project CARS the tyres were dying in the wet they wore out 50% in like 7 laps and the car was understeering like hell despite changing the setup, this game sometimes....

RacingAtHome

AOR PS4 Clio Cup T2 Champion
May 5, 2016
I did some practice today and Project CARS is again being Project CARS the tyres were dying in the wet they wore out 50% in like 7 laps and the car was understeering like hell despite changing the setup, this game sometimes....
I've only ever felt that issue come up in practice. Never in the actual race.

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Same, but it's still very annoying because I can't get a feel for the car until Tuesday
Create an online lobby, make it private and fill the grid with ai (you choose the level of ai) you can sim any session this way and it gives more accurate readings for wear etc since you've a full grid of cars.

Only downside is the ai isn't the greatest and sometimes gets in the way and doesn't really give you an idea of the pace of others. I've seen tracks where I've been a good few seconds ahead of strong ai and found I'm almost 2 seconds down against human players.

• Informative
Reactions: Noxvi

Noxvi

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T3 Champion
Feb 1, 2018
Create an online lobby, make it private and fill the grid with ai (you choose the level of ai) you can sim any session this way and it gives more accurate readings for wear etc since you've a full grid of cars.

Only downside is the ai isn't the greatest and sometimes gets in the way and doesn't really give you an idea of the pace of others. I've seen tracks where I've been a good few seconds ahead of strong ai and found I'm almost 2 seconds down against human players.
Good shout.

Reactions: Archie619

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Anyone got any wet and dry times? I feel comfortable with the car but I feel massively slow on race pace.